AshleyKaos View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Voter of The Month

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 28-63-3
Form: LWLLNQ
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CALL TO ALL LA OG'S
    Posted: 05 October 2020 at 5:16pm
EY what the fuck is going on with LA

we seriously need to bring it back to life 

there is one battle in the fucking battle grounds 

barley any activity 

what the fuck happened ?

Yo Syndicate ....where my boys at ? wtf ? 

Exo, Levy420 Concrete Zinaii Beans Riggley squat, Dj Flame, Cuba, Nigma, Brother Goose, Jay Homicide, DTK, stalin, 
Law, Day Dizzle, Rutter, Sammy, Titu, Kiki Spirez, Ill Script, Spume, axy, Neek, Chain, Elite, the rest of my krew

where the fuck yahll at ? anybody out there?
NUMBER 1 FEMALE MC TILL THE DEATH OF ME
spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2020 at 10:12pm
I hate seeing this place die Ash, LA got so much history and so many incredible writers and rappers have showcased their skills here for sure
Maybe every dog has their day? I dunno really, I guess a lot of faces just grew older, sad though cos surely enjoying to write and create is ageless!
So I kinda tried to engage recently, dropped my first shit in a long minute and came through with a load of feed but it’s not easy playing to an empty field
I noticed you dropped some stuff for feed, to be honest my girl I also noticed that you ain’t check any recent works and leave some feedback yourself!

So what do we do now? I’m with you if you wanna collab on making LA great again, I don’t wanna see this place die
Much love and respect

Rapper T View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Stats: 22-27-0
Form: LLLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rapper T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2020 at 11:05pm
I heard through the rapvine that Scotty died and that has had an impact on the site overall. I've seen the likes of SwordedStylez come through and organize a bit of a resurgence in recent years and djflame has been active here and there, as well as many others.

I've had some battles in the last year or so and none of them were even closed with a full amount of votes compared to when I first joined and there was quite the active community. Do you think it's a bit like the Raplican church in that it might be a struggle to breathe new life into it considering the raft of other options that people have in 2020 to express themselves?

A few things I've seen work of late are tournaments with dope prizes and collaborations between artists however there does seem to exist quite a toxic, inside-joke community here now with a lot less respect these days for the 'moderators' who seem to have been picked as part of some kind of friend group and there's not a lot of enthusiasm for everyone to take part. Much different to the Hip Hop community here in New Zealand for instance which is thriving.

Real change starts with communication and inclusivity so your post here will hopefully at least get people thinking. If I was to battle you again for instance that might be a bit of life between us in the battlefields but not all-inclusive. Personally I'd like to see one of the mods re-engage the site and some of the old heads take more responsibility for leading the rapvolution and reinvigorating the site or as spume says, every dog does have its day and LA might assume the acronym of 'lost art'.

I'm open to helping out wherever I can, and although I've often been branded as some kind of racist troll here I've always done my best to be an active member of the community and have accepted that the hate is often just a part of the love that people are capable of. This place has helped me to understand a lot more of the fundamental requirements of expressing the artform over the years. As such I feel that I've got some kind of duty to help alongside those that are keen to keep this place alive so any ideas anyone has I'm gonna continue to keep an eye on and do my best to involve myself in. Life goes through peaks and troughs and gets pretty busy so maybe it's just a lull in activity that will soon be revived. Here's hoping.
Arthur View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Text Rank: #5
Stats: 36-7-0
Form: WWWWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Arthur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 3:29am
*enters*

*doesn’t see name*

*leaves*
Standard Member
Standard Member

Voter of The Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 3:30am
im sorry arthur i was just naming off the top of my head ! let me edit this call out
Standard Member
Standard Member

Voter of The Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 3:32am
i cant edit but ill add some names, Arthur, King Jehu, D von Doom, Trizzy Tre, Slip, Daz, Vellum
Standard Member
Standard Member

Voter of The Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 3:49am
well then we need to get some mods in on this..... anyone know how to get ahold of cuba ? crimson wya ? check in !!
Standard Member
Standard Member

Voter of The Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2020 at 4:18am
Well... I'm thinking maybe we could do a turny ? And send out email notifications to every members email on file notifying them ? But his one would have to have q very special twist to it also
Rapper T View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rapper T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2020 at 10:18am
Good idea, the last tourney I didn't even know it had started and I got no notification for it even though I'd expressed interest. Got laughed at cos I told the mods I had no idea it was on and it was just a bit shit. I like the idea of notifications and when people express interest have them check in and shit so it's streamlined and everyone gets a good chance to apply and rap. Winner should get like a feature with D Von or chekk or something like that, idk something that would only take a bit of ingenuity to create steez or put some coin up or something and really drum up interest naamsan, with notifications ftw, is that even a thing? I didn't get all the notifications for the feed on this post for instance.
Standard Member
Standard Member

Voter of The Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2020 at 10:27am
Did Scotty really die ? MODS this is good!I think it should be a text tourney I am willing to put $50 bucks towards a cash award incentive but whoever runs the tourney will have to be trust worthy to hold the prize money ....   I think the prize should also include the opportunity to write a verse that will be posted in the hall of fame or something like that, a title perhaps like All time King or Queen of LA or something of that nature.. I think there should be open mic prelims and when it's been narrowed down to the remaining 6 it would turn into the battle phase of the tourney
Standard Member
Standard Member

Voter of The Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2020 at 10:29am
Arthur we need all hands on deck here
Rapper T View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rapper T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2020 at 10:33am
Fr tho some kind of prize that can stay as like an avy kinda thing would be tight as well, hell I'd put up 50 NZD to your 50 USD to encourage participation and that. And I haven't seen Scotty as quiet as he's been since someone said that he died so it's probably quite possible... Can anyone confirm or deny?
Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 95-24-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2020 at 12:53pm
If you can get enough for a tourney I’ll throw 100$ cash prize to the winner
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2020 at 11:12pm
if cubes runs it, ill throw up a hundred too.

also, scotty is not dead. rapper t likes to huff new zealand gasoline. it contains alot of lead.
#Bananas
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2020 at 3:38pm
Hi everyone!

I dont have the desire or capacity to run a tournament.

My advice:
1. Accept the technical limitations of the site. Scotty won't develop anything nor give keys to anyone to develop anything (as is his right, its his baby)
2. Be realistic about what you can deliver and how it can be delivered.

I.e. are people voting on battles now? Therefore is it realistic to get x amount of votes needed to finish a tournament. Therefore how do you adapt to enable something to actually get finished.
Rapper T View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rapper T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2020 at 8:56pm
Neek always on his projection shit, mans has been snorting petrol ever since replacing his pencil lead output with inhaled lead input. Sad story.

And where's Scotty at then if he isn't dead? Why haven't I seen one of his posts for like a year or more? Mans used to be on this site like pimples on teens.

In response to Cuba, if we have just the people that posted in this thread voting in a tournament (none of which I've seen voting in battles or taking place in battles for moons and moons) then we'd have a lively show. Is it that we need a moderator around this place with more desire and capacity to moderate the site considering the response from Cuba here? Mans isn't even keen to run it with $300 as prize money (the most prize money I've ever seen up in LA)...
Concrete View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 33-6-0
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Concrete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2020 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by Rapper T Rapper T wrote:

And where's Scotty at then if he isn't dead? Why haven't I seen one of his posts for like a year or more? Mans used to be on this site like pimples on teens.

Obviously 'they' killed him and now 'they' are trying to cover it up.

Anyways, a lil tourney could be fun.  
Rapper T View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rapper T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2020 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Concrete Concrete wrote:

Originally posted by Rapper T Rapper T wrote:

Obviously 'they' killed him and now 'they' are trying to cover it up.

Anyways, a lil tourney could be fun.  

Na I literally heard from members of LA that he died. Why can't he verify? When did he last post? It's no conspiracy.
afterlife View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote afterlife Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2020 at 11:24pm
https://soundcloud.com/timestamp/demo-2020-original-mix
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2020 at 11:40pm
Scotty is on facebook regularly, and Steam as well.

he doesnt post because he created this website as a 15 year old kid and wishes it would wither away but keeps it active because its the first website he ever made and now makes them professionally.

same way your mother kept your shit stained sheets from your early years in the attic, we are Scottys fecal covered bedding.

merry xmas fam.
#Bananas
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic