Forum LockedText Battle Archive: **TITLE MATCH** Kiki Spirez -vs- spume (2-5)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Concrete View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 33-6-0
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Concrete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: **TITLE MATCH** Kiki Spirez -vs- spume (2-5)
    Posted: 26 November 2016 at 5:52pm
Finally, we got ourselves..

**Blood of the Belt Final Match**

Rules:

*16 lines per challenger*
*Due 2 weeks from this date*
*First to 5 votes wins the match*
*Rest is House Rules*

*Winner will recieve the belt and be crowned LA Champion*

Kiki Spirez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 68-26-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kiki Spirez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 2:11pm

*LI - The Spine of LA.
*Took his belt in 1-2

You've been here nearly 6 years, now you're in a dead crew with dead rhymes,
I'd cred you for being old school - But the only boundaries you pushed were deadlines,
So headline with the same dimes, tired 'Ki' plays replayed for the tenth time,
LI was my fam.. But with quick ease i'll go Chris Reeves and make SC a dead spine,
Spume with some more durge to spin, HE KNOWS it'd be absurd to win
But imma leave him hangin' - Like every cunt who's waited on a verse from him,
Imma murder kin - Fuck friendship, i'm about to let out a further sin,
I take his belts like '1-2..' - Shame that i'll never get to take a third from him,
He got stripped like he took a strut in saunas, shoulda fucking warned us..
When you wrote 'Full Circle', we didn't know you meant cutting corners,  
Fuck awards, I just like sorting these fucking funny Trump supporters,
After this, you'll WISH you got raped by a Mexican that'd come from borders,
Last final we met as two - I cruised to a 5-1 when I beat a Spume,
That was ONE BAR - After 8 you'll fucking breathe through tubes,
We're through and through, but the past in truth will always ether dudes,
Cos I remember before leader Spu, feeding a newb when no one would speak to you..

Originally posted by spume corrupt spume corrupt wrote:

Originally posted by Kiki Spirez Kiki Spirez wrote:

Thanks guys. 
Btw, spume corrupt, are you a new or old guy? Never seen you around, but i've been off my LA for a few months.

Lol kiki I been here long enough to have dropped some feed in ya last open mic also
If you would like to know more about spume corrupt please feel free to read an feed
My own popular recent open mic "mean hookin"cos dat's who I am lmao

But yeah I'm kinda new here an fuck I get lonely sometimes
Outy

spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2016 at 11:12pm
Now stay down bitch
As I expose ya whole career for being broke “bummy”, and dependant on a favour
So if I say failed actor relying on his mummy, I’m not talking the end of Brendan Frazer
Spent you fucking waster, near 30 with ya parents, should’a been strangled at birth fool
Then I wouldn’t have to see a bitch force more multis on a community than Angela Merkel
Shits boring unnatural, so ya fake up front ridiculous ass should be jacking in rhymes
After this one, ya’ll can call the bitch Kiki Minaj, cos he’s mainly seen dragging “behind”
Like what’s happened in Kind, Goose flew, on seeing you will never be about the fly shit
I’d outclass ya crew with its own “End” but shit’s already happened there twice bitch
Fucking embarrassment to my crew, your whole style left us on the brink of drought
Members went awol B4U, cos as a writer you was blanked and made the Inc run out
He’ll always be shit on sight, so no doubt I’m bringing him down an killing him properly
I’ll leave the best line ups of Kiks crashing back to earth like that Brazilian soccer teams
I got the rocks for Ki’s temples and dome, nonstop until this lame jokes stupid
I’ll knock him off point and put him to sleep, so He’s less Spires, more plain old roofied
That’s all the truth bitch, you got so many shots it’s like my trigger went viral
And we’re just seeing round after round go down……Like I’m bringing the Spir-a-L

Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2016 at 7:50pm
Open for votes.
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2016 at 10:19pm

This vote has been accepted by a moderator.

So I know these things usually sit around for ages awaiting votes & in the spirit of kicking that inertia in the ball sack I'll kick this one off...

Mr. Spirez

Opener was cool, I liked the repetition of 'dead...', the ultimate punch wasn't that hard hitting, but he was late (again) so gave it an aura of authenticity. Punchline itself I felt could've been more succinct to really maximise that hit, but I liked it as an opener. Headlines/same dimes felt a little filler-ish, 'ki plays' was a cool jab (see if he uses any...), next punch was pretty dope...play was dated but got away with it due to slickness of the rhyme scheme, the play itself in one respect was pretty simple (SC) but the "dead spine" was pretty clever flip on the crew motto. Felt borderline a little wordy with the "LI was my fam" piece, but you obviously need that part to make the "dead spine" play to work, so you get away with it. To make that really top tier I think you could've integrated the LI piece into the filler line & cut the unnecessary rhyming. Your flow is good enough to cope with it. Next one was a funny punch, really liked the ultimate hit and the jab in the setup "absurd to win" was a nice 1-2 combo...only real critique was that "durge to spin" felt kind of forced to fit with the scheme. Flow wise it was fine, just kind of made me think "couldn't you have rhymed it with surge, splurge or urge?". Next punch was good, maybe not quite as nice as the preceding but solid enough...I really liked the concept of the 1-2, was full of swagger. Just felt you were a little wordy & not as aggressive as you could've been in the eventual punch "shame" is a bit passive and contrasts with that aggressive attitude behind the first part of the punch. "further sin" in the setup also felt a bit like you tossed that in purely because it rhymed, lacked that same tenacity as you previously landed. "stripped like a strut in saunas" was nice simile and good follow up, that's signature Kiki style punch for me, liked the way you built this up with "fucking warned us"...the actual punch itself was witty, I dunno, feels a little tenuous to just randomly play off an open mic he wrote...I think it needs setting up a little more to make it land harder...conceptually it works though and its another real nice hit at him. You kept that momentum rolling through into the next setup line, really good smooth style that's a crowd pleaser. Again, punch itself was good but could've been harder "come from borders" is a little shoe horned in there for me, the concept for the punch is good and good link into the personal shot (I remember him backing Trump in that post-election thread), but the punch itself is a little flatter than it could've been. Next one was similar, good setup shot, punchline was a good diss, straight forward and to the point, rhyme comes across as a little shoe-horned...but it was more effective this time around, I felt. Closer was ok, felt like a bit of a stretch at a personal for me...Spume was always a guy I remember as someone who joked around when he first joined, the quote comes off a little tongue in cheek for me personally. Your punch is a bit statement-ish too, like you feed him? Big deal. I get the angle you're going for but I don't think you really landed it in the way you aiming for. This really is the only punch in the verse I think is questionable. But it wasn't a total flop as you had the whole smooth flow and architecture around it. 

Overall I found this to be a very consistent and high quality verse. You managed to get a lot of hits in here as well as a number of the "added extras" that I look for. My criticisms are relatively minor in the overall picture of things & I felt like you did a really great job in the fundamentals here. The one thing I feel you're lacking is an absolute KO blow, there's no real punch in here that makes me go "OHHHHHHHH", if you had pulled that off in the closer I think you would have been pretty unbeatable in this particular battle. As it is I still think Spume is going to have a very tough job on his hands. 

Mr. Spume

Opener was absolutely quality, real great combination of personal info, diss, and humour in the punchline. I'm sure RKB will love that one. Your approach does contrast with Keeks a bit in that you're direct and to the point, you definitely aren't as polished as him in terms of the fundamentals of flow but I didn't think it read particularly choppy or anything like that. Sure that will continue throughout the verse. Fucking hell that next punch is savage!! Loved the continuation of the theme and real harsh disses on him. The forced multi diss is great as obviously that's something I criticised in his verse. I thought the metaphor there was superb. Next one was pretty good punch as well, the "ass" wordplay is pretty basic in and of itself but really feels like you're on the attack here, just hitting him again and again and totally tenuous. Just little things like "call the bitch" just puts that extra bit of venom in there for me, which I really like to see. The punchline itself I liked, the "behind" play is straight forward again but overall as a punchline it just seems to work for me. Not as strong as the previous two, because it didn't have that same personal sting. Next one is pretty good as well...kind of similar to Keeks in a few of them, the ultimate punch could've been worded a little better to make it land harder but I understood what you're getting at in terms of a diss. For me I feel like it would've been harder to just come out and say it direct. The Goose/fly shit again was straight forward but I liked it and it's a really nice setup type hit. Next one was ok, I really liked the setup line again but the punchline could've been harder...I kind of liked the play of "made the Inc run out" and it ties well into the play/diss of blanking as a writer, but I dunno, just feels like you could've optimised it to make it really hit him hard. Next one was pretty brutal, first part of the filler line was a bit superfluous but I thought the "bringing him down and killing him properly" was a perfect setup to your next punchline...and I loved the "line ups" spin to "crashing back down to earth" to punch, that shit was piff. Next one was impressive as well, I thought the wordplay in this one was great...temple & dome was inspired (no pun intended), then "off point" was clever, "less spires...plain old roofied" was dope. Your rhyme of stupid/roofied was tenuous, you can kind of slant the last bit to get to it, so I let you off, you also have the rest of the multi to compensate so it's not too bad. Closer was sick...my instinct was to go "is Spire-a-L" really going to work, but when I say it out loud it convinced me. For me this was a real top tier closer...had great attitude in there, your metaphor in the setup was legit as you really did let off a fuck load of shots at him & then the personal play to close was dope. 

Overall this was a highly impressive retort, you didn't have the same frills as Keeks but you brought a whole load of tenacity, plenty of shots and although you didn't have the same consistency as Keeks it definitely felt like you had the most memorable punches in the battle. That said your low points were definitely lower, part of that comes from Keeks sophisticated approach but I think you are a very direct type battler so when you don't fully land then you aren't going to have that architecture to fall back on.

Summary

Not sure if it's because my expectations were lower than they should have been, or because you aren't really what I'd call "top tier" battlers, but I was definitely surprised by the quality of the battle. This is definitely one of the best title matches I've read in a long time. It's a really tough one to vote on personally as more often than not I find myself deciding a battle like this based on who threw it away less & I think you both did yourselves proud. Re-reading this I think it's super close. Kiki has 7 real solid hits & a really smooth and effortless rhyme scheme. Spume is like half-and-half, I think 4 punches are great, 2 are good but slightly under the general standard of Keek's and then 2 are ok. Keek's has better multis and flow, but I think Spume has better use of wordplay & personals, plus greater aggression. 

Fuck it, I'm going to go for Spume here...I think when it's this close you have to go with the guy who hit the overall highest notes and for me Spume was the one who did that.

Really great battle guys. 
Concrete View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 33-6-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Concrete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2016 at 10:42am

Aight, title match in the house motherfuckas, let's break it down then...

kiki:

I'd cred you for being old school - But the only boundaries you pushed were deadlines, 
Nice start here, flowed tight and punch was solid. 4\5.

LI was my fam.. But with quick ease i'll go Chris Reeves and make SC a dead spine, 

Aight, I get your point, it's a neat crew concept and all, but I feel this could have been 
layed out in a more cunning style. 3\5.

Punch power picks up again here, I thin i've seen a similar play on the
"leave em hanging" say before, still a decent effort. 3.5 \5. 

I take his belts like '1-2..' - Shame that i'll never get to take a third from him,

Aight, it's a funny little jab here you got here, but are title matches for jabs?
3\5.

Now we're talking bars, this was a clever play, nuff said. 4.5 \5. 

Funny enough I guess, but basically a mere statement ish bar.
Save those for cyphers man, this is freaking title match. 
2.5 \5 

Agressive vibez here, yet nothing more than a another crude statement.
Don't waste your space on those. 2.5 \5.

Cos I remember before leader Spu, feeding a newb when no one would speak to you..

Ok personal at the end here saves the overall impression, not outstanding but stingy in this context. 
3.5 \5.

Total score: 27.

Overall above good verse, you landed some clean hits but 
some of the simpler bars took away that fresh  edge you had going. 

Spume:

So if I say failed actor relying on his mummy, I’m not talking the end of Brendan Frazer

Okey dokey, a decent concept, but I think this could have been flipped into a more effective
opening bar. 3\5.

Spent you fucking waster, near 30 with ya parents, should’a been strangled at birth fool
Then I wouldn’t have to see a bitch force more multis on a community than Angela Merkel

LOL, funniest bar so far! I dug this shit here 4.5 \5.

Shits boring unnatural, so ya fake up front ridiculous ass should be jacking in rhymes
After this one, ya’ll can call the bitch Kiki Minaj, cos he’s mainly seen dragging “behind”

And damn, yet another comic play well executed., 4\5.

Like what’s happened in Kind, Goose flew, on seeing you will never be about the fly shit
I’d outclass ya crew with its own “End” but shit’s already happened there twice bitch

Nah, aint feeling this tbh. I see the point but it's not my cup of tea, just felt mediocre. 
2.5\5.

Fucking embarrassment to my crew, your whole style left us on the brink of drought

Another average joe bar, decent setup but I seen several "Inc" plays regarding the crew here before. 
3\5.

He’ll always be shit on sight, so no doubt I’m bringing him down an killing him properly
I’ll leave the best line ups of Kiks crashing back to earth like that Brazilian soccer teams

Aight I guess, it has an aggro death vibe to it but the flip is nothing special, 
3 \5.

I’ll knock him off point and put him to sleep, so He’s less Spires, more plain old roofied

Hmmm, not sure what to think here man, decent concept with a messy flip.
2.5\5.

That’s all the truth bitch, you got so many shots it’s like my trigger went viral

Like Kiki, nice personal ender to save the last impression.. 
4\5.

Overall score: 27.  TIE!

I think you had some crazy good concepts here Spume.
Some really funny ones aswell. 
Personally I think you use more words than necessaryto get the point through.

As for the verdict:
Punchwize both had some wonderful hits and unnecessary fillers towards the end. 
Pretty much even when it comes to damage being delt.
So this one has to come to style points..
Both could have trimmed your verses, saying more with less words is 
a skill I truly comply with.
When employing longer lines they should be spiced with rhymes along the way, 
to help engage the reader. 
Here Kiki did the best effort, his verse was generally easier on the eyes.
Given this is text format being able to hook the reader is a crucial component.

With regard to this I will give my vote to Kiki, he was slightly best overall.
Tho this a very close match indeed.

Let's get some mo' votes in here to settle the drama.

S Dubb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: Alter Egos

Stats: 2-7-1
Form: LLLLNL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote S Dubb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2016 at 4:34pm

This vote has been disallowed by a moderator.

Opener- Spume
Closer- Spume
Punches- Kiki
Personals- Kiki
Multies- Spume
Flow- Spume
Wordplay- Spume
Enjoyment- Kiki
Creativity- Spume
Consistency- Spume

Kiki-  I liked the verse....  You came with more solid personals wich landed with a bit harder punches....  You just didn't stay too consisent...... You would come solid then lack off and you done that through your whole verse..... Your flow was lacking in areas..... When you were hitting you was hitting pretty hard though, others were just soft jabs.....

Spume- I liked the closer it was your best bar, probably my favorite in the battle.....  You came more consistent in your verse and it got you the victory in my opinion...... The multies you used were nice and resulted for a better flow...... you were creative with your lines and i enjoyed your choice in punchlines.... good verse and you stayed consistent throughout wich in my opinion got you the victory......

Vote- Spume
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2016 at 5:33pm

First off props for making to this stage guys,as I'm writing this intro before I begin
to read and vote these verses,and g/l..

KiKi.

(solid opener here,the wordplay in both lines in this bar were good relevant and
directed really well,the punch/personal had a stinging vibe to them too,a complete
bar aswell,most of the elements you find in a whole,verse were present here,the
wording and placements down to tempo..good start.)

(liked the tie in wordplay here with the C/Reeves and dead spine crew attack,but I
found the wording awkward,made it seemed like the C/Reeves part was just thrown
in,with the "i'll go" part,marred this bar for me,I know the meaning behind the I'll go,
just it didn't work well here,and to some extent spoiled the punch,the set up was good
though,again so was flow.)

(I liked the humour in this bar,the punch/personal both did their job too on landing and
direction,the set up however was somewhat forced,and the wordplay on the compar-
ison words (hanging/waited) felt flat and basic,still it was worded well enough though,
so the tempo is still in tune with previous bars here..)

(yeah this was nice and direct,no fussing just straight punch/personal here,I liked the
tie ins aswell,creative using the numbers from the punch league and times you beaten
him and took belts,the set up here was good also,gave a nice angle to the bar I thought,good shot..)

(yeah good shot,the simile in the first lines was good too,coupled with the flip on his
OM,but this bar had some aggression behind it also and i like to read that in a battles,
it also had some wit or should i type sarcasm attached too, which lifted this bar higher..)

(REACH,yeah I get the angle and the play they were fine,but the punch itself was a
stretched arm affair here,as to the personal i didn't feel it was going at him really.)

(liked the maths here,and yeah it was a punch of some sorts also,but in comparison
to the previous bars^^,this seems to be on the light side,still it all counts towards the
tally up..)

Cos I remember before leader Spu, feeding a newb when no one would speak to you.

(closing bar for me was on the weak side,yeah I get the personal but that's about all,
I expected more from you to be honest,this did have that flow still running though,so
that was a plus..)

Spume..

Now stay down bitch

(good opening bar,like Kiki's this was well delivered also,a nice personal on the acting
front,it also tied in well with the wordplay and Brendon Frazier,a strong shot there,the set up down to wording was all good and in check,in fact this was a good angle the
whole vibe from this bar was mocking,which adds weight to a punch..)

(mmm another solid shot with the punch/personal,i liked this bar and the humour was ripe made me smirk for real,plus i thought it was creative on the whole,and the fool part talk about clowning someone..lol.it tickled me,a complete bar that was witty and ripe..)

(I'm really liking this controlled aggression I'm getting from you,this bar is pretty much
in the same vein as the last one,again with humour entowed,the punch again had been
elevated by the wit and landed hard,start as you mean to go along eh..)

(nice attack on the crew front their,and a clever bit of wording to include a fellow crew member without being to disrespectful to that person,but jabbing at Kiki with the angle of him naming the crew,and being the leader,plus the concept of flight here was a nice inclusion aswell..)

(real good wordplay here,and a stinging punch with a personal to go with it,yeah i'm feeling this,(I'll say now,I like how your keeping these's bar at a constant with plays and
all),you made an image of a leper come to my mind on reading this,like he is a bad penny..)

(the play was good with the crash angle,not as strong as your previous bars though but
it still has merit here,I wasn't really feeling this to be honest,sort of an anti climax on
the whole really..)

(this bar was quite stealthy and subtle with the wordplay here,(a spire being pointy and sharp,which your implying he's not,and a roof is more flat which implies your punches
are knocking him out),clever I liked it, you seem to be getting back on track after
the last bar..)

(good closing bar,a continuation of the last bar I thought,it seemed to carry on with
that theme too,also I liked the separation and the stressing of the spiral,nice touch
that,plus it was a nice punch and name flip good bar..)

Overall a highly entertaining tussle,and a worthy one considering what's at stake here,
so no bullshit when I say well done to both,but there has to be a winner right,and for
me that was SC,here's why,I believe he was more constant and aggressive with he's verse,plus coupled with the humour factor just sealed it for me,but it was close
really,respect Kiki you did good on the whole..

Vote..Spume..peace guys.

"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Trizzy Tre View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 30-7-1
Form: WLWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2016 at 11:14pm

Let's go...Dope title match.....

Kiki

Ok...2/5

2.5/5 ... Ok play

Lol this was funny, ..Getting it going 3/5

Cool play, set up was OK... 2.5/5

Nice punch here! Best one yet, strong play ..4/5

Didn't think it hit here, basic play ..1.5/5

2/5

Decent ender, could have been a stronger closer...2.5/5

Total - 20

Spume

Now stay down bitch

Oh fuck..., Hard opener. 4/5

Lol this bar was tough also. Dope personal concept flipped into a punch. Killer angel...4/5

2.5/5 ... Ok

Ok play, thought punch was going to come harder with the concept you were going for... 3/5

2.5/5

Decent punch, 2.5/5

Cool set up and punch, original name flip IMO... 3/5

2.5/5

Total - 24

Honestly, this was a solid title match. Both did their thing...Kiki had a nice verse and kept consistent with good punches, but no real highlights bars.. but Spume had the top few bars of the battle. His opener was killer, basically IMO to haymakers that landed. Then he kept with solid personals...And he didn't just state the personal he flipped it in a dope way to create a solid punchline.

MVGT - Spume

The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2016 at 4:04pm

Kiki - Solid, consistent battle verse. Your top bars were the opening two. There were a few bars that could have either been worded differently or turned the concept into something that would make for a stronger punch. The final three bars are examples of that. All have good concepts to use in a battle but the 'damn that was nasty punch' thought process never arrises from them because of the approach you chose to use with the concepts. So overall: the plus - opening to bars, consistent the whole verse, flowed pretty well and written smooth for the reader. The negative - No real heavy hitter

Spume - Another pretty consistent verse as well. I thought the twist on the opener was nice, only thing that makes it take a hit for me is the fact that the actor personal has been used on him way too many times. I think I have even hit him with that personal 2 or 3 times between battles and maybe a rampage. 2nd bar was best of the battle imo. Worded well, loved the concept. From there on out everything was pretty consistent, but nothing really had any wow factor for me. Your flow and wording were not as good as kiki by any means. Overall: The plus - Won the tug of war in the 'strength of the punches'. The negative - lacked some fundamental writing and polishing, wording in a few bars did not help the punch, whereas he some of the top punches in the battle, he also landed some on the bottom end too. 

Overall: Definitely a very tough battle to vote on. Kiki was cleaner and his verse held more consistency on things that worked. Spume had a few of the stronger bars of the battle, which is an area that Kiki's verse did not excel in. It's basically two completely different styles done pretty well and it's tough to choose. I'm leaning towards Kiki cause I thought his verse was smooth to read and it just comes off more polished and complete to me. Whereas Spume had some of the better punches, he lacked in the technical areas and definitely didn't seem like he reread his verse to clean it up before he posted it. 

MVGT: Kiki - The consistency and clean writing got it for me. 

Go my Minions!

Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Crew: Elision

Stats: 41-7-5
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Exoduzt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 December 2016 at 1:28am

First off I just  want to say its fucking great 2 of my homies from here are batting for the title...

Kiki:  I liked your opener. I mean it hits more home to me cus I was LI forever...and still am to be honest lol.  So yeah I was feeling the opener.  I was also feeling your next bar.  I agree with the KI (key) plays I have mentioned that before.  But the second line with chris reeves and the SC that was pretty dope and a nice play on shit.  Your third bar I feel was great.  I mean the vets who have been here will get it.  I do.  You took a risk with that cus the new dudes won't get it.  But I do so plus one for that.  Your next bar was cool.  I like the play..flow wise it was legit and you made it personal.  Personals is what wins battles in my opinion. Your next bar was worded a bit different for my liking in the first line but you followed thru with that full circle cutting corners shit. The whole trump line that followed I felt was the weakest part of your verse.  I mean I'm not for trump so that don't matter but it was the wording and the punch just didn't land for me...  Alright...Your finishing 2 bars landed.  not gonna lie.  But the breathe thru tubes line could of been worded a lot better..like eat thru feeding tubes or some shit like that.  something to make the flow pop and to add a bit more umph in the punch.  especially you used *..it could have been an easy play.  Overall this was a dope diss verse to spume...there is no denying that.

Spume:  Your opening bar to me was pretty much fire...great wordplay mixed with a personal...That was pretty hard rite there.  Your next bar was cool.  I was feeling it.  the community merkel shit was a bit comical.  Your next bar was decent except for the long bar.  I'm a huge fan of long bar I use it myself but I just feel this one dragged out a bit and the bar lost its punch a bit.  The concept was ok but yeah this didn't really land for me like your previous bars...Your next bar now that more my style.  You had a ruggedness in your face style to it.  I was really liking that one.  Your concept on the next bar was where it should have been.  I just was not a fan of how you worded it to be honest.  This could have been a lot harder of a punch.  holy shit at your next bar...too soon?  Hell no its never too soon.  See that's the shit I like for in bars..pushing the limit.  you did that here.  Your closing 2 bars were legit.  I mean its not as hard as your previous bar but I did enjoy them...

Overall:  you know you both are my homies but I have to edge this one to spume...I just felt he had a bit more of an aggression in your face type of thing.  a bar or 2 was a bit harder...this was a tough one to judge but MVGT Spume...dope fucking battle homies!!!  mad respect to both of you

Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2016 at 12:34am
This battle will be closed on midnight 8th January as per site battle rules if we don't get the vote(s) to close it before then. That's 4 weeks after it was opened for votes.
Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 95-24-5
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2016 at 8:20pm

*LI - The Spine of LA. 
*Took his belt in 1-2

deadlines concepts are played. wasnt feeling any connection here
the Filler rhyme in here really is pointless. so just get to the point. the concept was nice cool. seen chris reeves spine bars but this ties in with the crews description. nice personal
nah this was a miss for me. basic punch nothing witty here
this was cool. deff fucks with this. 
Nice personal here. this was cool
nah..this was weak man. smh i get what your shooting for but this was not good tbh
this was aight...nothing wowing really. just basic
this wasnt good tbh ki...just your multi style that had nothing creative/punch worthy with connection.

vs

Now stay down bitch
set up line was a bit wordy...Mummy/BF bars are played so this was a miss
this was fire. i fuck with tho
this was decent... nothing wowing here
Dope
this was fire. lol
meh...wasnt feeling this. too wordy
this was aight...again another wordy bar wasnt a fan how you executed this
I liked the idea of this....but this is light for me. Spir a L is a reach cos its Spy rel. 

Overall...this was a decent battle...could have been waaaay better for a champ match. I got SPUME taking this easy with the more quotable bars. He had a few misses were KIKI had more than him. Spume had the more aggressive battle verse with creative personals and better wordplay. KIKI had the flow and multi's with a few decent punches but i feel he was just out matched here

V/Spume
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 December 2016 at 9:12pm
Spume Corrupt wins 5-2 and is the NEW LA TEXT CHAMPION!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic