Author
Goryo. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 4-4-0
Form: LWLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Goryo. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dumb bars
    Posted: 28 March 2020 at 8:12pm
'You lost like a person without a map' - Papoose on 'Born to Win'

That '21 emcees ate up at the same time' line from 'My Melody' by Rakim. Maybe something is going over my head but out of all the dope Rakim lines I don't think that should be classed as iconic.

'I'm not cocky I'm confident so when you tell me I'm the best it's a compliment' - Jada on 'New York'. Love Jada but the way the bar was set up for a huge punch just resulted in an anticlimax. On what occasion is telling someone they're the best NOT a compliment? Haha
Absolute Abomination View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 3-3-0
Form: LLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Absolute Abomination Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2019 at 8:38am
thats what I believe as well.

I don't think he ever said that's what it meant, that's just someone else explaining it.
Show me a fortress and I'll show you a ruin.
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2019 at 4:50pm
I imagine that the 300 like the Romans thing was coz he was referring to the Spartans and fucked it up so made up some other bullshit
Absolute Abomination View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 3-3-0
Form: LLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Absolute Abomination Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2019 at 2:46am
What're some lines you've heard that you know the artist thought was heat but it just sounds dumb. E.g. Kanye saying "let the suicide doors up" or Pap saying "I'm a weight watcher cause I got weight to watch".

Or if you've seen a wild ass explanation of the lyrics. Kanye again, "we keep it 300 like the Romans". Explanation is 300 in Roman numerals is CCC which stands for Cool, calm, and collected. Possible, sure, but what a fuckin reach
Show me a fortress and I'll show you a ruin.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic