AshleyKaos View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Voter of The Month

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 28-63-3
Form: LWLLNQ
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Suggestion/idea
    Posted: 17 October 2018 at 8:37pm
So I was looking at the archives and stuff and a thought came toind, what if we did another battle tourney for 

UK VS. USA 

The last one was done in 2008 and it seemed like a good one to me. I'm USA who else ?

Mods what do you think ? 

Just putting it out there...
NUMBER 1 FEMALE MC TILL THE DEATH OF ME
iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 11-5-1
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2018 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by AshleyKaos AshleyKaos wrote:

So I was looking at the archives and stuff and a thought came toind, what if we did another battle tourney for 

UK VS. USA 

The last one was done in 2008 and it seemed like a good one to me. I'm USA who else ?

Mods what do you think ? 

Just putting it out there...

I think most ideas are good ones. People participate in the WWC every week as Rhet has been doing a great job with that. I currently have an event going on (BAE) and its finally getting going. I was thinking about started a MAC (monthly audio challenge) as well. The thing is, the community says they want these things to happen but don't wanna be active for them. 
Standard Member
Standard Member

Voter of The Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2018 at 8:52pm
Nawh im down to assist
Standard Member
Standard Member

Voter of The Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2018 at 8:53pm
I just wanted community support and wasn't jus tgunna go starting some random tourney without proper approval
spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2018 at 10:19pm
Welcome back Ash it’s nice to see you touching base...
I like your enthusiasm for instant activity, I think there is mileage in your thoughts here..
One idea
Let’s keep the Canadian peeps involved eh
So you have
Topical champ = Canadian
Audio champ = American
Text champ = United Kingdom

Each Champion chooses his same nation reps for each of the three disciplines
And you have the startings of a possible tournament

Just one potential idea, the trick is to build it
Have a go it might be great
HMU for collaboration to help you get started
Gluck

Lord Puente View Drop Down
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Stats: 4-2-0
Form: LWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2018 at 10:58pm
Don’t call me american
Standard Member
Standard Member

Voter of The Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2018 at 11:40pm
lol
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2018 at 4:34am
Me, Xces, DTK, the CHAAAAIN SLAAAYER himself Amgin.. Canada would win every battle, no fun there. 
Absolute Abomination View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 3-3-0
Form: LLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Absolute Abomination Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2018 at 4:36am
guess ill watch
Show me a fortress and I'll show you a ruin.
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2018 at 4:38am
AA Captain of Team International, you heard it here first
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2018 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by AshleyKaos AshleyKaos wrote:

I just wanted community support and wasn't jus tgunna go starting some random tourney without proper approval

No doubt, wasn't raining on your parade. The members of the site always have good ideas but its rare they get fully executed. It's weird. IC1 & 2 are good examples of great ideas and full execution. The last Bloodlines however... 
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2018 at 4:05pm
Plus look at nigmas event. That’s falling apart faster than the power systems in Florida panhandle
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2018 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Lord Puente Lord Puente wrote:

Plus look at nigmas event. That’s falling apart faster than the power systems in Florida panhandle

thats because he left his homie in the cold for no reason now dizz and riddle diddle gotta battle twice. tsk tsk.

moral of the story. never turn ya back on ya homies.
#Bananas
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2018 at 5:10pm
BAE > Fortnite
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2018 at 6:06pm
I don't suppose an encounter with Ridley has persuaded you opinion, hmm? 🤔😏
Final Boss

Audio Champ

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Lord Puente Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2018 at 6:16pm
Your*
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2018 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by Nigma Nigma wrote:

I don't suppose an encounter with Ridley has persuaded you opinion, hmm? 🤔😏

touche 
Concrete View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 33-6-0
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Concrete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2018 at 7:23pm
Team Eurotrash represent.
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2018 at 8:38pm
Where you from concrete?
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 October 2018 at 10:25pm
Yeah if you were going to do this again I'd recommend either:

US vs Rest of World
North America vs Rest of World
Europe vs Rest of World

Why exclude Nigma coz he talks funny? Plus you don't Neek to have to be USA but sabotage coz really he loves Canadia in his heart...

As for "mods permission" - it ain't really about that anymore, if people want to run something, go ahead, if you need mod support then just ask and we will try and help where we can. We have deliberately tried to separate the roles of "leader", "administrator" and "doer" for the sustainability of the site. It seems to be working relatively well as a strategy...

Finally, although I'm not trying to feed an autopsy/debate on Bloodlines, I do believe in "lessons learned" improve the future running of events, so on that note...

I would point out that in less than 1 month we had: OM King w/ 7 entries, Roast w/ 9 entries, Word Drop cypher w/ over 25 entries, Topical Title defence, Text Title change hands, OM War w/ 15 disses thrown, first ever tag team Battle Royale, Battle Royale that only got botched due to no show in the Tag Team Title match, #1 contender for Topical Title match, New Audio Champ crowned...

Objectively, that's a pretty good output for 4 weeks. Yes, we didn't get through to the end - but I would say five main things scuppered execution of the whole package: 

1) too innovative in the format in linking events together - stifled momentum at critical moment
2) too ambitious in aiming to have multiple defences of main belts in same event - affects momentum, you start out at top speed and have to maintain that pace rather than build up to the
3) too much for one person to run
4) too much salt in membership base at the time
5) I shouldn't have acted as a protagonist while also being the host

You can mitigate #1 with better planning. #2 would probably have worked if it hadn't been for #1. #3 again mitigated by better planning or by reducing the scope of features within the event, i.e. include less things. #4 endemic problem at the time. #5 acting as protagonist was challenge to #4 - I think this would have been fine if #1 and #3 were mitigated, or you dialled down the ambition of the event. 

I.e. if I didn't have the second round of title defences in there then event would've basically ended where it did, probably with Battle Royale as conclusion. I imagine it would have been received as a successfully executed event. 

In actual fact, if I had never published the full running order then nobody would've known shit got scrapped...so another lesson there, don't necessarily have to spell out everything in one go, you can say "next 3 things are these" and it makes it a lot more manageable. If we kept the "full list" on the Site Discussion Forum (only selected people can see) then it would allow others to run certain components & make it more "collective effort", rather than "one host". 

Anyway, I digress...the point is, simply, if you aren't prepared to fail you won't try anything new. But equally, if things don't work we should be honest and try and learn the lessons so our future endeavours are more successful.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic