Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vellum View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 24-2-1
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Vellum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gonna start producing
    Posted: 29 September 2019 at 1:53pm
I got fl studio and fl studio mobile for the phone. Anyone have any tips for someone just getting into the beat making side of hip hop?
DjFlame2 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 1-0-0
Form: W
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DjFlame2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 September 2019 at 9:48pm
Some tips:

1) If you don't have a MIDI keyboard, you can use the typing buttons.

2) Reddit has a ton of free drum kits at r/drumkits

3) Trap beats have snares/claps on the third beat, boom-bap has snares on the 2 and 4

4) ytmp3 to rip samples over youtube.

5) Sytrus has a ton of free presets you can download around.

6) Look up sidechaining

7) Learn some basic music theory

8) Manipulate samples via grossbeat and edison

Vellum View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Vellum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2019 at 1:25pm
Thanks a lot man I was lucky in that my fl studio came with all of my boys soundfonts and drum kits he’s been producing since we were kids I got the alchemist drum kit, 9th wonder, dr. Dre, j dilla, Anno Domini etc. and I have so many soundfonts I don’t even know where to start. I appreciate the advice I was definitely looking for a reliable site to rip mp3s from YouTube and it looks like you provided that. I’ll probably never make a trap beat but I always knew the 2 and the 4 were where the snares go on a boom bap beat occasionally I’ll switch it up and leave a snare out and whatever but anyways ... what daw are you using flame?
Vellum View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Vellum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2019 at 1:29pm
I think I’m naturally pretty decent I’m just gonna have to get better at transitions from the verses to the choruses etc. I’m not a complete rookie cuz I been watching my boy do it long enough and gettin taught various things from him long enough that I always been good enough to whip up a quick bass line, decent melody and some pretty hard drum loops. My boys always liked freestyling to my beats when I make em love but now I want to get into composing actual songs and I’d like to learn more about sampling. I have a few songs in my head that I absolutely need to sample
Vellum View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Vellum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 September 2019 at 1:30pm
Make em live**
Vellum View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Vellum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2021 at 6:23am
Wow I can’t believe how far I came but over all I prefer writing and producing was taking time away from that. A lot of time
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic