Author
AxyRocker View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 23-40-1
Form: LLLLWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AxyRocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Future of Crews: Consultation
    Posted: 20 March 2017 at 9:36am
What if you award points to crews based on their members getting different positions in tourneys and other stuff
For eg 
10 points for winning a tourney
8 for runner up
5 for semi-finalists

It may not even be limited to tourneys only and points maybe awarded to voter of the month ,
KOTM etc
Also top feeder of the month should be elected with points for top feeder aswell

Now based on this a crew rankings should be started and once in a quarter/half year/annum top crew award shall be given

There's a lot of scope for this, 
1.One crew may loan a member to other crew for certain amount of crew points and in return all the points that the loaned crew member gets in that loan period shall be awarded to his current crew
2.Crews may bet their member based on battles or tourneys or any other criteria
To make it fair the crew that has been challenged may decide the type of battle and all its rules including time limit
3.An alliance page for crews who would like to work together as an alliance

Oh well ! am running out of time so thats all for now

Trizzy Tre View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 30-7-1
Form: WLWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 11:23pm
Yo Cuba, you should probably see what's up with Lions Den.

Oh... Wait.....

Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 10:11pm
Nomedic, can you get in touch with me to discuss the future of Hunger Games?
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 10:06pm
I have just deleted Aces Click as part of these changes...over the coming weeks I will be consulting with crew leaders and will announce when a final decision has been made.
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2017 at 7:16pm
Dizz, I will get back at you this week regarding the rest.

My current view is we're going to move ahead with this as it seems generally people are on board, even if there are some concerns about exactly how we do it.

In terms of those currently inactive crew, I will make a post with my plans and give people a chance to "save" them before we move to the new position.
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2017 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by daydizzle89 daydizzle89 wrote:

I think we need to make crews more active on a collective basis. We need solutions on encouraging crew responses, activity and such. Now most will go right to the "lets do a crew tournament". To me that isnt the answer. That will only have a temporary effect. That isnt what the crews need. Crews need to be more influential. Right now i feel like the "crews" is more of a gimmick. There has to be an avenue for Crews to gain incentives.

Boosting Crews and their activities.

1. Crew Drops Monthly - Every month (just like OMOTM) Crews have a collab with at least two of its members and we create a subsection for this in the OM section. Just an idea

2. Crew leaders have to check-in on LA weekly. This makes sure that the crew doesnt die off and people go awol. Just a thought

3. Magazine Articles on Crews and its members - These articles will be written and posted on the crews profile page.  I can start writing some Articles on different crews and before i post it up. i can make sure that the crew leader agrees with the article.

4. Fuck Yall page - Sorry but im adding this because its hard to start a good beef when everything is just verse vs verse. Fuck Yall gave more material and content to write on. Its just the truth. It brought out the worst in people and that was nice to see. Crews and people always had a channel to negatively express their nonsense. Much activity in (battles and Disses) came from the Fuck yall page.

5. Crew of the Year award - Giving to the crew with the most activity and helping the community as a whole.

6. Crew tournaments in the future done annually - This is only when we see the crews have been more prominent and active.

Just some ideas. Not saying they are perfect or that they will work but i feel that crews on LA have gone to shit because material isnt manifesting. Crews and the leaders need incentives. Just a thought. 

The first point you make it valid...for me it's about getting into the habit of doing things that are in the long term interests of the site.

Gotta run again ffs. To be continued.
Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Crew: Elision

Stats: 41-7-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Exoduzt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2017 at 1:26am
Yeah Cubes I'm down for a discussion...I just want the best for my crew and the site as well.  so lets set something up

Slip View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Alter Egos

Stats: 14-33-0
Form: LLLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Slip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2017 at 1:00am
i think its a dope idea cuba, and dizz has some good ideas to the only one i would disagree with is the checking in every week because theres times when im not active for a couple weeks out of time
but its good that your finally doing something with the crew section i know its bin in the works for a while
its good to see something happening with it, only suggestion i can add is it would be cool if the crew leaders had the power to delete threads  in there own crew forums  just to clean things up if the need be
See no evil speak no evil silent echo alter ego
inner demon violent beast so
warn the mother fucking people
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 10:36am
Dizz, I've run out of time but I'll get back at you later
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Lord Puente Lord Puente wrote:

what if someone who has been around made a dope la mag release to honor those crews and memebers and that diff time in general, and then just wipe clean all crews. maybe this sounds crazy but what if everyone just started fresh. I mean... everyone would have the ability to just make their same crew name and recruit same ppl. but do this and then change the requirments to create a crew, and enforce them, such as when there is not enough activie members. when someone has been inactive for 6 or more months they go back to free agent. ii think this would keep it clean and fresh.

give the leaders the powers you spoke about, and maybe change the names around of the hierarchy, like make crew leaders street team, make current street team into a diff name , lead team? iunno, then still have junior and senior mods. I mean do what ever you want with the names, but you get the concept. crew leaders will be United Nations)

I hear what you're saying about starting fresh. Two main reasons I'd be against this at the moment are:

1. Generally I prefer evolution to revolution. Let's build on our strengths to improve.

2. When I look at the current crew leadership in place in the active crews I see a group of people who have the right mix of ideas, energy, and who care about the site. I'd rather try and work with this existing group then ripping everything up. For instance, I see Elision, Empire and I'm like "why do I want to rip down these crews?" when they've done a lot for the site. Really I want to enable them and others to do more.

I get that other crews aren't in exactly the same place and I'm willing to work with the new powers we've got as Senior Mods to reassign leaders where we need to so the balance is right.
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Exoduzt Exoduzt wrote:

One thing that concerns me is that I feel the crew leaders should decide what the standards are within their own crew.  I feel there shouldn't be an outside source dictating what the standards should be.  Every crew is different.  I'm down with like maybe a monthly crew battle thing where certain members are selected from different crews to battle each other topical or heads up.  Then have like a crew standings so to speak.  

It's definitely not about dictating. One of my main motivations for the crew cap is a desire to drive crews to decide what's most important to them in their roster and build their crew around that identity. If you have 6 members max then you can't collect 3 of the best topical heads, 3 of the best battlers and 3 of the best audio heads.

Think of it more as a conversation...I'd want a crew leader to be able to say to me "yo Cuba let's do x tournament" then we make it happen and none of your crew enter or do any voting I'd be like "come on man, if you want us to do a tourney then you need to mobilise your guys to show up and vote". It's in both our interests as a staff & as crew leaders to have loads of things going on that attract and engage our members. The crews have the scale to drive the activity that can make a huge impact on the vibrancy of the site.

That's where I'm coming from. I want us to be able to have conversations like grownups but do it from a place where everyone wants the same thing. A buzzing site that is a fun place to spend time.
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2017 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Beans Beans wrote:

what was the downfall of the last crew tourney?

That's a good question & exactly the type of thing I'd want to discuss with crew leaders...if we understand why things work and why they don't then we are more likely to design things that are going to work in the future.
Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Crew: Elision

Stats: 41-7-5
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Exoduzt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2017 at 7:25pm
One thing that concerns me is that I feel the crew leaders should decide what the standards are within their own crew.  I feel there shouldn't be an outside source dictating what the standards should be.  Every crew is different.  I'm down with like maybe a monthly crew battle thing where certain members are selected from different crews to battle each other topical or heads up.  Then have like a crew standings so to speak.  

Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 95-24-5
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2017 at 7:25pm
what was the downfall of the last crew tourney?
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
daydizzle89 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LWWLLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote daydizzle89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 March 2017 at 7:01pm
I think we need to make crews more active on a collective basis. We need solutions on encouraging crew responses, activity and such. Now most will go right to the "lets do a crew tournament". To me that isnt the answer. That will only have a temporary effect. That isnt what the crews need. Crews need to be more influential. Right now i feel like the "crews" is more of a gimmick. There has to be an avenue for Crews to gain incentives.

Boosting Crews and their activities.

1. Crew Drops Monthly - Every month (just like OMOTM) Crews have a collab with at least two of its members and we create a subsection for this in the OM section. Just an idea

2. Crew leaders have to check-in on LA weekly. This makes sure that the crew doesnt die off and people go awol. Just a thought

3. Magazine Articles on Crews and its members - These articles will be written and posted on the crews profile page.  I can start writing some Articles on different crews and before i post it up. i can make sure that the crew leader agrees with the article.

4. Fuck Yall page - Sorry but im adding this because its hard to start a good beef when everything is just verse vs verse. Fuck Yall gave more material and content to write on. Its just the truth. It brought out the worst in people and that was nice to see. Crews and people always had a channel to negatively express their nonsense. Much activity in (battles and Disses) came from the Fuck yall page.

5. Crew of the Year award - Giving to the crew with the most activity and helping the community as a whole.

6. Crew tournaments in the future done annually - This is only when we see the crews have been more prominent and active.

Just some ideas. Not saying they are perfect or that they will work but i feel that crews on LA have gone to shit because material isnt manifesting. Crews and the leaders need incentives. Just a thought. 
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 11:33pm
what if someone who has been around made a dope la mag release to honor those crews and memebers and that diff time in general, and then just wipe clean all crews. maybe this sounds crazy but what if everyone just started fresh. I mean... everyone would have the ability to just make their same crew name and recruit same ppl. but do this and then change the requirments to create a crew, and enforce them, such as when there is not enough activie members. when someone has been inactive for 6 or more months they go back to free agent. ii think this would keep it clean and fresh.

give the leaders the powers you spoke about, and maybe change the names around of the hierarchy, like make crew leaders street team, make current street team into a diff name , lead team? iunno, then still have junior and senior mods. I mean do what ever you want with the names, but you get the concept. crew leaders will be United Nations)

Edited by Lord Puente - 06 March 2017 at 11:38pm
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2017 at 10:44pm
Thanks Ash...anymore opinions on this?
AshleyKaos View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Voter of The Month

Stats: 28-63-3
Form: LWLLNQ
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 March 2017 at 10:20am
I think that the ideas you guys are proposing have good reasoning behind them as to why you think they should be implemented on the sight and in my opinion would only have a positive impact. The only thing i suggest though is you should make the member cap per krew a bit more than 5 perhaps 7 would be better imo. All and All I think its a good idea and approve. 
NUMBER 1 FEMALE MC TILL THE DEATH OF ME
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2017 at 10:06pm
Check and thanks..
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2017 at 9:55pm
@Crim...you'd both have access to the Site Discussion Forum. I think it's sensible to have 2 leaders as 1 may not be active at any given time, plus that would also mean there was someone there to decide who the new coleader might be in the case one becomes inactive for a long period of time.

Obviously there will be some people within crews who are mods and/or on the Street Team, that's not a bad thing and really the two things should intertwine to an extent. Really my objective in the medium term would be that the way the staff system works is it complements the way the crew system works. Having someone on the staff is really good evidence your crew is making big contributions to the site. It shouldn't all be on the staff but that's one component of it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic