General Board: How do I get onto LA staff?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How do I get onto LA staff?
    Posted: 31 August 2016 at 7:36pm
This post aims to give greater transparency on what we look for when it comes to bringing people onto LA staff, in case there are people are there now & in the future who are interested in joining the team. 

What is LA staff?

Basically, it's the team of people who voluntarily contribute to the administration & running of the site. There are three groups of varying level of seniority. With greater seniority comes greater powers on the forum & therefore greater responsibility. The most senior level is Senior Moderator, followed by Moderator, rounded off by Street Team

Who are the current staff?

Senior moderators = Arthur, Cuba, Law
Moderators = Endeavour, Neek, Nigma
Street Team = Droidian, Ridley Squat, Rutter Knows Best, Sammy

Who decides on the staff?

Generally the decision are taken by Senior Mods, but often in consultation with the wider mod team. If a vacancy comes up and/or the team feels there is a gap we'll discuss potential candidates between ourselves before arriving at a decision. 

How do I get onto the staff?

Traditionally we approach members directly where we feel they would make a positive contribution. Ultimately we consider the following: 

a) Do they have sufficient levels of activity?
b) Do we think they would be a good role model? 
c) Do they seem to be able to handle responsibility?
d) Do they have a good attitude? i.e. do they contribute positively to the site in terms of selfless behaviours (i.e. voting regularly, giving good quality feedback, etc)

This list isn't exhaustive & we try to balance the factors and continually improve our selections.

If you are interested in being more involved in the running of the site, the best way to get noticed is to be active, be a good role model, get involved with contributing ideas & offering to run tournies/events/games/challenges or take the initiative deliver those type of things, or magazine content. 

The mod team notices these type of things & regardless, by acting in those ways you'll contribute to making LA a better place to be regardless...so it's a win-win.

We also have a 'site discussion forum' that is hidden to general membership, which we run on an invite-only basis currently.

Any questions or comments, let us know below.  

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic