Introductions: I'm new here, wtf is going on?!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lyrical View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lyrical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I'm new here, wtf is going on?!
    Posted: 23 October 2020 at 12:24am
welcome to the
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2016 at 9:16pm
So, you're new to the site...but possibly not new to the scene. You're wondering what exactly does this place have to offer?

Well, I'm glad you asked!! Below are the best boards to get a feel for the place:

News & announcements - yeah, some of it's pretty dry and boring but if you see a thread called "November update" (or whatever the current month is) that's a pretty good place to start. We give an overview of the main happenings of the previous month & bit of a sneak preview into what's coming up on the site.

Spotlight - as the name suggests, a board where we put the Spotlight on key happenings. It'll have the biggest battles, hottest open mics and key discussion topics. If you want to dip into the key content, this is the place to go.

LA Magazine - for those times when you don't feel like writing/feeding or have a few spare moments. Designed to be a relaxed forum with a variety of content. Other discussion boards are available.

Where do I get started?

Good question...for topical writers we've got regular challenges, OM King and Word Drop (make sure you check the Open Mic board to see if these are the most recent versions!!) which are quick and easy challenges to participate in for a bit of fun. For those looking for a bit more competition, there's the Topical Twist league

For battlers we have the 1-2 Punch League as well as regular innovative battle events (e.g. Battle Royale) and the occasional 'pay-to-play' tournament where you can compete for cash prizes.

Any questions, shout up & one of the members or staff will be on hand to give an answer.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic