Author
King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Crew: Renegades

Text Rank: #4
Stats: 54-18-1
Form: WLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Jehu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trap Beat in Progress
    Posted: 29 April 2017 at 8:36pm

https://soundcloud.com/renegade-productions/trapper-keeper

This still needs some work. I challenged to use the virtual instruments in Logic's "Hip Hop" template, and found that it gave me some freedom, as I spend too much time just looking for sounds and synths.

I'll give feedback to others in a bit. I have to leave home now and I want to post this before I go.
Insert something rappy here
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2017 at 8:56pm
Mr Who,

shits kinda raw, in particular as a WIP, I liked the bounce of the drums. Instrumentation was nice. I think maybe a dirtier synthy bass might be in order to give some grit to a softer tones.

but I fuck with this. happy to see you laying shit down.
#Bananas
King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Jehu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2017 at 9:09pm
Thanks Neek.

The reason it has that bass is that it's the bass in the template, lol. This was the starting off point, but I'll make more changes later. This also has an 8-bar bridge section where the melodies change, simply because I wanted to add a bridge to a rap beat. Still trying new things.
D.Von Doom View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Rank: #1
Stats: 15-4-0
Form: WWWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote D.Von Doom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 10:23pm
I'm not really a trap type of guy when i choose beats to rap over but i like this. Seems like a wiz khalifa type beat to me. The hats were placed Perfectly as well as the kicks. If you made that synth yourself you're nice with keyboard bro. The transitions were fuego as well. I fuck with your style of beats keep it up.
I can only fall off in space...
King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Jehu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 4:13pm
Thanks. I'm not a trap beat type of guy either. I like samples and live instruments (I play guitar and bass). I like synths and creating melodies on keyboards too though, so I figured I'd try updating my sound a bit.
D.Von Doom View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Rank: #1
Stats: 15-4-0
Form: WWWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote D.Von Doom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 6:06pm
Oh word? We should collab on something. You got any madlib/dilla type of beats
I can only fall off in space...
-Orion- View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Text Rank: #1
Stats: 90-4-1
Form: WWWWNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Orion- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2017 at 10:02pm
Jesus man I can't believe you made this move

But as trap shit goes I do like it a lot, melodies in the verse are awesome...you didn't let your craft down with the snare...and for this I thank you. And I like the ambiance...it's on point. The strings on the hook didn't work for me...weren't bad but didn't seem like they built on/belonged with the verses (which were better for me)

Edited by -Orion- - 04 May 2017 at 10:37pm
. . . Now who said they fuckin' with me?
They just said that FUCKIN' with me
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .
King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Jehu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 3:04am
Originally posted by D.Von Doom D.Von Doom wrote:

Oh word? We should collab on something. You got any madlib/dilla type of beats

My beats are all over the place, stylistically. That said, my two recent beats are the first since like 2013, so I'm very slooooowly getting back to this. Anytime I make something, I'll put it up on Soundcloud and post it here though, so if you're interested in any, let me know.

Originally posted by -Orion- -Orion- wrote:

Jesus man I can't believe you made this move

Don't call me Jesus Man.
I have the melody for my next beat. Might go trap with it too, since it's fun to make. I wouldn't expect to hear anything before June though, lol.
-Que- View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 13-4-1
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Que- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2017 at 12:26am
Bro...I know I've been a total muthafukkah towards you but the past is the past.

Dude...I was rummaging thru old threads n lost sites when your name popped up on google. It was an old soundclick page and I swear...those old beats is still 🔥. I was too busy being a dick to realize just how talented you always were and still are. Just thought I'd put that out there bro.
Just understand that it was never personal...just friendly competition.

King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Jehu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2017 at 5:09am
Lol, don't worry. I don't remember any of it, and would hold no grudge if I did remember. Glad you could enjoy some shit. I should find that SoundClick. I've had so many hard drive failures and lost a lot of the early stuff.
Sky Scrapur View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 0-1-0
Form: L
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sky Scrapur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 July 2017 at 7:41am
Originally posted by King Jehu King Jehu wrote:

. I like samples and live instruments (I play guitar and bass).

What's your favourite scale?

So far so good i like the beat. Im not a trap fan unless Eminem decides to join it.
King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Jehu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2017 at 1:42am
My favorite scale is the pentatonic scale because it's so universal, and adding one note gives you the blues scale. The pentatonic stale is in you whether you realize it or not:

Sky Scrapur View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 0-1-0
Form: L
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sky Scrapur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2017 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by King Jehu King Jehu wrote:

My favorite scale is the pentatonic scale because it's so universal, and adding one note gives you the blues scale. The pentatonic stale is in you whether you realize it or not:

Wow man thanks for sharing this is awesome!. Haha im gonna share with all my fellow bass players they just gotta see this!

King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Jehu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2017 at 9:11pm
Yeah, when I used to teach guitar, I used to show this to my students.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic