Post Reply Post Reply
Author
iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 11-5-1
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: iLL ScriptureZ vs Vellum
    Posted: 21 October 2019 at 8:18pm
2 minute Acapella 

Due 10/29/2019
Vellum View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 24-2-1
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Vellum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2019 at 9:33pm
Cool and you definitely want to keep it acapella? Just askin.
Vellum View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Vellum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2019 at 4:17pm
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2019 at 11:12pm
I ain’t forget about this. Work has been wild. I have it recorded but can’t convert to MP3 to put on SoundCloud. The app i used puts it in .m4a
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2019 at 7:03pm
Vellum View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Vellum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2019 at 3:17pm
If I knew the deadline wasn’t gonna matter I definitely wouldn’t of posted my first take but whatever. Good luck
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2019 at 4:52pm
Get over it dude people have lives
Vellum View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Vellum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2019 at 12:16pm
I been over it I said good luck and everything. I don’t have no problem with you. I was hoping we could collab one of these days
Mitch.Wagwaan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 3-5-1
Form: LNLWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mitch.Wagwaan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2019 at 7:13pm

This vote has been accepted by a moderator.

The delivery of ILL's verse was of a different ilk. The directness and aggression was second to none I've seen on LA. The build up and pause "Look how he drops twitching". Class. An air of arrogance to the piece too which was epitomised in my favourite part which was fittingly the closer, "The difference between quality and quality effort".

Even though Vellum didn't bring the same aggression to the party, the flow was pretty good. There was parts of his verse where I was like 'mehh' and others where I was like 'yeah here we go'. My point is, it wasn't fluent throughout. He did however have my favourite bars in the battle;

I'm dropping Scriptz quicker than actors with butter fingers.

I'll beat you with one line you know connect four ya?

You couldn't come out on top if your mum gave birth on a handstand.

So here's my conundrum..

ILL had the swagger and a far superior delivery but as he said himself "Bars above everything". I may be missing it, but I didn't hear any real personals from either of them, and Vellum atleast came with some nameplay. Then on the other hand, Vellum dropped the "I'll fuck your Bitch" & "Bury this clown" stuff, which doesn't carry the same weight as ILL's no nonsense beat down.

Fuck it I'm rambling in self debate now. The defining point is.. Vellum had the stand out bars for me even if other bars were hit and miss, where as ILL'S verse as a whole was of a higher quality and didn't let up. So Does stand out bars beat Overall delivery? Not for me.

Vote// ILL

Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2019 at 5:53pm
Vellum, a battle works by checking in, posted your verses, then waiting for votes. Anything further is not allowed. You submitted your verse, anything further is considered swaying. I know you were upset about him posting past the deadline but rules state (going from memory but I think this is correct) you are entitled up to half the original deadline once the deadline expires before it's considered a no show. I hid the post, let the votes come in as they may.  

If there are any issues, hit me with a PM. Votes only
Vellum View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Vellum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2019 at 7:46pm
Alright Nigma. The link to my verse above is dead now though so I'm just going to post the link to my verse.

Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2019 at 9:33pm
LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2019 at 10:41pm
If you (Vellum) can't supply the original track that people have already voted on this will be closed as a no contest
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2019 at 1:21am
Closed, no contest, as the original verse that votes have been placed is unable to be re-posted.
Submitting something for a battle, having votes placed, then submitting something different for the rest of the votes to vote on is stupid and not allowed.  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic