Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Crew: Elision

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Exorcist pt.1 [KOTM]
    Posted: 28 January 2017 at 4:06am
impeccable, my brutha. 

CHAIN View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Reigning Open Mic King

Stats: 8-4-0
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CHAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2017 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by daydizzle89 daydizzle89 wrote:

This is how i feel when i read some of your shit. The fact you kept your scheme throughout the whole piece is in itself impressive. The story/content here was nice and filled with imagery. As soon as i read the first bar i was hoping for the scheme to include "Depeche Mode". You fulfilled my hopes. I liked that bar because i just fucking do. I really dont think anyone here should ever feed you based on your mechanics. You have it locked down to a fucking science. Not many can if any could compare to this type of writing skills. The assonance is superb and all the rest of your shit.

So for the story itself. I liked how you chronologically wrote this. You started with future to its prequel. Dope shit. Story itself was rather short but sweet. Nice imagery and teh fact you have TBC is nice. Hoping to see Numero Dos.

Thank you, though.

Appreciate the feedback ppl. Thank you for taking your time to bless this. Y'all the real MVP's.
+Sick-Witted+
rhetorical View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Stats: 2-1-0
Form: WWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2017 at 12:54am
Chain my man, this is dope brother. love the exorcist route, and the crazy descriptions . . 

Quote Of energy come down like the Walls of Jericho //Saw a dead roach crawling outta piece of bread loaf...
Next to a burgundy stilleto, on a headstone...

i love imagery that i can grasp on to and use to create what the world looks around the character. flow smooth. . . as writers our talent lies in the execution and this was nothing short of impressive. . puts me in the mood to go watch the excorcist now lol . . ill definitely be looking for volume 2 
iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 11-5-1
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2017 at 1:12pm
...i hate you... I don't even know what to say anymore.
Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Stats: 41-7-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Exoduzt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2017 at 3:30am
CHAIN my brotha from a different colored motha!  I always look forward when I see you dropped something.  I know it will be on a different level than most the other drops I read.  

"Hexed, her soul's deep in debt with a red glow...
beaming from her aura...and thus Jesus wept //
Czecho Slovakian masseuse with a retro...
style and Depeche Mode music keeps her wet //
Weeping on her bedclothes, she reeks of Prosecco
Sleeps with her dress on, freak manifesto //
Creeps with her step bro on her BFF's phone...
texting XO to lesbos and demon-esque hoes // "----Your style is just so unique but its also so far beyond the levels of the shit that gets dropped on here.    I mean you take your OM's to this other world that your the only one who inhabits it.  The flow the structure the way you word things is just so professional its almost unreal.  the prosecco bbf's phone?  haha damn homie.

"EMS people left the room once they seen death...
Staring back at them in her fetal echo //
Priests said her heart beat made a strange sound...
That only seemed to take down autistic deaf folks //----whoa...CHAIN stepping out of his bubble..I like it.

"S.O.S to Rome, the telegram was kept low
The letter reached The Vatican, between the hedgerows...
The matter was addressed over tea and Espresso
Exorcists in fresh robes rolled out to Fresno..."---SMH...I mean damn dude.  The way you kept this story intact with that wording!!!  I'm fucking jealous.  This was so fucking dope!.  espresso fresh robe fresno???  dude stop it right now.

"Set foot in their home but stopped on the threshold //
Paused for a sec and he felt a heavy load...
Of energy come down like the Walls of Jericho //
Saw a dead roach crawling outta piece of bread loaf...
In his mind like a premonition, it is wicked 
This little girl's twisted like young Regan's neck bones // "----fucking aye...I don't even know what to say.  The scheme the rhymes the way you kept it to the story....yeah...I got nothing..

cheers CHAIN

daydizzle89 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LWWLLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daydizzle89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2017 at 8:35pm

This is how i feel when i read some of your shit. The fact you kept your scheme throughout the whole piece is in itself impressive. The story/content here was nice and filled with imagery. As soon as i read the first bar i was hoping for the scheme to include "Depeche Mode". You fulfilled my hopes. I liked that bar because i just fucking do. I really dont think anyone here should ever feed you based on your mechanics. You have it locked down to a fucking science. Not many can if any could compare to this type of writing skills. The assonance is superb and all the rest of your shit.

So for the story itself. I liked how you chronologically wrote this. You started with future to its prequel. Dope shit. Story itself was rather short but sweet. Nice imagery and teh fact you have TBC is nice. Hoping to see Numero Dos.

alicewonder View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 2-1-2
Form: WWLNN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote alicewonder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2017 at 9:25pm
This was very unique on so many different levels. I loved the schemes you employed here. Very unorthodox and thoroughly consistent yet with a certain degree of variety to it, which I appreciate. It seems so effortless. I also loved the way you incorporated elements of humour in this, like that Depeche Mode line. The 'pet crow' bar was a highlight on its own, imo. You had various relevant references throughout, which were placed perfectly within the content you displayed. 'Baphomet's oath' is one of those references. The references are also very original at the same time, I like the 'dead roach/bread loaf' originality here as well as how you incorporated a Reagan reference effortlessly into the mix. I'm looking forward to the continuation. This is the second entry for the KOTM I've read tonight, and this is, just like the other, nothing short of amazing. 
CHAIN View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Reigning Open Mic King

Stats: 8-4-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CHAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2017 at 6:23pm

[Fresno, CA - September 2018]

Hexed, her soul's deep in debt with a red glow...
beaming from her aura...and thus Jesus wept //
Czecho Slovakian masseuse with a retro...
style and Depeche Mode music keeps her wet //
Weeping on her bedclothes, she reeks of Prosecco
Sleeps with her dress on, freak manifesto //
Creeps with her step bro on her BFF's phone...
texting XO to lesbos and demon-esque hoes //
Deity from Heck, she is Legion in the flesh
Evil, she's possesed and it seems like her ex knows //
"No!...episodes of PMS don't affect lobes...
of the brain to the point it makes you keep a pet crow" //

Yo...

[Fresno, CA - June 1981]

EMS people left the room once they seen death...
Staring back at them in her fetal echo //
Priests said her heart beat made a strange sound...
That only seemed to take down autistic deaf folks //

Stress...

S.O.S to Rome, the telegram was kept low
The letter reached The Vatican, between the hedgerows...
The matter was addressed over tea and Espresso
Exorcists in fresh robes rolled out to Fresno...
To bless the whole west coast of the U.S...
from the second she was born to rebuke her Gepetto //
Rosemary's baby the Christians had to let go
Word is that her mom prolly took Baphomet's oath //
Pastor Ernesto, potentially the next Pope...
Set foot in their home but stopped on the threshold //
Paused for a sec and he felt a heavy load...
Of energy come down like the Walls of Jericho //
Saw a dead roach crawling outta piece of bread loaf...
In his mind like a premonition, it is wicked
This little girl's twisted like young Regan's neck bones //

To be continued...

+Sick-Witted+
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic