Author
King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Crew: Renegades

Text Rank: #4
Stats: 54-18-1
Form: WLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Jehu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Instrumental: Still King
    Posted: 22 July 2017 at 12:35am

https://soundcloud.com/renegade-productions/still-king

Made on Logic
77 BPM
8 Bar intro
16 bar verses
8 bar hooks
8 Bar bridge after second hook, which flows to verse 3
Last hook repeats

This has a sample so if you buy the beat, you have to clear it. Ask me about the sample if you're interested.
Insert something rappy here
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2017 at 6:54pm
Sounds dope on my Bose speaker I like the vibe a lot...

There's this tinny stuttering type noise in the background which is a bit annoying in the verses though. Don't know if that's due to my speaker picking up all the layers and shit, it's not as prominent in other parts.
-Que- View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 13-4-1
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Que- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2017 at 11:30pm
This got that bayish westside vibe. I can picture an Oakland or Frisco artist rippin on this. Niceeee

Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Stats: 8-9-1
Form: LWLLLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2017 at 5:55am
bro hit me in my dms I'll make a track on this. like legit hit me with the details i already got a vibe and some bars for it
Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Stats: 8-9-1
Form: LWLLLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2017 at 5:59am
Oh and @Que I'm from Oakland maybe thats why i dig this beat so much lol.
King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Jehu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by Cuba Cuba wrote:

Sounds dope on my Bose speaker I like the vibe a lot...

There's this tinny stuttering type noise in the background which is a bit annoying in the verses though. Don't know if that's due to my speaker picking up all the layers and shit, it's not as prominent in other parts.

Aside from the stuttery hi-hats, I don't hear anything on the verse that applies (I have huge studio speakers) . I'll listen to it again with a filter to see if the Bose is EQ boosting frequencies I never meant to put it there. I believe Bose and Beats boost the lows and highs, sacrificing the midrange, in order to make it sound crisper and puncher, but sometimes just makes things shrill.

Edit: I figured it out. The hi-hats have a bit of reverb on them, and the reverb comes in just a bit after the original sound. It's low in the mix, but when speakers boost the highs more than they should, it's noticeable (but only on the fast parts, like the verses). I'll change that and the bass (which sounds muddy on my earbuds and need more punch). More. Mixing required

Edited by King Jehu - 28 July 2017 at 8:47pm
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2017 at 8:48pm
Jehu, in just curious, what type of monitors you got? Also what you think is better between presonus e8 and yamaha hs8
King Jehu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Jehu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2017 at 3:24am
Warning: Audio nerd post.

I use the KRK Rokit 8. If you're price-sensitive, the Presonus will do a similar job well for less. They've been around for less time. The Yamahas will always be among the most popular because they're based around some legendary monitors from the 70s. They were sure to mention this in audio engineering school. Mix Engineers would swear by them. They weren't the best, and lacked some low end (no one had tons of bass in the 70s), but they had a pretty flat frequency response. If you sounded good on those, you would sound good everywhere. If you sounded bad on those, your mix isn't done. I chose my mixing headphones the same way (Sennheiser HD280 Pro). They don't sound great for regular music listening and lack bass, but if the mix sounds good on that, it'll pass the car test.

When I was looking for monitors, I found that at the price I was willing to spend at the time, the KRKs had the flattest response and got the loudest. If you have a big music store near you, definitely go and listen to their display models for a few monitors. If they'll let you, try to listen to well-made recordings that you know very well. Make sure you're equidistant from the speakers as they are to each other, ideally with the tweeters at ear level so you get the most direct, clear sound. This should apply to mixing as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic