Author
Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 8-9-1
Form: LWLLLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Like It or Not (Album)
    Posted: 27 May 2017 at 5:56am
Alright everybody here it is. My debut album. You can listen on any streaming platform from Apple Music to Spotify and even TIDAL to those few special people who have that subscription lol. So now for the credits. I've included a link to the album on rap genius so you can check the lyrics and annotate them if you so desire.

It's been a journey and I want to thank my friends and fans firstly for following my music and supporting it. Thank you to anyone who buys or streams this project, I hope it makes an positive impact in your life after you listen to it. Thank you to my family, for supporting me in this endeavor and helping me spread the message and the music. Thank you to my coworkers, who were my first fans when I came to Mississippi and I am so grateful to you all, especially Maria Travis, Jamie, Jamari, Brittany Willard, Baron, Matthew Thompson, Joshua Scott Farhart, and Joshua Lee. Finally, I want to say thank you to my Lord and Saviour Jesus for blessing me beyond measure and giving me favor and connections I never even expected. Thank you everyone for your support. I pray you are blessed by this project. Enjoy.

Rap Genius - https://genius.com/albums/Zj-mission/Like-it-or-not
Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/album/3fdmY2NsAGGHco0hBOdbWc
Itunes/Apple Music - https://itun.es/us/84Exjb

Edited by Mission - 27 May 2017 at 6:01am
DressToKill View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 78-62-0
Form: LLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 11:57am
The link is broken dude it says video not available
The original comeback kid
Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 4:14pm
What country are you in
DressToKill View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 78-62-0
Form: LLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2017 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Mission Mission wrote:

What country are you in

Considering it says New Brunswick, Canada beside my name I'll stick with that my dude
The original comeback kid
Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 2:53am
IM On my phone I cant see your profile info but I'm not sure why it wont play for you I'll have to try another's link
King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Crew: Renegades

Text Rank: #4
Stats: 54-18-1
Form: WLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Jehu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 6:07am
Listening on Google Play Music. Enjoying it thus far. There's an evident Drake influence there (but this is more of what I wish he'd do. Fucking rap!).

I gotta go to bed soon cause it's 1 AM and toddlers wake up early, but because the snippets you posted last month were so good, I'll do something I've only done for my sister when she released her album: I'll let it play on repeat overnight so you get more streams. Good luck dude.
Insert something rappy here
King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Jehu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 4:07pm
Cheeseburger Eddie View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cheeseburger Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2017 at 5:40pm
Definitely fun bars, wordplay  and flows without. Sound is smooth and clear and you're better at mixing than me so can't say shit about that other than it sounded good to me. 

Banger's hook was really well done. Thi-thi-thi-this was fun.

Old Ways hook sounded fantastic. Probably my favorite song, especially with the fast flow. You nailed the fast flow.

100 Percent was really well done, but too close to Drake for me. The only song on the album like that for me. I'd say this is more clearly inspired than biting, but still, on an album I'd go for more my own sound and think maybe it would've been a better fit on a mixtape. 

Life or Death beat was my shit and you crushed it, well done. The second half of Forward really worked for me.

Your singing combo'd with your technical rapping ability really is noteworthy. 

I'd love to hear a concept album or mixtape of topicals from a completely different perspective from yourself. I think an area you can put some work in and see some dividends with is deep metaphorical shit. A bit more show and a little less tell, and let what you're really saying be inferred from the story you're telling.You already use great metaphors and similes, I'd love to see that stretched across an entire song that takes a double meaning. Do it for an entire album and that's some next level shit. 

A bit too much God stuff for me and even when it wasn't about God, still felt a bit preachy, but I feel that way about Chance too so you do you. I mean, we are preachers spouting our beliefs, but I think if the congregation feels like it's a sermon instead of something that just has to be said you lose a bit of influence.

Really strong project, I can hear the growth and maturity coming through. Props my dude.
Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2017 at 9:59pm
@King Jehu thanks for the feed and the plays brother ! Take care of those kids.
@Eddie Thanks for that feed brother I agree for sure I actually do have a concept album coming within the next year or so it's called "Suicide Note " and it has a double meaning but I'm waiting to finish all my other stuff so I can focus fully on it because I honestly think it's gonna have a huge impact on people suffering from suicidal thoughts and depression so I wanna make sure I do it right .
King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Jehu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2017 at 2:40am
I gave it another listen and it was quite enjoyable.

Songs like 100 Percent show a comfort in your style that sounds good. You clearly made all these songs your own.
There was maybe one song I didn't really like (the singing on Under 21, maybe? I listened to it yet again and it didn't seem to dislike anything. In fact, even the singing is growing on me, so great job there).

The lack of profanity (I don't remember hearing any, but it's not something I really look out for) was great, because as a parent, I get annoyed at the over-reliance on curses to fill in syllables, and it's a habit I'm trying to break myself. This project reminded me of Lecrae, because he's clearly very religious and it comes through in his songs when you listen, but they're not overtly Christian. As someone who grew up in the pentecostal church and is now an atheist, I don't mind religious themes in music. I still listen to some of the music I enjoyed as a kid, albeit for different reasons now. I didn't think it was too preachy.

LA has been sleeping on this. This is dope on first listen and it will grow on you from there.

Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2017 at 8:26am
I appreciate the feedback man definitely glad you can relate to the music, I try to have something in there for everybody. Actually the night you posted this feedback I was performing Under 21 at a dudes listening party haha place was lit. Anyone else got some feed for me?
Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2017 at 12:34am
Hey everyone. LION is now available on soundcloud!

EcK View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 0-1-0
Form: L
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote EcK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2017 at 9:14pm
wasn't able to play this for some reason ...
The Rap Daemon View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 6-14-0
Form: LWLWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Rap Daemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2017 at 10:14pm
Will listen to this in the morning so that way I have the whole day to listen to this properly and therefore give you proper feedback on each track as I listen to them.
Faggot
Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2017 at 2:14am
@ rap Daemon   thanks bro hope you like it

@EcK  are you in the U.S? It might not be allowed in some other countries. what did you use to play? The soundcloud link should work
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic