Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Rapper T View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 22-27-0
Form: LLLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rapper T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The 2020 Tournament
    Posted: 16 October 2020 at 12:57pm
It's 2020

Following a viral outbreak of COVID-19, the advent of the 5G network and the potential death of the owner of LA; Scotty32 RIP it has been decided by unanimous decision that there is the need for a new tournament.

The 2020 Tournament

A battle to the KO or unanimous decision of defeat among those left standing on the LA frontline.

Text and audio

The rules are simple.

State your interest below by adding a post in the thread and submitting your interest in taking part in the text or audio battle roster, or both. There are 16 spots in the text and 8 spots in the audio tournaments in total.

Battlers will have 14 days to write their bars once I draw the roster. Verses are to be 8 bars or 16 lines in length. If there are no decisive votes on the battles after 7 days once the verse is posted, then I will vote in an unbiased manner and decide on the winner to continue to the next round.

If you duck, you duck and timeframes will be accurately adhered to once the roster is drawn up. All battlers will be required to check into their battles once the battles are created. If you don't both check in then your battle will be discontinued and parties that check-in will progress to successive rounds but parties that fail to check-in will be disqualified.

Do you think you have what it takes to beat the best of the best of LA?

Come one, come all and register your interest with just a simple tournament entry post.

The person I judge as the best voter will win a
cash money prize.

The person that wins the 2020 Tournament will also win a
cash money prize and potentially earn a $100 USD bonus cash prize from Beans. Unfortunately Neek would only donate $100 to the tournament if Cuba was running it but Cuba doesn't think we can drum up the interest or run it or he would have put $1000 up as a prize too.

Are you there LA? Are you ready for a resurgence, to remind the internet who we are and where our artforms were garnished? To prove to Cuba that we do have what it takes to rally as a community and fuck each other up lyrically?

Will Orion come out of his hibernation in the law firm? Will Arthur see his name mentioned and be excited to try his hand at winning another tournament? Will Beans try his hand against worthy opponents? Can Neek and the Ukrainian guy from the Discord 'Fuck Y'all' forum put aside their differences and take part in an event for the culture? Is Shankley up to come through and show us his shanking? Do the mods want to be active members of this website? Is The Law working for the people? Would a mod draw up an award for the winner of this tournament? Will this tournament fill the Battlefield up with threads that mods don't clear for years? Is Scotty alive?

Have the chance to maybe find out some of the answers to these questions and more in the 2020 LA Tournament.

Register your interest below. Ask questions if you fucking have to. Troll the board with inflammatory shit if you must. Invite your friends to drum up interest but not to dickride you with votes. Dickriding votes don't count and I'll be making sure no-ones just trying to milk Beans of his milktoast money. If we can reach the numbers and/or more than what is required with people actively engaging and checking into this event it will go ahead and has the potential to reignite the LA flame for eternity!

The 2020 Tournament

Enter now!
Register your interest below

Entries close October 31st, 2020. I'm either hosting this shit or not. We gonna get enough interest LA?

Disclaimer: Scotty32 might not be dead, it's something daydizzle said in Discord last year or something and he reckoned someone else is running the site now. Neek reckons he's not dead and Kay B reckons he's not dead and someone else reckons they talk to him all the time but he used to be active af here and I haven't seen him for a couple of years or so so he might be dead I guess, cannot really confirm or deny so my bad in advance if that first part of this post had you like whoa. Cash money is in NZD and will be between $50 and $100 depending on what your bars and that are like, if you're shit and you just win by disqualifications you'd really be just lucky and shit so here's hoping that there is even the interest in this event. If you need help with mixing and mastering and shit for audio holler and I'll see what I can do. If ur just gonna be a fuckwit troll then fuckin' off with ur head and go hit up some Discord forum or something. If u know of the whereabouts of Scotty or members of the site that might be interested in this shit you better fucking let them know and don't enter this shit if you're just gonna be a fucking loser and not get into it and bring people down with bad buzz. If u do you'll just look like an idiot cos we all thrive in toxic environments here, lets be honest. If there's not enough battlers to enter to make a round number then I'll enter too and you better hope I don't have to vote for myself and if we don't get enough battlers to make the 16 or 8 required for text or audio then fuck it so what at least we gave it a shot you know what I'm saying. Bring it on motherfuckers, is there anyone still alive that knows how to battle in an LA tournament or did this site just used to be kind of cool in a period of time in history. If I can't answer your questions then the help that you need might potentially come from somewhere else than that that I can provide. Mods were keen on a tourny and I figured I can just do this shit cos noone else is doing fuck all here lets be honest this place has been dead. Here's to a lit fire under LA's ass motherfuckers.
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2020 at 9:54pm

Count me in for text battle(s)..and i'll vote regardless of any prizes..peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
AshleyKaos View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Voter of The Month

Stats: 28-63-3
Form: LWLLNQ
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2020 at 11:10pm
Rapper T..... We should discuss this more in the other thread more before just throwing up a post like this. It's sloppy we have nothing for sure put together we dont even have a name for the event this isn't even the right category to post this in fam
NUMBER 1 FEMALE MC TILL THE DEATH OF ME
CHAIN View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Reigning Open Mic King

Stats: 8-4-0
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CHAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2020 at 11:25pm
Count me in for (conceptual) text battles.
+Sick-Witted+
spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2020 at 11:32pm
Rapper T Ash is right when she says this is sloppy, BUT DAMN GUY, you really did make me laugh and that is half the battle

I’m not a humble guy so I will say this to anyone, “ it was my hype, my humour and my massive effort that made the biggest tournament in LA’s contemporary history go off” 32 members battling down to a single winner
But back then I had the community to support me and we collaborated to make it successful

You and Ash should work together, I will help, start to formulate something together do it quickly but don’t rush it and def drop using colours in text.....
Get at me on pm if either you two want, I been here long time and seen enough tournaments, and dropped enough mags and related hype ups
Even won some don’t you know
G luck

Rapper T View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rapper T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2020 at 11:32pm
Aiit so we got CHAIN and Crimson Juice on board. I think Ashley is on board too but not sure, TBC.

Who else.
Standard Member
Standard Member

Voter of The Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2020 at 11:35pm
Sign me up check check
Rapper T View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rapper T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2020 at 11:41pm
@spume are you in?

The roster is building momentum.

Crimson Juice
CHAIN
Ashley Kaos
spume corrupt TBC

Who else.
Standard Member
Standard Member

Voter of The Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2020 at 11:43pm
P.s post is funny af though lol
Rapper T View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rapper T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2020 at 7:33am
Confirmed so far for The Tournament 2020:

Crimson Juice
CHAIN
Ashley Kaos
spume corrupt

Who else is gonna get in on this? Come on, you've got nothing to lose and everything to gain!

Stalin has said he'll be helping out if we can get this going and DJFlame said he's keen but he hasn't managed to post in this thread yet. Watch this space and register your interest now!
Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 95-24-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2020 at 2:54pm
In for reg/pic roast battle
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
Absolute Abomination View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 3-3-0
Form: LLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Absolute Abomination Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2020 at 5:09pm
yall figure this out and lemme know...im always down for the site banding together.

but god damn T why'd you make it so many colours i cant read that shit
Show me a fortress and I'll show you a ruin.
Rapper T View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rapper T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2020 at 10:36pm
Confirmed so far for The Tournament 2020:

Crimson Juice
CHAIN
Ashley Kaos
spume corrupt
Beans
Absolute Abomination

Who else is in?

ROLL CALL!!!

13 days...
Concrete View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 33-6-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Concrete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2020 at 6:21pm
If it's happening I'm there reppin the legendary 2013 gen.

Rapper T View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rapper T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2020 at 8:49pm
The 2020 Tournament is taking shape...

Attendees confirmed thus far:

Crimson Juice (2015)
CHAIN (2006)
Ashley Kaos (2013)
spume corrupt (2011)
Beans (2013)
Absolute Abomination (2015)
Concrete (2013)

We're nearly at half capacity for the text tournament, with noone entered in the audio category yet. Are YOU going to take part in this historical event? Find out next time in The 2020 Tournament!
Standard Member
Standard Member

Voter of The Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2020 at 12:16am
Come on wtf people
Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 95-24-5
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2020 at 3:19pm
Won’t get interest if this place looks dead as fucky
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2020 at 11:17am
Rapper T View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rapper T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2020 at 7:33am
Is that you in Cuba?
Brotha Goose View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 10-10-0
Form: LWLWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Brotha Goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2020 at 4:28pm
Throw in a topical battle and im in
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic