Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rapper T View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 22-27-0
Form: LLLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rapper T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T2T Round 1: Rapper T vs Ashley Kaos
    Posted: 07 November 2020 at 3:55am
The 2020 Tournament
Round One: Text (standard rules)

Rapper T vs Ashley Kaos

Verses are to be 8 bars or 16 lines in length.

Battlers have 14 days from now to write their bars.

If there are no decisive votes on the battle after 7 days once the verse is posted, then I will vote in an unbiased manner and decide on the winner to continue to the next round.

If a battler ducks, due to timeframes being accurately adhered to, if it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, I'll be calling it a duck. 

If you don't both check in then your battle will be discontinued and parties that check-in will progress to successive rounds but parties that fail to check-in will be disqualified.

Battlers must check-in to the battle in order to proceed.

GO
Rapper T View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rapper T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2020 at 4:22am
Check
AshleyKaos View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Voter of The Month

Stats: 28-63-3
Form: LWLLNQ
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2020 at 10:00am
Check
NUMBER 1 FEMALE MC TILL THE DEATH OF ME
Rapper T View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rapper T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2020 at 11:01am
This is Chaos meets the Truth 'n' I'm the order that's enlightened
See I'm bringing her the pressure, finna convert this ash to diamond

Thrashing siphons half you motherfuckers ain't even gon' get these rhymes
You mighta caught them all Ash but I don't think they meant STI's

Barely try I save the axe it'd only get her wetter gash
Even if I turned to woodpecker I still wouldn't put pecker ash

Get her slapped, she's waterworks from the powder I brang
I turn Ash into fireworks and still wouldn't go out with this bang

Different breed, we're in different leagues, I order by the kilogram
This isn't a thing. I'm just dippin' Ash in water for the instagram

No minuteman or middleman, I been crematin', yearnin'
'N' u about to get burnt Ash. Guess u could say you've urned it

One day you'll learn you could be good at something you just ain't found it yet
For now though, just bend down cos I'mma fuck ur ass even if u isn't 'down 'a peg'

Count her dead this frothy titted beast's face down I heard they found her dead
Amount of milking done to u, from now until forever, we will just call u A Kow instead
AshleyKaos View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Voter of The Month

Stats: 28-63-3
Form: LWLLNQ
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 1:07am

Who the fuck is Rapper t? bitch please, your extinct, butchered by me, your career just seems Hex'd
Tried to fight back, punches don't connect,reaching an fall short like the baby arms of a T'rex
Flow weak, needs TLC, pussy battles me cuz im easy to beat? Hell Nah
This bitch finished like a 90's girl band cuz bitch its a "rapp"-fer "T"Boz
Drop bombs like fort knox, wanted to battle but will never be able to guard me
Not hardly, get fucked up worse then miss universe when it was hosted by steve harvey
Rapper T is like the Urkle of LA whenever you show your face nobody wants you to stay
I called to all of the OG'S, theres a reason why i didnt mention your name
Dope flo a foreign object' T, he dont want The smoke, got sulfur in his nostrils
Goin nuclear, beat T's face in like he got T'bag'd by kim jong un at a brothel
A little bitch tryin to cry war, just cry more chump, rape pussy break this hoe's hymen
After this youll be big whining cant accept loosing to a bitch like trump vs joe biden
T ugly, desperate for bitches and a good bar, rejections perpetual
Make him bow down to AK now he really puttin pussy on a pedestal
Rumors can be deadly, so R.I.Piss faggit, gossiping just to try n bump your status
Spit bars like a eulogy i laid this bitch to rest, now him and scotty sharin caskette's
NUMBER 1 FEMALE MC TILL THE DEATH OF ME
CHAIN View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Reigning Open Mic King

Stats: 8-4-0
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CHAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2020 at 10:44am

This vote has been accepted by a moderator.

lol I can't call it.
Rapper T delivered a superior verse and has clearly mastered the art of battle rapping and all its mechanics but....

I dont even know...

Ash was all over the place. She somehow managed to flip 16 lines into 24-32 bars lol. I don't think she even tried to make it flow but....

I don't even know...

That verse was kinda hard and disrespectful.

Rapper T was just flexing on her like it was gonna be a walk in the park and he clearly had the superior lines. Very solid bar work.
He was witty AF.

But Ash shitted on Rapper T something fierce.

Damn.

Me as a technical writer / rhyme nerd I'd have to give it to Rapper T, especially since Ash stretched the hell out of her lines and kind of violated the rules IMHO.

But...

Ash last bar was wild. Her verse felt Ether-ish.
I could almost feel her disdain for Rapper T.

I'm going against my principles and I'm violating all kinds of conventions 'cause I wouldn't want to set a precedent for the out of control stretching of bars but damn it MVGT : Ashley Kaos

+Sick-Witted+
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2020 at 6:20pm

So i'm having trouble with this battle here let me explain why, RT came like everyone i've
read who's battled Ash before, the gender route, which to be honest i found stale, and Ash
had a verse that in parts struggled to rhyme, both had the elements (punches/plays and
personals) that make a battle up, and both had lulls within their verses also, both had nice
opening and closing bars so im going to judge this for the content that's in between the
start and end,

RT

Thrashing siphons half you motherfuckers ain't even gon' get these rhymes
You mighta caught them all Ash but I don't think they meant STI's

(this wasn't a bad bar in truth, more of a Diss than a direct personal, but it worked still,
although belittling a voter as a set up was off the cuff i thought , and to be fair i quite
like the left side of the field now and again, so i can overlook that, but just referring that
she's a slutt isn't neither here or there, and that causes the bar to lose some sting)

Barely try I save the axe it'd only get her wetter gash
Even if I turned to woodpecker I still wouldn't put pecker ash

(I think the word (in) or (to) is missing between pecker and Ash here, just a simple inclusion
of either word would of added more weight to this bar)

Get her slapped, she's waterworks from the powder I brang
I turn Ash into fireworks and still wouldn't go out with this bang

(hmm, kind of felt like jab really, yeah you had a bit of w/play but it didn't strengthen this bar
any, and the word brang although not a word but a slang terminology made this bar seem sort
of forced and stressed in rhyme)

Different breed, we're in different leagues, I order by the kilogram
This isn't a thing. I'm just dippin' Ash in water for the instagram

(I liked the rhyming scheme in this bar, overall its on the light side of things, but it has merit,
just seemed to lack venom or any kind of bite for that matter, but witt is cool still so yeah i
liked it)

No minuteman or middleman, I been crematin', yearnin'
'N' u about to get burnt Ash. Guess u could say you've urned it

(lol...simple but it worked, although this bar isn't a heavy laden punch or personal, and it is
quite generic too, the clowing aspect of it made me smirk)

One day you'll learn you could be good at something you just ain't found it yet
For now though, just bend down cos I'mma fuck ur ass even if u isn't 'down 'a peg'

(contradiction alert!, a few bars back up there some where^^, you implied you wouldn't touch
her with a barge pole, now your saying you'll do her dirty, i'm bringing this up because you made
a similar comment whilst voting in my battle with DNos, so i guess touché is in order here.. lol)

AK

Flow weak, needs TLC, pussy battles me cuz im easy to beat? Hell Nah
This bitch finished like a 90's girl band cuz bitch its a "rapp"-fer "T"Boz

(I liked this bar for the aggression that was tagging along side it, the w/play was 50/50 but the
personal was aimed well enough though)

Drop bombs like fort knox, wanted to battle but will never be able to guard me
Not hardly, get fucked up worse then miss universe when it was hosted by steve harvey

(I didn't much like the way this bar started out, as Fort Knox is a military gold depository not an
armoury, the w/play was nice within though, but i did find this bar to be a filler and on the generic
side)

Rapper T is like the Urkle of LA whenever you show your face nobody wants you to stay
I called to all of the OG'S, theres a reason why i didnt mention your name

(lol...this bar had a cold vibe etched in, it read callous and mean, i liked it because of that fact, i mean
who would like to read or hear that nobody gives a shit about ya?)

Dope flo a foreign object' T, he dont want The smoke, got sulfur in his nostrils
Goin nuclear, beat T's face in like he got T'bag'd by kim jong un at a brothel

(I get it with Kim Jong being weighty and all and squashing his face whilst being t bagged, and the use
of "T" as part of his alias to make a personal, but it missed its mark for me, a stretch at best)

A little bitch tryin to cry war, just cry more chump, rape pussy break this hoe's hymen
After this youll be big whining cant accept loosing to a bitch like trump vs joe biden

(nah this was too indirect for me, although politically it was current)

T ugly, desperate for bitches and a good bar, rejections perpetual
Make him bow down to AK now he really puttin pussy on a pedestal

(lol...you clown him girl!, now this bar i did like, quite creative and witty, not aimed very well, but the humour
facter within the w/play was cool, and making a voter snigger is what a punch is, so yeah nice bar)

So now it's crunch time, after reading both countless times via the breakdown, i'm going to call it for AK, her
verse just seemed more vibrant...

Vote... AK.. peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2020 at 12:01pm

This was a real nice battle, both had room for improvement but came for each other...which is something that seems to get forgotten sometimes. 

Rapper T

I kind of agreed with Chain's observation. You can mechanics, but sometimes it came across a little formulaic. I think maybe trading down on some of the Ash plays and trading up on some more aggressive stuff that was potentially a bit more generic. That said, I thought you opened strongly, opener was witty and a cool play and then followed up with a more direct punch with a stronger diss emphasis. I really liked those in combination. Next one was cool, I liked the disrespectful nature of the filler line. Punch was cool, if I was being hypercritical I think it was a little caught between trying to be clever and disrespectful and maybe lost a bit of the impact by being caught between the two. Next one was similar...I liked the concept of the play "turn ash to fireworks" but I think the punch was a bit lacking...I would've preferred something more like "turn ash to fireworks and bang her out in a flash", it would've been more aggressive, maintained your concept, and allowed you to translate your concept into punch a bit more cleanly. Next one, again, consistently you bring a good diss in the filler line...I liked the different breed / different leagues...just had a nice swagger to it. Ash to water / Instagram was a cool punch, I liked it...I think it was just getting a bit repetitive at this stage, then you follow up with another Ash play after this. Again, nothing in particular wrong with that one, it was cool...I think you could've been a bit more selective in the ones you used & used your other punches to switch it up. Down a peg one I felt was a bit flat...but I did really like the filler line, that was nice & disrespectful. Finisher I was 50-50 on, I liked that you changed it up and the diss was cool, but the punch was a bit simple...closer you kind of want to finish with a flourish and that was a bit flat. 

Overall, I think you brought a lot of positives overall...I think the challenge you had is that really the point where you lacked were some of your punches, either through variety, a little lack of focus & translating a good concept or idea into a hefty impactful punch. That said, I think your overall style and approach gives you a lot of bonus points.

AK 

In many ways the feedback is kind of the reverse...you instantly came off as more aggressive in your approach but at the same time because RT had collected a lot of "bonus points" for his style and approach you can see it contrasts with your bars that have a lot more concept and aren't necessarily the most technically refined, finessed or cleanest versions they could be. I guess that plays to aggression...i.e. I'll come and say "fuck you" but I think if you tried to edit that down & get the same feeling across with less words it would actually add to the aggression and come across as really fucking hard. That said, in your wording you can tell you have experience in actually rapping given the wording of your setups, just read with more "swagger" and authority. As Chain said, you were a little all over the place in terms of structure but also in terms of the quality of the material. Example...the T Rex concept and punch was really nice, I dug it, next filler line was dripping with distain, punch was interesting...as I didn't really get the reference but because of the way the setup was worded it kind of didn't matter and still hit him. I really liked the diss. But in contrast..."drop bombs like Fort Knox"...just no. But the punch you ended up was real hard. I actually smiled at that one. My advise on that one...should've cut the Fort Knox bit and pulled the not hardly bit into the filler line. Reads as "Wanted to battle me but can't guard me, not hardly, Getting fucked up worse than Miss Universe when it was hosted by Steve Harvey". Still could be a bit more concise in taking the main diss to the ending punch...but it eliminates the unnecessary components and delivers what you're saying with greater impact...with largely the same words. OGs bar was hard, made me go "oh shit". Liked the next filler...next diss was real nice and the punch was kind of funny. Probably a bit wordy & kind of suffered the same problem as RT's fireworks punch...you had a blunt/direct diss but then a jokey punchline, felt a bit disconnected. Joe Biden punch was dope. Pussy on a pedestal punch was dope. Closer was ok, I didn't really think you landed on a big shot but with some more careful editing I think you would've been stronger. I really liked the idea and the diss of "bumping status" in the filler was real nice. Concept of laying him to rest & spinning that into a Scotty punch was a good idea, I think probably didn't translate as well as it could've done. 

Overall...I think you had clear structural issues & didn't make as much of some of your attacks as you could've done by challenging yourself to be more concise and delivering same concepts with less words. But you consistently went after your opponent with plenty of disrespect. Your punches got more focused and targeted as the verse went on & on second read I think you comfortably had the hardest moments of the battle.

It's a close one...although I think Ash had the hardest moments in the battle, I think she loses some points for the structure, whereas Rapper T gained bonus on that side. It is a difficult one for me, as it doesn't feel massively fair to lean towards AK when she clearly stretched her lines and therefore got more content in there. If I discount that, it's really down to the wire & I'm conscious that I'm potentially casting a KO vote here in a battle that definitely doesn't merit a KO. That said, I don't think it's right to vote for someone because it's close and it's currently 2-0. Therefore I think I have to go for Ash. She had the best punches of the battle & did more damage with her best punches. I think if Rapper T had managed to switch out one of his Ash plays with something a bit more direct and harder hitting it would've swayed me his way, but he didn't do it so it falls down to Ash. 

Very good battle guys, I was impressed by both/

Vote = Ash
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2020 at 7:27pm
3-0 win for AK..
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic