Author
SELF ACTIVATE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Elision

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Run The Beat - Freestyle!
    Posted: 15 October 2017 at 10:38am
Just a quick and fun little "freestyle" I decided to record on my phone. It was all in one take. It's basically me just rapping until the beat cuts off. Anyway, check it.

https://soundcloud.com/user-695019110/my-idea-12
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2017 at 11:33am
I'll check this out later. Good to see you dropping. Me and Sammy will hopefully have something soon.
#bananas
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2017 at 6:45pm
Word, Rutt. I look forward to hearing what you two come up with.
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2017 at 11:51pm
the x men scheme at the start was nice
the second section was nice got better as it went on,
you switch schemes so well and so much content, you go off on some rhymes like we all do that just sound cool but we all do that but your have a real good variety of stuff throughout that 3 section.
that 4th section is ya other piece i've read and it works dope dude. Breath control again dude solid

Real cool listen dude, worth a few tbh to take it all in. Props.

#bananas
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2017 at 11:53pm
Well this caught me napping i must say,not sure what i was expecting but i wasn't
expecting that,i'll start with the vocals first,i thought you did well staying on beat
here,(you rode it like a bucking horse at a rodeo),the angry/grimy tone at the start
was good,i did however believe you got better via this course as the track progressed,
you seem to gain confidence as you went along,(its like you took off your shoes &
put on slippers), you became comfortable with it,i also thought you breath control
was nice too,props my friend there,now for the beat,it was rugged and catchy like a
keep net,the bass was powerful and then the harmonies via the monks had an Enigma
type feel about it,shit even the little pauses/breaks worked well here, i liked it as it
made my head nod throughout,overall this was nice and dare i say ripe,I liked it in
its entirety,real good work SELF,i didn't think you'd sound this well,thanks for making
my journey home from work that bit better.. peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 12:51am
Major props to you both for the feed. I'm glad you guys dug it. I was just having fun with the track and figured I might as well put some of my text verses to use. I think if I do a another "freestyle" in the future I'll try to write something specifically to the beat I'm using. That way I can attempt to really master all the nuances of the instrumental. Anyway, thanks a million for the feed, fam. Means a lot. Crim you always write the most inspiring replies and Rutt more than hype to listen to whatever track you got baking in the oven, man. Much love. Peace.
D-NoS View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 0-6-0
Form: LLLLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote D-NoS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 9:59pm
Yes! 

This was all kinds of Epic Cool

More.

https://dnos.bandcamp.com

https://soundcloud.com/dnos_aka_dicey
spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2017 at 12:24am
Self done went an Activated....
Had a few listens over the last few days bro...
So what I got from this is the dope writer that I already know putting a bunch of his dope written work down over a beat?
From what I can tell this is not something you have done often in the past?f Feel free to correct me if I am wrong fam

No doubt you love the game and are intelligent enough to recognise you are riding the beat adequately
My criticism would be the monotone staccato type feel that you create
Massive respect for stepping up to this though, maybe next project should be writing material for an actual beat instead of forcing written material into a given beat
This will allow you to create something more organic and hopefully give your vocals more room to expand, I say this because I have been where this was at, and that exact advice helped me.....
But overall tthis was cool cos I got to hear a dope writer rap
One love homie

Absolute Abomination View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 3-3-0
Form: LLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Absolute Abomination Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2017 at 10:37am
You rode it well, sometimes hard for me to hear the words. Do you have the lyrics?
Show me a fortress and I'll show you a ruin.
Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2017 at 4:37pm
nice to hear the earl beat. I think its chum but im too lazy to double check it.

do I like the recording, yea, its dope. downside, ive already heard or read most of these lyrics. would like to see more fresh material from you. although I know this was more of you just having fun and fucking around.
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2017 at 6:56pm
I legit forgot I even posted this. Thanks for the family. Much appreciated.
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2017 at 1:38am
first of all, self is my homie...

anyway.. I liked this. had a rugged ass vibe. I could see a black and white "noir" style video for it. anywhoooom, idda definitely added some political speaking of the highest order during the "choir" breakdown. just to add that extra layer of super vibe. delivery was a bit dry, but really..with recording with a phone and some of the complex schemes you imployed, kinda hard to just wing that and stay lively.

bottom line, spirit animal stay bodying the lyrical lyrics batman. Clap
#Bananas
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2017 at 3:06am
what animal duo are we now, Neek? Lol. Thank for luv bro.
Dntplywelwitothers View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dntplywelwitothers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2017 at 2:29pm
Yooooooo!

Nice beat choice, grimy.... vocals match it very well. Flow is on point very steady, it gets a little mono, here and there with little fluctuations in your delivery....but I think it works, I don't think you really need a bunch of switch ups when you're spitting a continuous multi. (I dig your rhyming style) you pretty much hit every snare on tyme. With a near perfect syllable count... fluidity of your delivery with the rhythm of the beat. .... results...... irresistible head nodding. You're very strict with your words. Articulate.... a lot of audio heads manipulate words for rhyming giving them only a few forced sounding multies..... you stress the main vowel in what seems like an endless rhyme scheme, disguising your imperfect rhymes flawlessly, so nothing sounds forced. Your text transitions to audio very well.... so let's not forget the content and word play.

"Claiming that you're fly /Ostriches" <----the fact that you used the word ostriches gets a big thumbs up ... but that you rhymed it several tymes and used it as a pun?......wordsmith..... I like how your vocabulary is above basic but doesn't enter the realm of ??🤔?¿? ....
"Russian to the moon/ soviets..."
"Outta date. Floppy disk" <---- lol
"Plato playing chess...."

Bottom line, as text or audio...this is dope
"My name has the most shout outs in the history of rap...."
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SELF ACTIVATE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2017 at 7:36pm
Thanks man. I really appreciate the feed. Nothing but love and respect.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic