Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Rapper T View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 22-27-0
Form: LLLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rapper T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T2T Round 1: Cuba vs Stalin
    Posted: 07 November 2020 at 4:03am
The 2020 Tournament
Round One: Text (standard rules)

Cuba vs Stalin

Verses are to be 8 bars or 16 lines in length.

Battlers have 14 days from now to write their bars.

If there are no decisive votes on the battle after 7 days once the verse is posted, then I will vote in an unbiased manner and decide on the winner to continue to the next round.

If a battler ducks, due to timeframes being accurately adhered to, if it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, I'll be calling it a duck. 

If you don't both check in then your battle will be discontinued and parties that check-in will progress to successive rounds but parties that fail to check-in will be disqualified.

Battlers must check-in to the battle in order to proceed.

GO
Stalin View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Renegades

Stats: 34-12-2
Form: LNWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2020 at 5:56am
Check
+Sick-Witted+
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2020 at 10:15pm
Think Cubes will choke? I'll go Bain with a neck chord
Take an L from Stalin? That'd be a stain on my record
This guys barely a star, should call me Ursa Major
Your bars lamer than Rapper T tryna stack the tourney in his favour
I roll at defcon 3 you can't control the sirens
Crystal clear I got 2020 on lockdown worse than Coronavirus
Made the deadline two weeks coz you're too weak to pop a para sooner
Bro you couldn't drop flames as a burning paratrooper
So fuck name flips or a lame diss you could blame this or that again
Everybody like "oh great we gotta pretend Stal can rap again"
When the vote comes in we know its Biden time
Till Stalin goes Trump crying like his lying's fine
Face it homie you're mid 30s and done nothing with your life
Been on a site two decades and never picked up a mic
And I could glam it up, make it glorious like its Senna
In the end you always been bitch inside like Caitlin Jenner
I'm the main script...you play around in the margins
Call me Leninism, coz I always been ahead of Stalin
Stalin View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Renegades

Stats: 34-12-2
Form: LNWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stalin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2020 at 4:29am
I cant even respect him, he should die by a lethal injection
Hes a virus to the site not even beaches would let in
Saying hes better than Stalin, thats blasphemy
When he cant carry the weight, like a McCaffery knee
I raised your whole style, you lost all sanity
But your fathers bout to ruin your career like the Ball family!
We had alot of crew beef but name one who stopped the 'Gades
Only ever been a member of a crew whos top, then fades
Cuba always needed Stalin you cant get past those facts
If they knew you represent them, theyd ask for castro back!
You were a joke to the Lawless like the Gravano sentence
Stalins came to scrap til you fade to black like a Soprano ending
+Sick-Witted+
levy420 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 39-33-4
Form: LWWLLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote levy420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2020 at 4:49am

This vote has been accepted by a moderator.

Cuba

Nice opener humorous an a solid dig not to hard but don't think u was going for a knockout rather just setting the tone

This was funny as fuck because that was my exact thoughts according to the Tourney when I seen the match ups nice clown shot in the set up as well

This was dope current event but didn't see a punch still likes the bar flow was good lost a lil points because its not a direct hit to ur opponent but a nice lil swag bar none the less

This hit pretty hard nice imagery I like it

Ur best bar it's got a bit of everything humor mixed with a hard hit

Another nice personal jab tied with current event think u could'a done alot more with it but it works as is

As far as personals this hits the hardest definitely a clean knock out type hit here good work

I like this the off ryhme worked well

Nice closer

Overall this was a well rounded verse had a lil bit of everything word play aggression personal angles current even tie ins solid work

Stalin

Nice opener would of liked to see u use a bit more aggression but the flow is there an the punch is there

Dope concept nice execution I really liked this

Again dope concept but I think it could'a have been worked better to hit alot harder still a nice concept

Decent lil jab here nothing major

A fresh cuba castro play even if it's been beaten to death this worked well ur set up played perfectly with the punch this to me was ur best bar

Nice closer but u fell short 2 bars had u had 2 more bars this might be going ur way unfortunately it fell short either way good verses from both but

Mvgt cuba

Great battle I literally read both verses a shit ton of times before making my decision n honestly if stalin had 2 more bars this might be going his way props to both stay up
I'll explode at the drop of a dime like proximity mines
Rapper T View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Stats: 22-27-0
Form: LLLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rapper T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2020 at 12:15am

Cuba:

Quick flow with question marks I like how this starts and the aggression in the opening multi, filler could have linked more topically to the punch but it's a strong start.

Haha this is good, and man I didn't even want to be in the tourney, rather study some greats, and what an opportunity that presented itself. It's all for the culture innit. The looseness with which tourney in his favour/Ursa Major sits in the bar stylistically works but I feel this could have been carved harder, and the Your bars lamer sits ok as an inner rhyme for Ursa Major but again yeah could have been carved harder. Also I mean not that direct but it's a builds bar.

This is a dope braggadocio line, again not that direct but on point relevantly and that's a call for props rolling at defcon 3.

This was pretty funny, I liked the use of alliteration in the filler with the use of the word pop, but I still didn't find this bar that direct, like it's a bit generic to me but I like that the para up in there could mean chute or graph.

That filler line played quick with cool inner multis, I wish it carried through somehow into the punch, cos while there was the quote, the rhyme was just rap again/that again and it just felt a bit lacking in creativity for me even if it was a bit funny.

I liked the relevance of this content, and the flow of the bar, at this point I kinda want to feel more brutality in the bars cos you started with going Bain with a neck chord just for people thinking you'd choke and then it's been verse so far of like a few kinda soft digs about his ability to drop flames and you being a bright star.

You know as a personal this might be pretty disheartening as a jab if this guy did nothing with his life or picked up a mic, the rhyme though of just mic/life in the multi and no inner stylistically left me scratching my head a bit analyzing this bar, it kinda flows on as your style from some earlier bars so it's like aiit but yeah this one might be your weakest bar for me.

Man I just don't know if I get this line in how it's relevant to Stalin personally, I'm not sure if Senna is a racecar driver, a herbaceous plant, or a League of Legends character after googling. I mean I know the Kardashians but idk how I feel about someone just calling someone else a bitch in a battle with no kinda reference point so this one kinda fell flat for me and might tie for the weakest bar in the verse.

Man I liked this bar the first time I read it through and still liked it in the contemplation and reading it just now, I guess for me Lenininism/Cuba cos it was just margins/Stalin that rhymed it was a bit weak as a closer cos I like multis heaps. Thematically it was excellent, I liked the depth of the allegory but yeah I felt like it could have been carved a bit harder even though it tied the whole thing together nicely and as an overall stanza the whole piece was solid.

Stalin:

I wish you wrote 16 but whether it's being like you're too good to write 16 for Cuba or you were just like that'll do it has to reflect in the vote I think surely, anyway..

Flow of the bar and inner in the filler was killer, I wondered if beaches was a person like an old mod or something that didn't let Cuba in but idk about that and google just reckons like Coronavirus isn't allowed at beaches and that Cuba's beaches are free of large crowds so I mean I still didn't hardout 'get' this bar but like I think I did and it rhymed good and while it could have been more direct it was a good aggressive start.

While I reckon the use of the NFL player reference is cool for imagery and to tie in the start of the punch which was pretty funny, the filler could have been more related to it and the overall bar could have been more direct and the rhyme of the multi which only hit at the ends of this bar was a bit stretched but it was still a good bar and continued to setup the vibe good.

The flow on to the ball reference was cool and I like the use of references and the smoothness of this multi, calling him your son is pretty harsh but still similarly to Cubas verse I feel like you could have been more brutal with your lettering/word choice overall. Stylistically though yours so far feels more cohesive.

This bar is dope, braggadocio components are so important and the tribute to the old school is what it's all about, the remembrance of the history and the shout out to the time gone is cool. The multi sat well with the topic of this bar and the personal in it while it hit well, it could have still been even more direct, the way the punch starts with only could almost come across as a flow-on from the filler you know what I mean.

This while a cryptic bar is phat too and I like it like maybe the most out of all the bars personally, it's direct and really straight to Cuba with its content. The multi hits good and the reference again to castro was cool, and the historical context that goes along with it is dope too, it's similar as for me to Cubas closer.

That inner multi in the punch and the two references that sat together nicely in the closer were dope. The personal up in there and the imagery of James Gandolfini there at the end brought the verse together well.

Fuck so overall I feel like I wanted to read more of a horrorcore style added into the brutality of both of the bars, but that's just me. Both battlers brought strong bargame that's for real and both really know how to execute an opponent with text personally. Stylistically I'mma say that Stalin edged it but it's gotta be overall and had Stalin brought more bars and a bit more content it could easily sway that way cos man that verse was a dope read but equally Cubas verse was a dope read and while both verses had their differences by way of style and flow and timbre, for me Cuba really captured more overall components in his writing of crucial battle rap components and was a bit funnier. Close battle yo, though

MVGT Cuba
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2020 at 1:57pm

Cuba

(Nice bar to get things going here, had a bit of sprite about it too, the punch was
simple but clever which made it read heavy in my opinion, just by simply removing
a letter from his alias made this standout)

(I liked the clowning vibe in the set up, labeling him a star, which are bright objects
on the norm, but then tagging yourself via comparison to a constellation, classic slap
down mode, the punch itself was light but cool with a tad of witt, yeah I liked it even
if it did appear statement-ish)

(I liked the selfhype within this bar, it still managed to come with some swagger entow,
although as a battle bar in it was generic)

(Besides the w/play and the lols that this bar in had on offer, I'd like to highlight the 5
vowel multis ending on each line here, made this bar read cohesive which just added
weight overall)

(hmm, strange bar this as it was direct and statement-ish, it didn't for me add an awful
lot to the verse, more of a filler bar really,)

(Well the bar was current if nothing else, and I get your on the comparison trip here, but
it did read as a filler, nothing heavy within)

(Strangely this bar read aggressive and direct, which I liked, it had this no fuss but straight
to it slant about it, which worked, maybe due to the jab being factual I guess)

(I liked the similie here, read gritty and kind of damning really, plus the punch was cool
too, what's there not to like about this bar)

(Now this made me smirk, nice punch and creative too, them Stalin plays never get old
because of the history tied to that very name, but adding Lenin was a cool inclision and
brought extra weight overall)

Stalin

(Yeah I liked it overall the punch was good so was the flow, the only thing was it lacked
some gusto, but still a nice opener here)

(Now I don't follow American Football but I guess McCarffery is a player, or was a player
know for having or sustaining a bum knee, if so yeah I liked the punch, if not I still liked
the punch overall, you clown him)

(Nice bar, concept was the highlight here for me, just everything worked, the punch landed
squarely enough, (I had to Google this, which on the norm I don't have to do) the bar did lack
aggression though,it had a vibe of fuck it just catch these bars)

(I liked this double entendre similie here, fades as in crew and top fades as in hair or even
how the crew has faded and fizzled out, either way it was a solid punch)

(lol..gathering pace now, this I found to be clever and witty, in essence it's similar to the bar
Cuba wrote about Lenin/Stalin in his verse, good punch)

(Yeah good closing bar, this was a cool personal via crew and imagery, the punch and similie
working in tandem to add more weight, nice bar)

Well this was as a cool battle truth be told, both getting busy with punches and Witt, it's a shame
there has to be a loser because this was a even affair really, but there has to be a winner,and for
me that's Cuba here's why, it boils down to humour which I believe Cuba had more of, maybe if
you (Stalin) wrote a few more lines things may of been different...

Vote..Cuba..peace.
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2020 at 1:58pm
3-0 win Cuba..
"You need to learn how to make an exit,
before you can dare make an entrance".
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic