I-kontinue View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

The Sovereign

Crew: The Dynasty

Text Rank: #3
Stats: 46-9-0
Form: WWWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote I-kontinue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drown
    Posted: 14 January 2010 at 12:35am
Track's been mostly done for a couple days now, but I've just got the time to get it fully done. I plan on sending this one out.

Tell me what you think. I can post the lyrics if anyone wants them. Thanks.
Calibra View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 20-3-1
Form: WWWWWN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Calibra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 12:47am
The return of Somethin' Like A... haha

This was pretty dope though, flow was sick, beat was cool. Beat was ok but after a while it did get abit repetitive for me, I see why you weren't sure with the 4 repeats at the end now. But verses were def on point, for some reason I was expecting something more along the lines of Never Said after our convo so this was a nice suprise.

Props Ikon, good luck with it all.
mcwoods View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: XFade: Phoenix

Stats: 42-51-0
Form: LLLLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote mcwoods Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 1:12am
dunno about this...

track is catchy, but i think the chorus could be re-written... it sounds a little amateurish imo... could be reworked to sound better.

beat is pretty cool, does the job. Lyrics are sound. maybe just less of the word drown.. and some more rhymes thrown in..

another track like never said may be better received..
Veteran
Veteran

The Sovereign

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote I-kontinue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 4:54am
Nice...

Thanks for the feed ya'll. If you notice, most my tracks so far have all been different styles. Never Said was laid back, Feel was emotional, this one I wanted a more complex flow. I'm tryna see WHO likes what, and what works best in what situation. Woods, I feel this would be a great track for an audience to chip in on when the hook comes around. . I could easily add more rhyme in the chorus though if need be. Would take no more than 5 minutes, so it's in consideration! Ha, and the funny thing is that IS how it orginally was with a few more rhymes, and then I thought deeply about it and decided to go with the more "drowns" with an audience in mind. Thanks for your input though. I do appreciate the feed though ya'll. Easy...
thespook View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote thespook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 6:00am
flow is bananas but to be honest it sounds like you recorded this in one take. maybe the quality just sounds trebleish to me. 
- Spook
rapdisup View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 10-20-0
Form: WWWWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote rapdisup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 12:59pm
Aite ima clear this up Beat is repetitive but listen twice to this track an tell me wud you want tha beat different? tha answers no,tha hook as woods says is repetitive,once agen ima answer...I bet ya remembered tha lyrics? this track is exactly wat it was ment to be imo good delivery,good flow an lyrics an i think tha hook was simple so tha audience remembers it which makes a track noticable or forgoton therefore this was nice keep doing this Kon 
The Dr said it can't be beaten,I replied it 'can-sir'!

It aint over till I Rapdisup
Veteran
Veteran

The Sovereign

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote I-kontinue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 3:59pm
Spook, the quality got lowered when I transferred the track to youtube. I'll see what I can do about that. If a guy I'm speaking to from Atlantic likes it, (gave me props for Never Said, but said it's too long for a radio track... I might cut out the talking at the end and let the beat fade earlier), we'll re-record so it's radio ready. I haven't really told anybody of these connections, but yeah, I'm not the type to sit around doing nothing with these tracks. Lol... This ain't high school anymore... I hate wasting time. And yeah, rap understands what I was tryna do.

Thanks for the feedback.

Edited by I-kontinue - 14 January 2010 at 4:02pm
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 6:55pm
Can't say I appreciate some of the content, a la 'king of the south' material...and crown mention in the hook, but then I'm not the target market so fair play I guess...some of "oh, yeah, naw, giggling" stuff in the verse was borderline annoying, but was passable

On the plus side, the flow and presence in the verses is pretty sick...diggin' the beat, and I thought the hook was pretty good concept, I'd maybe turn the effects up and try it with just that on its own and see how it sounds...I reckon the effect would be better at a slightly higher volume, but that might be my headphones...otherwise, I liked it...thought it worked

But yeah, you can see you are starting to step up...and it's good that you are thinking about the audience, but you're going to be judged by higher standards than what some people on a forum think...so maybe take our opinions with a pinch of context Big smile
thespook View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote thespook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2010 at 9:01pm
fosho. can u plz post lyrics
- Spook
Veteran
Veteran

The Sovereign

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote I-kontinue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2010 at 3:03pm
Yeah, standards will be higher, and some not even necessarily higher, but "different" (like the southern references.) And man, you're very correct about the content. I have no problem taking those out, but if I'm trying to only please L.A., I might as well not even reach out to any connections in this industry. There's certain things they look for, and I'll do what I have to do (while keeping my standards) for them to see me... Just like with any job interview or position. A new track is getting produced as I type this. Lol... Thanks for the listen.

Ha, here's the lyrics spook.

Yeah,
If ya doubt this, fall back. Ikon ’bout that
Tryna hold cheese, hold cheese like a mouse trap
Got no grill, still money where my mouf at
Lotta fake cats real pissed that I chose rap
Heh, That’s just how it goes Jack
They see-real like the type in a bowl, I
Made up my mind, everyday I gotta grind
Like skates on a line when ya watch how I roll facts
Facts. Take notes when I roll
No skateboard, just heart and a soul
Part of my goal, go hard on the globe
Ya’ll lookin’ wack. Real wack like a mole
Ha, and I drop like a pro
Somethin’ like a hurricane/bomb when I blow
Think I lost some control, if ya wanted to know
I’m the king of the south, only 20 years old, let’s go

Oh, they want me slow it down
Tell me DROWN, tell me DROWN all because I hold the crown
What, they think I’m ’bouta DROWN
What they telling me is DROWN, what they want me do is DROWN
Can I DROWN? Can I DROWN? Can I DROWN? Naw

Yeah,
I’ma star at least
Haters talk slick, put all at peace
Oh, never far from the cheese
’Cause the boy is a beast puttin’ bars to the beats
Oh, and the fall that steep
Level so high, ask God where I sleep
Naw, can’t soar to my peak
Unless you have wings and you eat from a beak
Ha, niggas want me to cease,
But I can’t ’cause I’m something like a boss in the streets
I’ma walk, ya’ll creep. Tall on my feet
Never ever stop, don’t it sound so sweet
Yeah, no doors like a Jeep
Drop sixteens, don’t drown ’cause I’m deep
Yeah, for my dogs in the streets
All of my peeps, the broads and the freaks, let’s go

Yeah,
Now they holdin’ they breath ’cause the flow shows depth
Roll with the best nothing more or less
Yeah, tryna go for the checks cause I’m po’ and I’m stressed
But I’m cold with the text
Yeah, from throat and my neck
Comes most of the quotes that I wrote at my desk
20 years old, ya’ll slow, gettin’ left
’Cause I hold the respect of the pros and the vets
Heh, I suppose I’m the next
Know that I’m blessed and I’m over the rest
Like a muthafuckin’ bird I’ma soar to the nest
Niggas all from the hyped east coast to the west
Ha, but the South where I rep
The home that that I kept and the zone that I slept
Southside, it’s the crown that I get
Niggas “study me”, but they don’t wanna “test”, lets go

$n00z View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 11-7-0
Form: WWLWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote $n00z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 10:49am

damn didnt know you had this one up here. i heard it on ya myspace page tho. but since you always gimme feed imma do the same. the beat i wish was a lil crunker. like more commercial. far as the hook, some may say it was a lil repetetive but i liked it. in the industry people like hooks they can catch easily an repeat witcha and this is one is one of those. as far as lyrics, lyrics were on point and tite. your flow and rhyme scheme reminds me of somethin jigga mite drop. delivery was on point. only thing is you coulda maybe used a lil fluctuation in your voice. but other than that very tite. good ass track. let me know what kinda feed you got from shoppin it around. one thing that i've always liked to listen to is down south niggaz that can actually spit and flow and you're one of those. but good solid track. i think its more of an album track but if you switch the beat i think it could be a nice single.

be easy mane

ps-do you make your own beats???

U already know...
Veteran
Veteran

The Sovereign

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote I-kontinue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 2:49pm
Ha, wasn't expectin to see this in New Posts. Thanks though man. I've grown so much since these tracks. (Practically a year now) People probably wondering where the new tracks are at cause it's been a while, so I'll say it here... Reason ya'll haven't been hearing tracks from me is I'm working on a mixtape, and rather than releasing them right after they're done, I'm getting many done and then promoting them... Cause when I do one track and promote it, seems like I go at a slower pace... Anyway, I have unreleased tracks people will love if they like Never Said. I'm gettin' inspired and influenced by classic shit nah mean. Lol. I don't just listen to music, I'm analyzing every single aspect of how my favorites do it. So yeah, It's the "quiet before the storm" period for me. Thanks again though.
$n00z View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 11-7-0
Form: WWLWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote $n00z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2010 at 3:29pm
Word a year? Damn thats whats up, yeaa buddy ready to hear dat new new lol. I feel ya on the waiting thing. I did that last time and I got comfortable an it took me like forever to finish. Kept startin and stoppin. But Thats what Im doing wit this new album. Then Imma do the Govt type copyright and then hopefully some ascap or somethin lol. But speakin of albums, check ya email. I put that thang in there. PM me or Email me and let me know whatcha thank. Be Eazy Mane!

Edited by $n00z - 14 June 2010 at 3:31pm
U already know...
J504 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Stats: 25-0-0
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote J504 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 June 2010 at 4:54am
I-kon, that was good shit, man. My only real criticism of it is you really didn't seem relaxed and into it in alot of parts. I think if you performed it more, got comfortable with it, got into it more then it would be fire.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic