Author
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: These Times w/ DOOM
    Posted: 03 December 2017 at 8:21pm

https://soundcloud.com/vintage-vocalist-verses/these-times-w-doom

if it aint for the culture, whats the point?
#Bananas
Dntplywelwitothers View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dntplywelwitothers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2017 at 3:59pm
Yooooo!!!!!!!!
Imma drop some feed before it vanishes, mfkrs like magicians in this bitch.

First off, beat is dope love the strings good choice....
Hook is catchy, only gripe is....the track is too short....I think the track needed a repeat on the hook, and both verses are a bit short, not that they didn't hit the point, just woulda liked to hear more from each verse. Y'all compliment each other , two different flows, but sick delivery on both parts. Not really lyrical but clever...but most of all, I detect no "fucks" given by either of you..... I dig the combination and there should be more collabs between the two.

Neek- bar for bar/ send shots...no shit!
           Poster/ never got the picture....lol
Doom- coexist/ don't exist......sheesh ...you open with a open hand?
             Diss a peer/disappear....
Bottom line...... more!
"My name has the most shout outs in the history of rap...."
D.Von Doom View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Rank: #1
Stats: 15-4-0
Form: WWWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote D.Von Doom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 December 2017 at 9:29pm
Appreciate the feed.

Btw what do you consider lyrical?
I can only fall off in space...
Absolute Abomination View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 3-3-0
Form: LLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Absolute Abomination Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2017 at 12:02am
Dope, pretty solid production quality.

Not a big fan of the hook and Doom's line "we can't co-exist 'cause you don't exist" but everything else was nice. Bit short verses but it fit the track I think.
Show me a fortress and I'll show you a ruin.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dntplywelwitothers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2017 at 4:50pm
I really appreciate this question....
My answer is based only on MY opinion.
Not the conventional definition....
When I say lyrical mean a multiple display of elements in writing...and how they are structured or organized.....strategic play with wording, sounds, rhyme schemes, similes, metaphors, multi syllabic rare, but not abnormal vocabulary....detailed setups and executions of puns. To me, it's the difference between popping the hood and showing me the engine, or pointing out the car in the showroom.

I haven't really heard many of your tracks....my comment is in no way a dig @ your verse..so my apologies if it seems like that.... it was based on what I got outta this particular track.

Anyway, how I see it....lyrical is the formula.....rather than the product....both carry out the same objective... but one takes the scenic route the other drives straight to the destination ... it's cool if you disagree, I'm sure many will.

Lemme ask you the same question.

D.Von Doom View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Rank: #1
Stats: 15-4-0
Form: WWWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote D.Von Doom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2017 at 5:03pm
It's basically the same as you put it. No worries. But whenever there are schemes with double entendres interlaced its hard to think that isn't lyrical for me...this verse was more simplicistic than my other verses...but on the other hand I had specific lines that may seem statement-ish to you but the people its aimed at will get it fully. For example, the co exist line was directed at trizz because he doesn't exist in the world of audio.... The first two bars connect. I respect it though
I can only fall off in space...
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2017 at 4:38pm
Well guys i must state that this joint was impressive,i'm going to listening again
when i finish work going home on the train,this was like a gold seam in that it
was solid and worth every penny (in the way of listening that is),the hook (and
i'll state now im not usually a fan of them) was good to be honest,the sarcastic
tone/pitch just added a step to it,and talking of tones and pitches,you both nailed
it in mic presence and tempo,Neek did his thing with poster/picture and Doom
with handing out swipes,enjoyed fella's,worth 5 mins of anybody time,truth.. ...
peace.     
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dntplywelwitothers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2017 at 11:25am
I see what you're sayin, Doom....I didn't know the specifics to really appreciate the content in its entirety....so the context seemed to be more general, rather than direct, resulting in me missing key elements. But as you said, I'm not the targeted audience, so it's like starting a book in the middle for me..... I appreciate you showing me the engine.
Cheeseburger Eddie View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 1-1-0
Form: WL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cheeseburger Eddie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2017 at 3:38am
"Hm, ain't been to LA in a while let's see what's up over there..."

*Checks the Audio section*

"...hm, Neek and Doom are on a track together this is probably dope..."

*gives the song a listen*

"...yup shits dope."

Some things don't change, y'all just sound good on a track.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic