Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [1-2] Crimson Juice vs Concrete [wk15]
    Posted: 06 December 2016 at 3:18am
due Fridday
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 7:22am
like Concrete,Con's brain is Mixed Up And Set Permanently on losing glamour,
giving away title belts,i'll Break He's Mind Set Up like my alias is Jack-Hammer,
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Concrete View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 33-6-0
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Concrete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 11:00am
they put him on the Street Team.. cos he sucks dick until it hurts his knees
I would pull the trigger out of mercy.. but this Juice ain't worth the squeeze
X-centrik View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 13-9-0
Form: LWWLWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote X-centrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 4:11pm

This vote has been accepted by a moderator.

Crimson - The set up line is pretty nice ...leaves u expecting something good out of the punch ..but the next line ..which is supposed to be the impactful one has a weak concept and is poorly worded.

Concrete - A different approach ...the set up makes it sound like a sex related punch ...but it turns into a pretty clever gun bar real quick . Good shit .

Mvgt - concrete
Kiki Spirez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 68-26-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kiki Spirez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2016 at 11:56pm

Good battle.

Crim- liked the concept, but it was worded a bit awkward. Seemed a Mix of good ideas and the need to fit Multis, and some comprimised the power of others. Think the bar couldve been more focused. But thats me being harshness, it was a nice bar.

Con- simple and direct, with a very smooth name play. My criticism would be that it couldve been more complex. But on the other hand, i guess it was your lack of wordiness that let you avoid the comprimises that Crim got caught up in.

Mvgt Con for the better worded bar.
SiQ View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SiQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2016 at 1:06am

Ju- wasnt feelin ur bar at all bro im srry

Con- played concept/nameplay but enough 2 win bro

V- con
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2016 at 2:28am

cj, I like the concept your were going with but I didn't care for its execution. didn't feel like a ahrd punch just some decent lines for an om.

con, I liked your bar a lot. the concept was dope and it was executed very nicely.

mvgt concrete
Ridley Squat View Drop Down
Street Team
Street Team

Stats: 9-6-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ridley Squat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2016 at 7:01pm
CJ:
Pros: What I liked about this was you avoided the whole played out area of con prefixes, and went instead for the word concrete itself. Still played out, but whatcha gonna do. I thought the concept was nicely executed with the various elements: Concrete + Mixed Up + Set Permanently + Break ... Up + Jackhammer. Good shit. But speaking of Cons.
Cons: Again ... cos of the syllable stress, you needed to rhyme Jackhammer, not just hammer, cos that makes it scan wierd. Could be reworked around 'lack glamour' or preferably something else as I wasn't a fan of that word choice.
Also, here's where I out myself as a Grammar Nazi ... you put "he's" instead of "his" ... not the first time I've seen that and it really does negatively impact the overall read for me. True story.

Con:
First off gotta address this anti-Street-Team racism, you don't know bout that life, rating posts and whatnot ... besides they supply knee-pads so shows what you know bitch!
But OK, I guess that's a personal, plus the nameflip in the punch was crisp enough to raise it above standard and played, to decent but not your best.

So for the reasons I have eloquently stated ...
MFVGT Concrete
... bitch.
Goryo. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 4-4-0
Form: LWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Goryo. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2016 at 11:32am
CJ: Like others mentioned I liked the tie ins and it was a really creative punch. I wasn't a fan of the 'losing glamour' it seemed like it was randomly thrown in there to make a rhyme. I know it sort of fits with him losing titles but it was weird alongside all the concrete references lol. Still though an original take on the 'concrete' plays so I can't complain about that. The final execution could've been a bit harder but I also saw how it fit.

Con: This is one of your best bars I think. A lot of good elements like how you pity him for being a 'whore' and then the play on his name. It all fit together nicely and it was clear with no confusing parts. Can't complain.

Good battle guys.

Vote - Concrete
S Dubb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: Alter Egos

Stats: 2-7-1
Form: LLLLNL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote S Dubb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2016 at 4:30pm
This was a pretty poor battle.... i dont think either of you came as solid as you could have, but let me brake this down a little....

Crimson- Your set up was good, but i dont know if it was how you worded it or what but the punch missed completely.... this was a poor bar homie.... you were trying to force multies and looked like you focused more on that then producing a decent punchline.... i have seen better from you and maybe that is why i expected more from you, but i didn't enjoy this bar at all, better luck next week......

concrete- This bar wasn't nothing spectacular but was enough to pull off the victory..... the nameplay wss basic, played, but was an attempt and a punch.... it may not have hit hard but it was a punch never the less....   ext week just try to be more creative...

Vote-   Concrete
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic