Audio Mic: here's an interlude from 'thejoyride'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
harrydirtface View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote harrydirtface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: here's an interlude from 'thejoyride'
    Posted: 23 April 2017 at 1:54pm
sup guys,

for the last year i've been working on a project called 'thejoyride', it started with a few tracks that had a similar feel so i put them together and decided to make it 8-10 tracks long. 

so far i have 4 tracks mastered, ready to go. so im going to be uploading them on my soundcloud over the next couple of months. 

the concept of the project is nothing deep. just a reflection of my life over the past 4-5 years. driving around with my friends, smoking, taking psychedelics and being hedonistic LOL

anyways, here's the first drop. let me know what u think.. 

https://soundcloud.com/harrydirtface/pink
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2017 at 2:30pm
If you go feed others, they will likely feed you back. We all hungry, we all gotta eat

In the meantime, I'll embed this for you

Kairo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kairo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2017 at 6:10pm
Yo the production on this is fire. I really like your lyrical style, way more straightforward, catchy, and relatable. More about songwriting rather than technical prowess and this is way more in touch with what I like about hip hop. Nice play on words, flow is pretty cool, and the vocal production/mix is great. 

The only thing I'd say is to further distinguished your hook with a couple more layers (even if it's subtle). The cadence change is dope and it's a nice hook, love the little melody, love that it repeats but maybe boost the ad libs a bit more or something! Great work, can't wait to hear your full project. Like LP said, share the wealth and don't just dip after posting a track.

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote harrydirtface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2017 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by Lord Puente Lord Puente wrote:

If you go feed others, they will likely feed you back. We all hungry, we all gotta eat

In the meantime, I'll embed this for you

thanks LP. wasn't sure on how to embed after trying multiple times lol. 

i see you're a member of the street team and i was wondering, have u guys ever considered having a feedback system? 

i use another forum to find & share music and they have a system where you must comment detailed feedback on 2 other posts before you can share your own music. you have to provide a link to both of your feedback comments within your own thread of music too.

i was just wondering as it prevents people sharing their music and being inactive... it makes for a very active forum, although yours seems pretty active already. you shouldn't have to worry about people posting and not coming back. 

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote harrydirtface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2017 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by Kairo Kairo wrote:

Yo the production on this is fire. I really like your lyrical style, way more straightforward, catchy, and relatable. More about songwriting rather than technical prowess and this is way more in touch with what I like about hip hop. Nice play on words, flow is pretty cool, and the vocal production/mix is great. 

The only thing I'd say is to further distinguished your hook with a couple more layers (even if it's subtle). The cadence change is dope and it's a nice hook, love the little melody, love that it repeats but maybe boost the ad libs a bit more or something! Great work, can't wait to hear your full project. Like LP said, share the wealth and don't just dip after posting a track.

thanks for the feedback man, glad you like it!  

you have a good point about the hook, could definitely have been more layered!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic