Author
Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 8-9-1
Form: LWLLLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Still Myself (Live)
    Posted: 18 July 2017 at 9:39am
Wassup ya'll i been doing some live performances, i have one at a camp with a few 100 people coming this week, just wanted to share it with ya'll. Working on my breath control lol

DressToKill View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 78-62-0
Form: LLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2017 at 11:10am
What's good mission,

First I'm looking like is that mfer playing in a church? Got damn he is to, then you harmonized like drake and I was like awe shit yeah sounds clean. The performance was good my dude, like anything it could be improved but I watched the video twice. My main advice would be to be MISSION, we already have a drake and folks know where to find him so go out and find your little unique style and rock it. That crowd was loving this which is the best indicator of how it went so props on that.

Stay up
The original comeback kid
Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2017 at 5:20am
thanks man and yeah i was just acknowledging how my music used to be mostly inspired by Drake and where I'm come from since then. With the album and finally being able to mold my own style.
King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Crew: Renegades

Text Rank: #4
Stats: 54-18-1
Form: WLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Jehu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2017 at 9:21pm
Pretty reverby for a church. Maybe it hasn't been acoustically treated. The crowd was loud, but you were consistent, had great breath control. You have charisma on the mic. You look younger than you sound. The Drake similarity doesn't bother me. You'll develop more of your own style as you go. Even Jay-Z rapped more like Nas and others at first. First few years, you'll always have a similar style to those you're into. That's fine.

Good Luck on August 6th.
Insert something rappy here
Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2017 at 5:55am
Thanks bro yeah i doubt it had any acoustic treatments but the stage was really nice had plenty of room to run around lol
The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2017 at 7:43pm
Don't think I've seen anything live from you anywhere before this, if you have posted it. But you gained a lot respect from me. Performance wise I think you did better than 99% of the people on this site would do. Just in the fact that you actually got up there and did it, even if it was in front of church. I don't even think more than half of the people here would get up and put on a little performance for their own family members that they feel comfortable with. 

You seemed comfortable and in your zone. On the end that i always have to leave critique, I did think were pacing the stage a little too much and too quickly. Not that it's big critique but just my preference I guess. I've been to quite a bit of shows, just seemed like you were constantly up and down the stage very fast, and the performance would have been enhance with more body language in tune with the lyrics and slightly less of the pacing. 

Song wise this was dope. The intro about how everyone says your trying to be like drake, yadda yadda, into the 'still myself' track kinda reminded me off Logic, after I had heard him talk on an interview. He has that similar style in that aspect, i guess, I don't have a word to really pin point what I mean but it just reminded me of him. Great job though, I always like seeing when someone is actually doing stuff off site. Which deserves a ton of respect, even from those on the site that don't like you. 

Go my Minions!

Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 11:46pm
Thanks alot for the feed Law. I totally agree with you. I noticed the first time i watched it that i was moving around a lot and I'm trying to work on toning that down a bit in my future performances. I'm hosting a concert on August 6th guys so be looking for me to post the footage from that soon after!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic