Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
D.Von Doom View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Rank: #1
Stats: 15-4-0
Form: WWWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote D.Von Doom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: August 90
    Posted: 08 May 2018 at 3:43am
2 years went into this project. More personal than catering to a audience. So if you feel it you feel it if you dont I understand.

https://daofficial1.bandcamp.com/releases
I can only fall off in space...
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 10:26am
I downloaded this shit but I only got to peep live for/die for but that shit was wild dope my dude. excited to peep this whole shit out.
#Bananas
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 1:22pm
The album is incredible bro. The production is top-notch your beat choices were spectacular. Land of the Free is simply amazing, bottom line I really dug this project. I listen to it twice now but I got to say it keeps getting better. I think that this project is more than just a rap album. At points it is just great pieces of music and put together masterfully. I don't just say this because we rock together but I was thoroughly impressed and hope this gets you some traction.. they need to put some respect on Doom name.

dope shit bro and I really mean that.
#Bananas
Elite View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: eNtiTy

Audio Rank: #4
Stats: 5-0-0
Form: WWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Elite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 3:42pm
this album is nuts bro. Nobody is probably the best track ive seen dropped on here. all around super solid album. u can tell u really put the time in on this.

put this on spotify!
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 6:13pm
Back in a short while,i'm just going to have a listen now.

"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 7:08pm
This album had that summer bounce vibe popping off,this was truly a ripe venture
here Doom,as it stands one can easily tell you put time into this project,and i hope
your proud of it also,because this had a personal touch about it,like your holding a
window up and allowing ppl to catch a glimpse of things that are taking place in ya
life or have happened in it,maybe what you've seen even,it felt very chilled & layed
back on listening,i'd go as far as to type mellow even,strange really,i feel you had
a lot of deep contents but it remained upbeat throughout,and to an extent i agree
with Elite Nobody was ripe,but i personally liked Shine,the male harmonies at the
start was cool,then BAM,i was transported to a rave/shindig,caught me by surprise
that,plus it was totally original and refreshing,i throughly enjoyed this album from
start to finish,the only thing I'd done differently if i was you,would be make track 3
your opening/skit track,its the shortlist and i believe it would set the tone off that bit
better,again Doom,impressed and blown away by this album,and believe me this is
going to get another play from me as it totally Warrents that...RIPE WORK bro,real
RIPE,thabks for sharing..peace.
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote D.Von Doom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2018 at 11:51pm
@Neek I appreciate bro. I really do. It took alot out of me lbs. I haven't recorded since I finished. I'm glad you messed with it and bro I keep losing my Skype password idk if you tried to message me or not.

@elite that is a big compliment coming from mr. Album himself lol but yea I like nobody alot. My fav track is 'and they say' though because I freestyled it. Most cohesive project I've ever done.

@crimson thanks for all the praise. Shine was all my friends fav track as well. My gf sang on shine, to die for, powerful, and other tracks lol I owe her alot of credit on this.
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Crew: Elision

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 4:22pm
ahhhh shit!! the gawd Doom! i got you on this after work, bro.

Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote D.Von Doom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Sammy Sammy wrote:

ahhhh shit!! the gawd Doom! i got you on this after work, bro.

Appreciate it bro
Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Wiggle wiggle said the bun that jiggle

Stats: 5-4-0
Form: WWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 5:44pm
I listened to the first two tracks yesterday and the to die for/live for was amazing. I'm getting back atcha when I finish listening to the rest. Got a long drive tomorrow so I gotchu fam.
#Bananas

Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote D.Von Doom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2018 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by Endeavor Endeavor wrote:

I listened to the first two tracks yesterday and the to die for/live for was amazing. I'm getting back atcha when I finish listening to the rest. Got a long drive tomorrow so I gotchu fam.

No doubt thanks
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 1:41am
Listened through, first song dope, 2nd song really grew on me. Didn't think I was gonna like it after intro but yeah it turned out nice. Kinda zoned out for the rest, was background music but was vibing throughout. Obviously a lot of time and effort went into this, good shit. First mixtape you put together?
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote D.Von Doom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 2:03am
Originally posted by Nigma Nigma wrote:

Listened through, first song dope, 2nd song really grew on me. Didn't think I was gonna like it after intro but yeah it turned out nice. Kinda zoned out for the rest, was background music but was vibing throughout. Obviously a lot of time and effort went into this, good shit. First mixtape you put together?

Not the first just the most recent. Thanks for listening
Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 10:52am
Okay, leggo:

Pro's in general: Production is top tier. Sounds like an album. Love it fam. The bars overal seems really fly too. Will take longer to dissect and shit.

Con's in general: This isn't really a con to me, but others may perceive it as such. The whole piece got a sound similiar to earlier work of Cunninlynguists. You're not comparable tho as you are your own artist and in no way, shape or form does it remotely feel like you are copying a style.

To Die For/Live For: Love the mellowness of the beat. Agree with the Man on the Moon bar lol. That record is a life saver. I felt positive similiarities to Deacon the Villain of Cunninlynguists. The flow, like the beat, is real smooth. I like that. I didn't like the transfer to the new beat, it took a bit too long in my opinion. I heavily dug the bars and flow tho. Chorus on first beat was also pretty dope.

Nobody: Torn about the hook. Loved the message, didn't like the execution that much. It kind of fell flat? The verses, tho? Mmmm... Only fear time cuz you can't stop it. I felt that line. This is one of those beats which absolutely doesn't work for everyone but you handled it really nice. You have this authority in your voice which makes one listen to wtf you have to say. Then once again we get a beat switch and this is where it gets really dope. Speed goes up a notch and the part where the drums and stuff stop... Goddamn. Pure fire fam.

And They Say...: This track wasn't my favorite musically speaking but the bars hit me. My pops didn't call me up drunk but did drive drunk or got drunk in public gatherings so I feel you. Bars.

Powerful: This was pure fire. One of my favorites. Absolutely loved it. Not much else to say about it.

Shine: This beat got me hella trippy lol. A Lo-Fi beat with drum n base drums... mad weird. Didn't think it'd work but then you started rapping. While your flow is fast it's still calm. I'd say this is excellently written as the internals do what they gotta do. Yet another beat switch. Where my complaint previously was that in To Live For/To Die For it took too long, in this track the switch was too sudden. You did carry the flow really dope tho.

Runnin': Yooo Cris came in really dope! Dug the lyrics too. Your 'cross bearers' scheme was funky. Dope shit. Yeah.... Not really much to say.

Reons & Eons: So I think Reon is another rapper? Anyway it's a cool track. The beat is truly amazing. So many things happening at once. The transition from A to B I liked too. This time it felt perfect!

Blue Blue Lines: Two interludes in a row? Unconventional indeed. Did you originally have one or two tracks between Reons & Blue Blue Lines but dropped those? The interlude itself is nice, mellow and perfect for a late drive. Guess when I listened to this? During a late drive. Boom.

Introvert: Damn you went into this but I also love how you let the beat ride. Like you said what you had to say and then just let the beat do it's thing. Loved it.

Flow pt. 2: Phew.... This is where the bars came in. 'Actions speak louder, enough for it to deafen the air' bruhhhh. Fire. Major Payne was cool, I just hoped he would break someone's pinky finger. lmao. Only complaint about his verse was that at times the vocals didn't seem loud enough and I couldn't hear him well enough. Beat was dope.

Land of the Free: Heard the message before and will hear it again in the future. For what it is I think ya'll conveyed the message well. I didn't like the main melody of the beat too much. The hook was fire. Short, simple and powerful.

Overal experience: In the current musical climate this was a really fresh mixtape to me. The beat selection for the most part was really good and they meshed well with eachother. There wasn't one track on the tape which I disliked and that doesn't happen much. I'm not saying I'll be having every single record on replay for a straight week but I'll be sure to come back to this in the coming period.

Verdict: The mixtape was mature, personal and engaging. Between clever bars and simple, but powerful messages it was a nice experience. I'd give this a 8/10.

#Bananas

Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote D.Von Doom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 1:45am
@endeezy I appreciate the deep dive into the project. I put 2 interludes back to back on purpose. Didnt want too much of my vocals on the project. I figured introducing different flavors would have a better effect. Sacrificed some lyrical content to say exactly how I feel in clear raw form. Also I've never heard of the artist you're comparing me too...I'll have to check that out. Only influence I drew from was kid cudi for this project. Again I appreciate the review
Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 8:13am
Oh I see, quite unconventional indeed. I think you'd vibe with Cunninlynguists, they're amazing.
#Bananas

Endeavor View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Endeavor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 9:54am
Yo this gets better the more you listen to it.
#Bananas

Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2018 at 7:09pm
^agreed,on my 3rd spin..
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote D.Von Doom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2018 at 1:06am
Originally posted by Endeavor Endeavor wrote:

Oh I see, quite unconventional indeed. I think you'd vibe with Cunninlynguists, they're amazing.

Thanks, I hope it lasts lol
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 6:50pm
i'll be honest, i'm still trapped in the boom-bap hip hop and is never into experimental stuff but yooo...this here....

to die for/live for - very spacy outkast'esque. despite the slower calmer tempo, u rocked it, bro. flow was ill and deliver felt genuine. the beat shift was interesting. love that shawshank line. Hook ill too.

nobody - "guess being concern with a dollar is nonsense" chyeah! this verse was very lyrical. both technically and emotionally speaking. one of my fav

and they say - that narrow tip line. fiyah. i'd probably switch up the flow and do some double timing but as is, dope already, u already.

powerful - sonically speaking, i thought this piece was the most refined. composition is both complex and appealing. i'm really drawn to it and i don't even really listen to this type of song lol.

shine - haha i've never heard anyone rap to a drum'n bass beat lol! This is flame, man. 

on the real there's a lot to take in. this is a very poignant and ambitious effort man. i'll have to do another listen to the second half but i really eff with this man. i consider myself a music snob and i can see myself asking someone "yo who's this?" if i heard it on the streets or in the car. i'll be back for part two, bro. dope shit.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic