Author
Trizzy Tre View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 30-7-1
Form: WLWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: October update
    Posted: 15 October 2016 at 4:16pm
I totally missed this post...

Great job giving the site an update for the entire month. Nice way to keep all members in the loop on activity.

Well done Cubes
Sky Scrapur View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 0-1-0
Form: L
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sky Scrapur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2016 at 12:44pm
This is great Cubes. The site needs a monthly update and it gives everybody insight. I appreciate the work you doing, it's really needed.
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2016 at 11:32am
Thanks for the feedback guys...you can still sign in to the Topical Twist league if you're interested Alice as I'll be creating a new division with Exo and Stu in the coming days
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner
Speaker of Wisdom & Truth

Stats: 3-4-0
Form: WLLWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2016 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by D-NoS D-NoS wrote:

I don't know where the like button is xD (Rate ..maybe?)

It's only displayed on Desktop view, but not on mobiles.
Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
D-NoS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 0-6-0
Form: LLLLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote D-NoS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2016 at 10:12pm
I don't know where the like button is xD (Rate ..maybe?)

Anyway, i'm sure this was one of the first posts I looked at upon my re-arrival. Monthly Update rules dude!

https://dnos.bandcamp.com

https://soundcloud.com/dnos_aka_dicey
alicewonder View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 2-1-2
Form: WWLNN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote alicewonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2016 at 9:41pm
Appreciate the work you put in, Cuba. 
I think monthly updates like this one are good overviews on the most important "happenings". Particularly, as you pointed out, when there's been a decline in activity. I don't necessarily think that it's too lengthy, though. 
I missed the topical twist event, so I'll definitely have a thorough glance at it in a bit. I think there is less activity due to personal circumstances, or so I believe, in some cases. So hopefully it'll increase soon. 
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2016 at 9:23pm
Any comments on any of this? Any specifics or in general? I.e. do you think the update should be shorter going forward?

If it's not valuable to you guys then we'll not bother doing it going forward. No need to write a comment if you don't feel like it, just click the like button on top of original post if you want it to continue.
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (4) Likes(4)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2016 at 8:13pm
October Update

Despite a noticeable lull in activity in recent weeks, we continue to run an array of activities that the members can get involved in. With the mod team a little light on the ground in recent weeks for a variety of reasons, we need you guys to continue posting to keep the place buzzing. A little activity from everyone can go a long way.

Expanded Mod team

Due to his both solid and diligent work on the 1-2 Punch League Rutter has been promoted to Moderator...turns out the guy really does know best.

Audio Mic/Open Mic Games

With Crewsades, Topical Twist, 1-2 punch league and the drop in activity in recent weeks we've extended out the current Word Drop until the middle of October and will do so with the current King of the Open Mic if people want to submit entries.

Word Drop #6

Current Open Mic King

Props to Endeavor, Droidan, and Neek for running these. 

Crewsades

The first Crewsades battle between Empire & Syndicate is going down to the wire. Trizzy scored a KO win against Zinaii but Concrete replied with a shut out against Beans to retain the LA text title. The final battle of the set is up between Rutter & Jay and Ashley Kaos & Goryo. If you vote one battle this weekend, make sure it's this one. Link below.

Rutter n Jay vs Ash n Goryo

Crewsades Chat & Discussion

1-2 Punch League

Rutter's 1-2 league continues to go from strength to strength, with RKB knocking it out of the park consistently on the Mag front. It's a quick & simple format to get involved with, you get a battle every week and only 1 punchline is required. If you want to read the rules, sign up, or vote the current crop of battles just check out the 1-2 Punch board link below. 

All the latest content is on the LA Magazine. If you're willing & able to spare some time to support Rutter with running the league or creating the content for the mag, drop him a line or post a reply as I'm sure he'd appreciate the help.

1-2 Punch board

1-2 Punch Sign In Thread

LA Magazine

Topical Twist

In essence a mini topical league, the idea is to get people involved in topical battles who might not otherwise or just want a neutral person to set the topics. You also get all the benefits of regular competition. There is still time to get involved, so check out the sign up sheet below if you're interested.

Topical Twist - sign up sheet

What's Next? 

After some of the above events, eg. Topical Twist, Crewsades, begin coming to a close. There is talks of another Battle Royale and possibly another cash prize tournament either Clash 4 Cash or Identity Crisis II. There will be a thread when the time comes of which cash tournament everyone wants. Based on the majority of what you guys want is what we will have. If there is any ideas or something you think you can run, feel free to use our comments and suggestions section. 

Spotlight Section

We launched the Spotlight section last moment, the idea being there would be a 'one stop shop' for all the hot topics in LA. It showcases all the biggest battles, hottest open mics, as well best discussions going on in LA. 

Spotlight Section

Slow down in activity

We've noticed a recent slow down in activity. If there's any specific reasons for that on your personal part we'd really like to know if there is anything we can do to help encourage more activity. We're putting a lot of work in to make LA a great place to be & we really want to see a vibrant and growing community. 

We have lots of great ideas we want to implement over the coming months, but we want them to drive activity and interest & if you don't post it's hard for us to know you want to see more of these types of things. 

Moderators Skype Names

The Law - thelaw-la

Cuba - cuba-la

Arthur - live:keeir

Endeavor - captainendeez

Nigma - ts_piiz

Neek - la_neek

Scotty32 - scotty_32

So if you have a skype and need to contact one of us. Feel free to add us.

Looking forward to see increased activity going forward. 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic