Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Manc View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 82-4-2
Form: WWWWNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Manc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MANCHESTER GRIME - Blizzard holdin' it down
    Posted: 04 August 2011 at 2:04pm
Kids 16 jus turned. I remember him when he was 8 years old - and he was battling guys in their late teens & 20's - droppin em left right n centre

Anywayz - this is GRIME - Manchester style!!!!............ Enjoy

Kiki Spirez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 68-26-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kiki Spirez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 6:53pm
I love it, the best bit is his delivery, it's so clear. He doesn't stop his accent and doesn't slow down, but instead doesn't get sloppy and breathes well. That's one of the big problems of Grime these days, can't tell what the fucks going on so just listen to the flow.
Manc View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Manc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 7:01pm
yea, it defo helps that the beat isnt loud.
Plus - the Manchester accent is very abrupt and with the way we pronounce words, we don't have the ability to stretch words and make words sound different than the way we say em - which is unlike most other British accents, and the majority American accents.

He's good though. He's been at it for years now and started at such an early age - plus, his uncle is no other than Shiftz - who is BIG on the Manc grime scene
Kiki Spirez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 68-26-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kiki Spirez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 7:30pm
Good luck to him. Loved that he was rapping about nicking bikes and shit instead of getting people killed haha.. Nothing worse than a talented young rapper talking about shit that's beyond their age..
Point Blank View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 92-27-5
Form: WWNWWN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Point Blank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 7:40pm
So this is your son?
Manc View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Manc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 7:55pm
lol nahhhhhh. My sons 9. Blizzard is 16. Blizzard has been spittin & battlin' since he was 8 tho
Point Blank View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 92-27-5
Form: WWNWWN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Point Blank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 8:00pm
Haha I'm kidding, he's definately got a lot of potential to be succesful. He had impressive lyrics with a good delivery, his accent was understandable too, unlike some other northern accents!

'I make hits like I am the guy that takes control of an auction'...lol, nigga, the word is 'auctioneer'
Manc View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Manc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2011 at 8:03pm
hahahaha yea he's decent and potentially great

control of an auction' was his multi - duhhh LOL
$n00z View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: The Dynasty

Stats: 11-7-0
Form: WWLWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote $n00z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2011 at 5:20am
Clap LOL Dude is nice. He 's really gon be tuff as he grows and he started out young so skys da limit. Now Manc ok, I saw yall comments up top an was wonderin what exactly is grime?
U already know...
Manc View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Manc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 August 2011 at 12:11pm
Okay - 'Grime' is an evolutionized version of a mixture between hiphop/dancehall/UK Garge (which is basically fast paced rap).

Check out Youtube and search for 'Drop it like its hot Grime remix'. I dropped a SICK 16 over that a while back - but never recorded it properly. Maybe if you wanted to drop suttin over it some day, we can get an over-seas UK/USA collab goin on it. That'd be dope as fuck avin Manc & $n00z on a track!!!! lol
$n00z View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote $n00z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2011 at 3:46am
I checked it out on youtube. I listened to somethin called"drop it like its hot uk grime riddem". That shit go hard as hell. Shit, I'll write somethin for that. I like rappin fast but do it very rarely.
U already know...
Manc View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Manc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2011 at 12:14am
Shweeeeeet!

I reckon it'd be better to adlib some shit till between 20-24 seconds into it - then at around 25 I'll come in until around 56secs, when you'd come in. Then the next verse will probly come in around 123ish (cuz theyre pretty shorts bars between breaks) Itd be good to get sum of your lads on it too. And it'll probly be better me doin my bit n sendin it to you - cuz I aint got the facility to master - if thats suttin you can work out. Lemme know $n00z

http://youtu.be/4xXcQy5BNIs
$n00z View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote $n00z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2011 at 9:19am
Yep that would be fine, jus lemme know when
U already know...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic