Author
Brotha Goose View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 10-10-0
Form: LWLWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Brotha Goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CALL TO ALL LA OG'S
    Posted: 28 October 2020 at 5:16am
Originally posted by Nigma Nigma wrote:

Winner gets signed copy of Cuba's new book "Memoirs of Extreme Rowing"

Gutted πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
AshleyKaos View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Voter of The Month

Stats: 28-63-3
Form: LWLLNQ
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2020 at 5:09am
Nigma elite whats poppin !
NUMBER 1 FEMALE MC TILL THE DEATH OF ME
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2020 at 3:57am
AsheyKaos 1v1 me, snipers and headshots only on Shipment. Winner gets signed copy of Cuba's new book "Memoirs of Extreme Rowing", and hope you don't slip on your drool but there's a foldup popup picture of his back muscle depth in the center!
Elite View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: eNtiTy

Audio Rank: #3
Stats: 5-0-0
Form: WWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Elite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2020 at 3:36am
whats good
Brotha Goose View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 10-10-0
Form: LWLWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Brotha Goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2020 at 4:29pm
Present and accounted for
Rapper T View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Stats: 22-27-0
Form: LLLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rapper T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2020 at 11:30pm
Yo AK I don't see 32 active members participating in this event. Mods aren't likely to be able to participate in this event and Law, Neek and Arthur have all been pretty vacant of late.

You got some great ideas like the idea for the name of a tournament, the art of war or modern warfare are sweet and promoting with a facebook ad could definitely help bring in new sign-ups.

I talked about this in Discord and there was a bit of interest but ultimately I'm just testing the water to see if there's even 16 people here that can get together and make something happen. Is your post on the tournament thread signing up to the tournament? Cos it'd be great to have you taking part!

I ain't really about anything flashy though, I'm just gonna roll with The 2020 Tournament as the name cos there hasn't been anything like this on LA this year and if we can get just 16 people to battle then we'd have a roster. If you wanna do an ad on FB then feel free but the community is right here and if you're in and Crimson then that's two signed up already with 14 days left to get sign-ups.

Anyone you can alert to let them know that this is going down, please get us others on board! LA needs some revitalization!
Standard Member
Standard Member

Voter of The Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2020 at 11:06pm
P.s kay b I'm really sorry for not listing your name I'm surprised that I forgot it my bad.
Standard Member
Standard Member

Voter of The Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2020 at 10:53pm
Ok so here is my proposal for the tournament ..... I wanna call it modern warfare I or the art of war. I wanna do 16 teams of two 32 contestants. 4 rounds. 16 bar verses from each team member in each battle. 5 days to submit a verse for each battle. First to 4 wins. Each team will come up with a team name to call themselves... Winner received a 200 dollar cash prize incentive that way it can be split evenly between the two team members and the will also receive the team text tourney championship belt. We need mod participation for the vote approvals and all to close the battles. As far as who will host the tournament, I would do it but I want to compete and I have never done it before and don't think that I would be very good at it. Does anybody have any personal contact method with LAW? I would nominate for either him to be the tourney host or Arthur if he isn't still mad I forgot his name in the original post or I think that Neek would be good at it we could advertise the tourney or announce the tourney on discord and I was thinking about running a fac book add to bring awareness promote new member signups and to alert all the other OG peeps about it and I think it would really help bring the sight back to life with a new wave of noob signups....what do you guys think ?
D.Von Doom View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Rank: #1
Stats: 15-4-0
Form: WWWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote D.Von Doom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2020 at 7:02am
Present πŸ–πŸΏ
I can only fall off in space...
Rapper T View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rapper T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2020 at 6:16am
But SC spume my Kiwi brother the people have moved to an application called Discord right now! There's a guy there from Belarus or Ukraine or Russia or something who is trying to take the movement to the Discord app and D Von Doom is saying that most of the people still active on LA are also active on Discord.

I appreciate your advice and the support and acknowledgements. I don't think even Trump could pull a resurgence on this site though after assessing the situation. People seem plenty happy to just let this site die now and there's no word from the owner. Just Kay B saying this is now a 'who killed Scotty game'. If we could rebuild, the bricks would be piling up in this thread but noone is battling with text or audio here and I hear that other sites are flourishing so it might be that the battles start to take place on Discord in the forum and this site dissipates.

But it's been here for so long and someone is still paying for it so someone else said so who knows, maybe it'll just carry on as is indefinitely or others will have a say and we can get it popping. Guess it depends where loyalties are really at.
spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2020 at 9:47pm
Rapper T my Kiwi brother you are the power right now! It’s like the miniature footed size six cousin Cuba of old stated β€œMods are not really needed to make this site bounce again”
So best advice would be, MAKE A THREAD, MAKE A STATEMENT OF YOUR INTENT, PUT FORTH A PROPOSAL!
Work the numbers, gain some interest, make something happen
Honestly I think cash incentives are ridiculous and fake......
Go Trump style on us, make LA great again
Build it and the people will follow, I will have your back with the necessary hype

Rapper T View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rapper T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2020 at 6:21am
Are any other mods any good at running tournaments? Cubez must be busy and it'd be dope to breathe some new life into this site. I have seen this place humming in the past and often it's just through a whole bunch of sick cunts having the old sicky spew on the boards.
Stalin View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Renegades

Stats: 34-12-2
Form: LNWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2020 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Kay B Kay B wrote:

Also fuck you all for not mentioning me

I got mentioned 13th... not even top ten and your feelings are hurt??
+Sick-Witted+
Rapper T View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rapper T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2020 at 2:42am
Originally posted by Cuba Cuba wrote:

Why would someone giving someone else money motivate me to do something? I could commit to giving the winner of a tourney Β£1,000 right now and it wouldn't have any impact on the probability of you finishing a tournament successfully.

Money would provide some form of incentive to get participants. And that incentive vanishes upon elimination.

First trap of thinking you know how to fix things. "I need moderator powers". What do you need them for? Pretty sure you can do 99% of what's required to run a tournament without any administrative powers on this site.

But why listen to me...its not like I actually used to do this successfully

Good point Cuba, if you put forward that 1000 GBP then we can give the 300 USD to the best voter. That might be one way to alleviate the incentivized non-vanishing.

Are you saying that the main reason you're lacking motivation to help out with a tournament is that you don't think that the capabilities exist in the membership here to even close a tournament, let alone run one?

I don't think anyone is actually asking for moderator powers here, you've just been suggested as a great tournament runner. Is there anything that could incentivize you to run one? What if we could get a whole bunch of old heads to take part so in that the reminiscing was a component of the tournament to help with your engagement?
Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 95-24-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2020 at 4:34pm
Lol
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2020 at 1:55pm
Why would someone giving someone else money motivate me to do something? I could commit to giving the winner of a tourney Β£1,000 right now and it wouldn't have any impact on the probability of you finishing a tournament successfully.

Money would provide some form of incentive to get participants. And that incentive vanishes upon elimination.

First trap of thinking you know how to fix things. "I need moderator powers". What do you need them for? Pretty sure you can do 99% of what's required to run a tournament without any administrative powers on this site.

But why listen to me...its not like I actually used to do this successfully
Kay B View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 58-32-0
Form: LLWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kay B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2020 at 12:26pm
Also fuck you all for not mentioning me
Kay B View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 58-32-0
Form: LLWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kay B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2020 at 12:25pm
Scotty isnt dead i speak to him in a daily basis, he just isnt around here anymore
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2020 at 9:04am
As a mod our hands are pretty much tied, but the idea of a tourney should be fun,
i will take part and as you all know i'll vote too..peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 95-24-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2020 at 1:17pm
This is a great exchange
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic