Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AxyRocker vs Spume Corrupt - Playoff R1
    Posted: 05 January 2017 at 10:37pm
Due Sunday gents
#bananas
spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2017 at 10:58pm
Axy who?
Look
You are so far behind on bars, I'm on a different planet kid
Think "Life on Mars" or a Rocker's last words like that Sammy Sig

AxyRocker View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 23-40-1
Form: LLLLWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AxyRocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 2:01am
Champ huh?
See LA already witnessed Slip & Dubb beat his ass in rotation
Now see me remove 'spume' off the 'top' like 'froth floatation'
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2017 at 10:45pm

This vote has been accepted by a moderator.

Good tussle here guys..

Spume this was a nice bar here,the set up wasn't really related to the punch but it
was in rhyme,but the punch/wordplay shit even the personal was good,a nice strong
shot there,it was direct and to be honest quite creative too,the concept was delivered
really well on the whole,coupling D/Bowe and his track "Life On Mars" had a fresh feel,
which in turned tied in the rocker aspect on the name flip,where in the opening line you
just randomly throw in Axy,anyways nice bar..

Axy loved how you played the personal angle here,plus the creative concept with the
foam was real good in the second line also,and the punch coupled with the wordplay was ripe,the tempo/directness was thought out well i believe,you really wanted this
eh,plus your first line even had a personal within which just added more to the punch
overall,good work there..

Overall good bars from both here,but there is a winner here for me and that's the guy
who came with more of an offering,and that was Axy,he had 2 fair to good personals
with in his bar,plus a good punch via a name flip,and it was better aimed in my opinion,
props to Spume though,I think you just took Axy to lightly here really..

Vote...Axy..peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Kiki Spirez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 68-26-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kiki Spirez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2017 at 12:03am

Spume, liked the play, was creative and original, but wasn't incredibly hard hitting. It didnt dent him much, was more of an example of how good of a whiter you are. Ax on the other hand had a less original play, but the delivery and aggression pulled it through to show he was really going for his opponent.

Mvgt Ax, but it was close.
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2017 at 2:23am

Spume, ''twas a nice bar, I liked the rhyming and flow. The rhyming was really nice, really helped the bar move along swiftly. I enjoyed your punch as well, not a haymaker but still a hard lunch in my eyes. Nice job

Axy , the set up connected to the punch but not the theme, only down part. In regards to the punchline, itwas great. I loved it, super original. It's both a nice personal and up with recent events. Solid solid job

Both of you really brought it, but Axy came with the surprise and killed this shit. Mvgt AXY
S Dubb View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: Alter Egos

Stats: 2-7-1
Form: LLLLNL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote S Dubb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2017 at 5:33am

Spume:
This was a good bar, but it wasn't one of your better bars.....  Your set up didn't match your delivery at all..... The flow was good..... I do like the metaphore you used and refferring to Sammy's sig, that was pretty creative homie...... I just feel your punch could have landed harder, this was more of a jab to me...........

Axy:
Impressive bar homie...... This was most definately one of the best bars I've ever read from you...... I like the personal referring to the open mic diss me and Slip posted and the metaphore in the second line was dope...... The flow was good..... Very creative bar that made a nice imact...... Solid punch, great showing this round homie.....

Vote- Axy
Reason- He came very impressive this week..... He dropped one of the most solid punches I've read frrom him...... He simply wanted this battle more and wrote the more solid punchline here....... great battle here..... definately my favorite of the first round battles..... good punches both of you.......
Topical Twist League= 1-0
1-2 Punch League= 0-3
Regular Text= 0-1
Alias= 0-1
Topical= 1-0
Horrorcore= 1-0

Overall= 3-5
Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 95-24-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2017 at 3:02pm

So... spike your bar was worded a bit off in thenpunch for me... but tbh I enjoyed this fresh concept I had to think about it as I'm not a huge Bowie fan... this was a nice play on sammys sig and the rocker(Bowie) name play... axy's punch read smooth. Was well worded but tbh I've seen off the top froth concepts done 1737371928 times. It was a good read but I gotta go
With the more fresh current concept in this one

V/spume
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
Goryo. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 4-4-0
Form: LWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Goryo. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2017 at 3:13pm

Spume: Started off good comparing yourselves and putting him down but I feel like you didn't capitalise on that. I get the punch in the 2nd line but it was almost like filler. Just repeated what you said in the first bar in a different way with a Bowie reference.

Axy: Again, good angle putting him down and dismissing his skill. Putting past losses in there helped beef up what you were saying. The punch itself was pretty predictable and simple, but it was clearer and more of a capitalisation than Spume's. It had the nameplay mixed with current events. Good showing man, best punch I've seen you write.

Credit where it's due. Vote - Axy
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2017 at 12:31am
oting closed Axy wins 5-1
#bananas
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic