Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rapper T View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 22-27-0
Form: LLLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rapper T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Playing Games
    Posted: 23 July 2020 at 9:42am
I knew the overall verse would be dope and lyrically I can't fault it. Overall gain staging could use a bit of balancing and the lead vox are about 2 dB too loud imo and could have about 8k I'd say notched in the EQ, it's piercing a bit but not in a good way, a tiny bit of reverb on the overall track I reckon could have blended it together a bit better too.

"Nature is amazing grab its wisdom and the lambs are different/harnessing the storm I'm catching blizzards like I'm Activision/Running laps around it you ain't even in the race flowed cool." I felt that. I felt also that stylistically, the whole thing was quite 1, 2, 3, 4 like block style of verse which I guess was done on purpose, personally I like a bit more ODB random steez in the stressed syllables and complexity in the flow but it's cool to hear your voice applied to your verse at the same time.

I like the stretched syllables part towards the end and the whole thing lyrically so I listened to it 3 times cos I'm quite high. "Huh really in it they were cold on my cases/and people don't appreciate the cold that I speak in/fuck it most are puppets and it shows what they're seeking/throwing votes for your bros open - no sequin/not, what you lack like an axe while we seen shifts/knocking allegiance to the culture that you teem with/past was a bad time, crawling with demons/after all the shadows comes a call for achievements/a one shipment substance with something prestigious/, not some microcosm of what's become another species/hollow as a model irresponsible with Eden/at least it was real, evolved of some weak shit/instanced in your lessers it is all that is needed/flaws were conceited, withdrawn for appeasement/that's back then passion, it's falling to pieces". I didn't like the Jesus part but it is what it is, I liked the multies in that part and the part that was stylistically a bit different just before it but yeah that's kinda what I mean by the blockstyle, on purpose it's cool, just with those comma sentences idk if it was intentional, and I guess I'm just saying more commas and random as ones I like the sound of but it's all subjective or whatever ae and I bet I didn't get the lyrics quite right lol but that's what I heard and always the case. I also wanted to hear you add some more 'microcosm' style tempos with your delivery like double-time flowing but yeah I mean I heard it all in the pocket personally so think it shows a lot of promise or elevation or something. Chur
DressToKill View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 78-62-0
Form: LLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2020 at 1:31am
Hey Nigma,

I thought you blazed the verse with the internals and the complexity of the wording/content but at times I thought you may of strayed off beat. I don't really fuck with horrorcore vibes but if its got your name on it I generally open it up for a listen just for the verse, overall this wasn't my favorite piece from you but not due to it being subpar but the style didn't suit what I generally listen to.
The original comeback kid
rhetorical View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Stats: 2-1-0
Form: WWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rhetorical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2020 at 10:05am
sup fam. 

cool sample to kick it off. . nice aggressive beat. always with that sick pen game. i love the rapid fire flow. you really fill the space on the beat, but take little subtle pauses to give it just enough room to breath. good approach. very unique and distinct sound you have. my only complaints is there was a few spots where the adlibs were a bit out of sync with each other, the end could have been snipped a little but, but nothing major. this was a really dope drop
Dntplywelwitothers View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dntplywelwitothers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2020 at 6:28pm
nigma... gotta say that flow nasty... I like how you build momentum then keep it going.... how do you keep it going??? Haha! (Asking for myself) ...Your delivery stays aggressive, and you're nuts with the multis...

capture blizzards/activision, robin/jumanji/clue/pieces beneath the game...Pretty slick schemes, I enjoyed them very much.

Great listen sir!!
"My name has the most shout outs in the history of rap...."
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2020 at 2:53pm
Well that was impressive, on listening i had visions of that 90's horror core group The Gravediggaz,
your tone reminded me of Poetic from that said group, this track although it was mellow in beat and
delivery, but still had this urgency about it at the same time, i could go on saying tempo this, & lyrics
that, but i won't, all i'll type from here is RIPE... just pure Ripe..peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2020 at 6:32pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic