Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Monthly update: Jovial June
    Posted: 01 June 2017 at 9:57pm
The time's they are a-changing. Big news on the way from the mod squad...

The Senior Mod team provide a regular update to the membership about current going's on & plans for the future. This month, Cuba gives the rundown of what's going on:

Changes to the staff

Following the completion of IC2 Law will be taking a break from LA, we hope that he will be back in due course refreshed and feeling motivated to participate in whatever way he wants. Speaking personally, I think it's a huge loss to the site as Law is one of the greatest, if not the greatest, mod we've in these parts. The contribution he's made is absolutely massive, but I can understand how it make you feel burned out at times. 

This serves as a timely reminder to us all to not take the contributions individuals make lightly. We work really hard to make this a great place for everyone to be, but we should pause & reflect about how we can make this a fun place for the mods to be as well. Too few shoulders carrying the weight isn't sustainable in the long-term. 

Given that I have also taken on additional responsibilities outside of LA, we've decided to promote some of the mod team talent. I'm delighted to recognise the contribution of these two guys and look forward to see them move into leadership positions within the team.

Rutter Knows Best = Senior Moderator
Sammy = Moderator

It feels great to be able to recognise these 2 guys & it also opens up a spot in the Street Team. If you are interested, please reach out to one of the mod squad.

Identity Crisis II

Following the disappointment of 2 no shows in the semifinals, we're now approaching the final round of the first 32 man tournament in LA's history. Let's ensure we get the votes in on this one quickly and get the final concluded as soon as possible as a way of recognising the contribution Law has made in running the tourney through to completion.

Bloodlines IV

Once we're done with Identity Crisis II we're moving straight into Bloodlines IV event. It's gonna be a hot summer. Trizzy Tre is back to run the ever popular event. 

Want to throw your hat in the ring? Sign up here.

Topical Twist

The Topical Twist is a play-as-you-go style league, you get points for winning battles & if you win enough you might find yourself lucky enough to sit in the play-off places when the music stops. There's been plenty of twists along the way & Cuba will plan a whole bunch more. It's a great way of getting yourself a good quality topical battle without the long-term commitment for a tourney or full on league.

Topical Twist Sign Ups
Topical Twist Table

This was on pause whilst Identity Crisis was running, but will be restarting once the final is closed. 

In the medium-term, we'll be looking for someone to replace Cuba in the running of this. If anyone wants to step up, let Cuba know and he'll happily discuss it with you.

OM King / Audio OM:

For you text heads, don't forget to check out Self Activate's OM King. It's a super dope concept and needs people dropping on it. So if you went out of Identity Crisis or just want inspiration for writing something then get involved here.

On the audio side, we're still getting things properly up & running and handed over. We will be announcing a winner for the last topic soon and then Lord Puente will be taking over officially. 

Moderators Skype Names

Cuba - cuba-la
Endeavor - captainendeez
Nigma - ts_piiz
Crimson Juice - None?! 
Rutter Knows Best - live:375681dbadebc (I know, don't ask)
Lord Puente - live:sport20003000

So if you have a skype and need to contact one of us. Feel free to add us.
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2017 at 10:47pm
I didn't agree to this
#bananas
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2017 at 11:02pm
I'd google image search "tough titty" but I'm scared it'd turn out very badly for me
Ridley Squat View Drop Down
Street Team
Street Team

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 9-6-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ridley Squat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2017 at 11:19pm
Lol @ Rutz

Gratz you n Samwise
Good picks n well deserved
Trizzy Tre View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 30-7-1
Form: WLWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2017 at 2:53am
Good stuff Cuba...

Great work to those that consistently contribute to the LA community.
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2017 at 3:53am
I acknowledge this, but refuse to accept your resignation law
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2017 at 5:19am
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2017 at 12:09pm

I got my suit ready for EVO law. see you there.
#Bananas
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 June 2017 at 9:12pm
Thanks to those guys who've reached out to me already about taking over Topical Twist. My plan is to run the current one until the end and then hand over the reigns.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic