Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Perceptions Perceived [KOTM]
    Posted: 15 November 2016 at 5:24pm

Perceptions Perceived

there's an inner peace between the seams,/
but none the less im split between,/
happiness in fields of dreams,/
Malfeasance and evil deeds,/

in recent weeks ive felt at ease,/
nestled betwixt the leaves of trees,/
wrestling with the darkness ive seen,/
raised amidst a city of thieves,/

where cutting throats is merely a means,/
sins to survive, im guilty of these,/
behind the scenes what does this really achieve?/
life is precious and you need to believe,/

if there's leafless trees, we're unable to breathe,/
so switch this please and bring on the peaks,/
if people are hungry give something to eat,/
next time there's beef, share a piece of the cheese,/

trust me my peeps, ive done studies,/
outcomes depend on perceptions perceived./
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Crew: Elision

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2016 at 12:59am
hm, why is this not getting any feed? this was a very solid showing.

ha you actually had me look up malfeasance lol as i thought it was a typo on maleficence haha. so i read this as one's internal struggle between his altruistic nature and the current, hopeless reprieve of humanity as a whole. Which i totally understand. Its hard to stay positive in the face of fucked up shit so i do appreciate the message of this verse. Positive message is often shied away from for whatever reason so this was certainly a breath of fresh air. I like how u use the photo also. rhyming was pretty solid bro. very clean and lots of multies to move things along. if i was to nitpick, i felt that this could've been an awesome character sketch - like if u were to elaborate on this part:

where cutting throats is merely a means,/
sins to survive, im guilty of these

use that segment as a crutch to go into specific internal strife....man that would have been insane, combined with that rhyming! But as it stands this is definitely solid and should be getting more feed!

Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2016 at 9:08am
Interesting,you came with a completely different angle for this picture,more
humanity based than other drops on this topic,kind of gave the impression of
hope,false or otherwise,but then how can hope be false,anyways I loved the
simplicity of this piece in display give it a purpose all of its own here,that
gave it a fresh feel and vibe for me,also a quick read that was easy to take in
and absorb,if only ppl could shed their frailties think of the heights we could
attain,but this for the time being is a pipe dream,we as a race need to break
from boarders and traditions that holds us all back,but don't see it happening
any time soon, that what I got from this verse,made me think a little about us as
a race,so well done for turning the cogs in my head here,the message given is
a clear one really,upbeat and positive also focused,I liked this piece on the whole,
a real good and alternative view of the picture, nice work here enjoyed the read..
peace.

"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2016 at 1:07am
thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. the picture was very inspiring, normally don't write verses to pictures but I enjoyed this go.
SELF ACTIVATE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Elision

Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2016 at 2:18pm
there's an inner peace between the seams,/
but none the less im split between,/
Malfeasance and evil deeds,/

I think what you wrote here is something we all can relate to. It's that inner-conflict that takes place in the depths of our souls...it's that eternal battle that is waged daily for the possession of man's peace of mind and destiny.

Quote in recent weeks ive felt at ease,/
raised amidst a city of thieves,/

I think you did a grood job here indirectly depicting the contrasting imagery. It was subtle, but apparently.

Quote where cutting throats is merely a means,/
life is precious and you need to believe,/

I can't say that I disagree.

Quote if there's leafless trees, we're unable to breathe,/

This line is probably my favorite. It simple, yet powerful in what it states. Not that I'm an Green-Peace-tree-hugging-environmentalist or anything, but I do believe in respecting the planet from which we all sprung forth from and share. I think to any civilized mind that should be obvious, but thus apparently it is not. In any case, what you wrote was the true.

Quote so switch this please and bring on the peaks,/
next time there's beef, share a piece of the cheese,/

Wouldn't that be nice?

Quote trust me my peeps, ive done studies,/
outcomes depend on perceptions perceived./

Indeed. What you choose to believe will determine your own reality.

Overall -- this was a nice submission, bro. You had a relevant message that meshed well with the topic. Your written voice was clear and your written thoughts were well expressed. As for the mechanics, I think you maintained a smooth and fluid read throughout.

Nice job, LP.

Peace...
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2016 at 4:23pm
That was a great review, thank you very much!
spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2016 at 11:30pm
I liked your entry last month and this didn't let that trend down
Similar to mine in approach, so it was easier for me to relate to than some of the other entries

spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2016 at 11:41pm
End rhymes were dope as fuck so the flow was seamless to me
Sometimes shit is just about preference and all people dig different things, clever in end rhymes are def one of my favourite tools and more realistic less cryptic wording also works for me
You had that all going on, the read was easy
If I had to give advice from a non condescending stand point, I would say thinking on trying to create Clever connections thru wordplay would strengthen game

Final Boss

Audio Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2016 at 1:52pm
Just saw this last feedback. Thanks spume, I will take your advice and run with it. I appreciate any constructive Critism anytime .
The Inventor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Inventor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2016 at 5:56pm
"there's an inner peace between the seems,/but none the less im split between the seams,/
Malfeasance and evil deeds,/"

This was a great opening quatrain. Loved how you perfectly described the image of finding peace between madness and happiness.

"in recent weeks ive felt at ease,/
raised amidst a city of thieves,/"

Solid flow and rhyming here. I also like the content of struggling with darkness,but finding your comfort zone despite of it.

"where cutting throats is merely a means,/
life is precious and you need to believe,/"

Once again the content is great and the flow is executed well. I like how your words paint an image of a people doing anything to survive and stay alive.

"if there's leafless trees, we're unable to breathe,/
so switch this please and bring on the peaks,/
next time there's beef, share a piece of the cheese,/"

Solid content here as well. I Also love the message about helping one of another and the line about beef and cheese was cool.

"trust me my peeps, ive done studies,/
outcomes depend on perceptions perceived./"

This was a decent closer. The only flaw I could see is that the end word on the second to last bar doesn't rhyme with the next bar's last word. I think it would have flowed better if you said,"Trust me peeps,I've studied the leaves,/
Outcomes depend on perceptions perceived,/"
Lastly,this was a good entry that did a solid job of describing what the image depicted.

Final Boss

Audio Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2016 at 11:04pm
i appreciate the feedback inventor
alicewonder View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 2-1-2
Form: WWLNN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote alicewonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2016 at 2:45am
I have only seen very few verses from you, so I'm glad I read this one. The content was impressive.
With the risk of repeating what's been said already, I thoroughly enjoyed the approach you took. It was definitely different as it had a strong, underlying sense of hope and positive prospects which really set this apart. The middle segment was, personally, a highlight. The schemes and very clear rhymes you used made for a smooth read throughout. It would've been interesting to see you expanding the narrative with some more details, an incorporation of a character for example, as Sammy already mentioned. An enjoyable read overall. And I also learned a new word, so thanks for sharing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic