Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Crew: Elision

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It's Deep
    Posted: 19 May 2017 at 2:17am
Self's comp is fuckin up so he ask if i can post it for him. check it yall!

SELF ACTIVATE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 4:13am
Good lookin out famo. Appreciate the assist.
D.Von Doom View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Rank: #1
Stats: 15-4-0
Form: WWWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote D.Von Doom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 5:04am
This is hard bro bro. The mixing could be better but it doesn't effect the feeling im getting from it. The beat has so much soul and pain pouring from it. The lyrics fit the bill as well man. Im so mad it ended so quick. Lol you gotta get up a mastered version of this. Good work self we still gotta lock in
I can only fall off in space...
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 2:09pm
Good lookin out, bro. Appreciate the words. I recorded this on my phone. You already know the rest. However, I think I may have finally found a solution to my studio situation. So one of the first things I'm going to do is remake all the audios I've dropped thus far so y'all can finally hear the those tracks how I envisioned them to sound. After that we definitely linkin up and droppin some classic shit. I'm gonna hit you song wit some feed soon as I get to work, brodie. Again, appreciate the props.
Okie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 1-2-0
Form: LLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Okie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 2:40pm
I feel the your feel into this-- content is kool (I can relate) speaks for itself no zingers it all sits together (not a bad thing)  

Wish your transition from bar to bar was smoother though (less nipping on the end of each one, get it??)

I could be wrong, but it feels like you're holding your voice back-- like your not letting your full voice hop in the mic? I'm sure it would hit deeper if you let it out. (might have to stand back further or adjust the mic intake ext)

in the end though kool cut.
Fuego
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 3:02pm
Thanks bro. I recorded this on my iPhone with no edits or breaks and definitely no polish all in one take using home theater speakers. I'm gonna redo it soon tho. I just wanted to put it out there to see the reaction. Thanks for feed and the critic. Much appreciated.
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 5:33pm
Up
rhetorical View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Stats: 2-1-0
Form: WWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 8:08pm
sup self, man, im glad that im finally in a crew thats willing to drop audios. You have such a great foundation man. The writing is already top notch. Your flow is great, your presence is good . . in all reality, any flaws that can be picked out is really not worth doing until your recording and mixing on decent equipment. Dudes like you are the example i use when these text dudes swear they are nice on a mic but then claims they cant produce audios because they dont have the means. . then when you give them instructions how to do it on their phone, its just more excuses about slow internet connections and more bullshit. anyway. . im just rambling at this point. This shit was dope man. Cant wait to hear more from you. And if you every want me to take a stab at mixing some shit down for you, feel free to reach out homie. 
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 1:58am
Damn, Rhet. I appreciate that a lot, fr fr. Especially coming from you. And, yeah, I'm definitely going to take you up on that offer in the very near future, bro.

DressToKill View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 78-62-0
Form: LLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 2:30am
Quality isn't the best but you ride that beat well, are you whispering? Sorry if this is scatter brained im typing while listening. Lyrics are nice and you defiantly can flow dude so there's good potential with a little better production but of course that isn't always possible. Anyway I dig it, keep dropping dude
The original comeback kid
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 2:44am
Lol@Whispering. Nah, bro I was actually rapping pretty loud. It's just that I recorded this on my phone and the music was much louder than what the phone was able to picked up on. I was also trying to make my delivery match the somber vibe of the instrumental, so maybe that's why it sounds the way it does. In any case, thanks for the listen man and the feed. I'll be on the look out for your next drop.
DressToKill View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 78-62-0
Form: LLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 2:58am
Originally posted by SELF ACTIVATE SELF ACTIVATE wrote:

Lol@Whispering. Nah, bro I was actually rapping pretty loud. It's just that I recorded this on my phone and the music was much louder than what the phone was able to picked up on. I was also trying to make my delivery match the somber vibe of the instrumental, so maybe that's why it sounds the way it does. In any case, thanks for the listen man and the feed. I'll be on the look out for your next drop.

Makes sense my dude, no hate was just being honest. Hope to see more
The original comeback kid
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2017 at 3:12am
Ahhh, nah, bro I took no offense at all.
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2017 at 9:32pm
self back in this bitch!

I cannot wait till the day you get a mic. maybe its just a dream, maybe it will happen. you got a nice constant flow. for you the biggest thing id recommend is trying to change your flow here and there. add a little more flavor.

"show us all iiinnnn" example of what I mean. you added a little personal flavor rather than just rapping it. elongate words, shorten some. mix up the speed.

"swimming" poppin" these would be examples of what I mean.

well you son of a bitch you have started to do everything I was going to tell you as this played.

I really liked the flow at start but it did seema little flat after a few bars.

if you get a mic, you will slay beats. you can focus on adding flavor when you break up yourverse into parts... altho at the same time, you are very good at one takes. better than 99% of ppl, so what evr works best for you.

overall... this was dope man, you need to make more drops you sum' bitch! even if you don't get a mic, its always awesome being bale to hear these phone recorded beats. keep em coming.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic