Audio Mic: 'Straight Split' (Produced by Cee Jay)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Kiki Spirez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 68-26-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kiki Spirez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Straight Split' (Produced by Cee Jay)
    Posted: 19 April 2013 at 4:02pm
So yeah. I've been thinking of taking on audio in recent times. All I have at the moment is a programme that Cee pointed me to, and a crappy mic that's built in to my Netbook, like, you don't have to mention the quality, cos it took me ages to edit to even make it this cohesive haha 

I don't know whether I can be arsed to get a proper mic, so what i'm looking for with this experiment, is whether you think I have a flow that suits audio, rhymes that suit audio, whether my delivery is alright, what you think of my accent on a mic.. You know.. And be harsh as you want, cos to be honest, if you all say 'it aint your thing', I won't lose any sleep, i'll just think 'ah, that's why I never did it before, that's why i'm a textcee, i just saved on 60-120 quid'. 

I'll appreciate any feed. 

http://www2.mixposure.com/Kiki_Spirez/ - My 'site' with the song on. I suggest cos of the quality and my accent, you follow the lyrics as you listen.

Lyrics-

LYRICIST INC..

Yeahhhh.. 

Test 1,2,3.. How do I sound? 

It's Ki, from LA.. 

Thanks to Cee for this..

Join me, this'd be poignant if I gave a fuck, 
Cooking up stuff like a chef, but I bet your luck- 
Runs out, puns shout, 'i'm the illest', but no way, 
No hate, but it's swings and roundabouts, so go play, 
No gate can hold the soul that engrosses LA, 
Costing the flows, cold - that's what most of them say, 
Knowing their day, well I got the calendar booked up, 
Above you, I make you the first dog that looked up, 
You fucked up, taking on Ki, is your hate through bitch? 
I bowl down sublim's, and make him an eight 2 split, 
You've got a grave to dig, you went close to the wire, 
With your fantasy flames, eight's smoke without fire, 
I'm meant to be higher, look at this flow for a start, 
I wrote with a spark, whilst hope is breaking ya heart, 
Breaking the part, you came out of your character, 
Stay out you cunt, don't think I won't manage ya'..  

Don't play with LA boy, Don't play with LA boy, Don't play with LA boy.. 

Don't play, Don't play.. X2

Now i've got big hype, i'll have a bitch like- 
'He spits nice, and rips tight even on a shit mic', 
So get right, and stop tapping the unmovable force,  
It's like I get on my F1, and you're using a horse, 
It's music of course, don't take it in too deep, 
Hip hop wakes you up, it doesn't disturb your sleep, 
Now i've heard your weak, taking up moral highground, 
Call me Texas Plant, the way my shit blows up and you dive down!

Wow.. 

But on a serious note, you know, RIP to everyone that got killed in either the Boston or the Plant.. 

But come on man, grow up, it's music, it's rap, it's punches, roll with it..  

Acid View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 2-4-0
Form: WLLWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Acid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 4:53pm
Does the song show up on your Mixpo wall or what? I cant see the song on that page, or is it because Im on my phone?
Cee-Jay Outlaw View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 3-3-0
Form: WLLWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cee-Jay Outlaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 4:56pm
Not bad my dude... props for the shout out on this... 

Firstly from my point of view.. the track was a little too loud on the project on mixcraft... maybe 85% volume and 100% audio would sound a bit nicer as the snare obscured some words every so often, it happens its fine... the rhymes to me was tight and flowed nicely on the beat, you definitely have the voice for the mic and the accent is fine as far as i'm concerned for the mic too... delivery though will only come with time... some more emphasis on your end rhymes and a bit of oomph to say the least, to give that bounce to your audio... 

in all for a first time audio, a fucking great attempt... the only thing you really need to work on is your mic presence as to some degree it got a bit monotonous with the delivery... but that comes with time.
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cee-Jay Outlaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Acid Acid wrote:

Does the song show up on your Mixpo wall or what? I cant see the song on that page, or is it because Im on my phone?

yeah its the phone dude... i tried getting it on my iPhone and couldnt...
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kiki Spirez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 5:03pm
Might be cos it's on your phone man. 

And thanks Cee. Yeah I need to get to grips with the volume levels and such, think I was concetrating so much on making a shite mic sound like it wasnt so shite, that I didn't give other things enough attention. I think my delivery was down to two things, the first that i'm based in singing, not rapping, so I gave it a continuous melody for a lot of it. The second kinda links in with the first.. Confidence. This is the first time i've ever spoke in to a mic and recorded it, I was unsure of what my sound was, and wasn't even sure if I could do it. 

Appreciate the productive feed man, and i'll work on everything you've said, great beat btw (i'll say it again)
Kosmosis View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 11-15-1
Form: WWLLNL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kosmosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 5:33pm
Cant see on my phone but is excited ablut peeping later
Receiving backhanded compliments from Orion since 11-28-13.

Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cee-Jay Outlaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 6:34pm
Even though this is Kiki's verse could people listen and comment on the beat i produced aswell please :)
DressToKill View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 78-62-0
Form: LLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 6:39pm
Ill check this later on a computer. I only got my phone as of right now
The original comeback kid
Split Eight View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Split Eight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 7:52pm
if this was a diss track written about me, for thinking anyone who keys Boston bomb punchlines-- THREE hours after my friend gets a ball bearing shot through her mouth, my friends moms gets her legs amputated, and 140+ people are otherwise injured with warzone-esque injuries-- is a tasteless cunt trying to be the most avant-garde douchecanoe...

congrats. you're still looking like a faggot. exemplify it, even
far as I know we've been blacklist, for as long as the Earth rotate on a twenty-three degree axis
Kay B View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 58-32-0
Form: LLWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kay B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 7:54pm
This ain't bad though my first point is that either your too quiet or the beats too loud, may just be the mic though...but otherwise your flow seems abit off at the start of the verses and slow sounding, but when you speed up a bit it flows a lot better, don't really think the lyrics or your voice suited the beat (bad producing haha nah j/p) i think you needed a more slowed down beat that didnt sound like something lil john would scream YEAHHHHHHH over, overall not bad for your first? Definitely potential, you'll get hate, but hey it's LA all we see it hate lol

As for the beat it was nice cee 
BIG GAME View Drop Down

Stats: 29-4-0
Form: WLWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BIG GAME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 7:57pm
What up Ki?
I took a listen and i got to say the production needs a lot of work, but you know that. I would advice you to maybe turn the mic up a tad bit, and the beat down a tad bit ... not much but both need that small adjustment.

But we know Dre didn't produce this so ...

for the delivery i like your flow, you seem like you have much potential. Your accent really isn't that strong, you must be English rather than British or some shit? I dunno, your accent just doesn't seem as strong as most I've heard. But yea, you stayed on point with the flow though it seemed a couple of areas could have used a couple more multis and tighten the flow up.
For your voice you have a smooth voice for this but the problem is that you sounded like you were sitting back with your feet kicked in the air when you recorded this. I think next time you should get more into it, Put some more emotion and aggression into it, put a little roar into your voice here and there and don't be afraid to get loud as it is better than quiet.
So yeah overall, nice delivery though I couldn't hear most the actual words because of the production. Flow was on point with like I mentioned a couple of small off points.
The voice is the biggest deal I have here. Your voice can work out real well with this, but you have to speak up and use more energy.
Stay up
BIG GAME View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BIG GAME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 8:03pm
Ooo yea, nice beat Cee, got anymore?
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cee-Jay Outlaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 8:03pm
got a few dude... but i tend to keep them to myself and LI :)
BIG GAME View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BIG GAME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 8:10pm
ah, that's kind of weak I mean there are millions of beats out there for free. I just was just looking for one style in particular that I have been on the hunt for that i wondered if ya may have.
But after that kind of attitude I wouldn't even want to use your beat.
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kiki Spirez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 8:10pm
Kay, thanks for the feed man, yeah, still getting used to going over a beat you know. And to be honest, my accent is made to speak slow/more laid back, so maybe I need to groom my style around that, and adapt to what comes naturally. 

Split- On a humanitarian/personal level, I feel for you, and if you'd said 'man, I thought this crossed a line', I would've either spoken to you on the thread, or said 'I'll PM you mate'. I would've explained why I felt it was fine, my views on music, and you would've said your piece. If you would've still been like 'nah, its not right', I would've apologised for how you felt, and said 'alright, let's leave it then, we won't bring it up again, if you look at me in a different way from now on, then that's how it is'. 

BUT. As a member on this site, coming from that view.. You're a bitch. 

So you read my piece for a fair while (I saw you when I was checking active members, and I thought, 'oh, maybe split will give me some significant feed for once'). Then, you not only don't criticise the piece directly, you not only don't get at ME directly, but you make a vague thread with a title that could only be at me. 

If you're the kind of man, as you are a member on this site, maybe you should've pushed some of those people out of the way and fucking done everyone a favour. 

Don't come with fucking sublims at me you pussy made little cunt. You offended? GET AT ME. 

Smooth is from Boston, he said straight away, 'it was borderline, but I know you're a cool dude and you wouldn't mean anything by it'. Exo did the right thing and ASKED me, I cleared it, and he said 'fine'. 

I think in music, ANYTHING is fair game, if it's done as wordplay. Because wordplay isn't personal, or making social comment, it is what it says on the tin. So when I say 'crossed the finish line, and still die', I'm not commenting on the situation, the people that did it, the people that died.. I am creating an impartial analogy to get a reaction on a rap site. 

And no, this wasn't a diss. This was just a jab, and if i'm going to do my first audio, I wanted it to be about something i'd want to personally speak on. And the fact that you did that bitch move, when i'm one of the most approachable, genuine guys on a small community of people.. Pissed me off. 

Please, do us all a favour (you're not voting, really dropping feed, or dropping much yourself).. FUCK OFF. 

Rant over. Not talking about it anymore.
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kiki Spirez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 8:14pm
Thanks BG. Appreciate the honest feed man. To be honest, I recorded this in my room, chilling with my netbook in front of me, on my bed, laid back. I think I held back on the energy and volume, cos I was afraid that on a shit mic, you'd not be able to understand what I said, regarding clarity. But I understand everything that you think I have to improve on, and I agree. I have got a strong voice, being an actor, it's trained to be strong and loud, but this aint acting, its something that isnt my day to day job, so I think I just have to translate that confidence in to this. 
Manc View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 82-4-2
Form: WWWWNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Manc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 8:21pm
I had a good listen to this Kiki - I actually think you've got a similar tone to Mike Skinner. Some people don't necessarily need an aggressive or loud approach - but I see BGs point about your volume and mic presence. Mic presence isn't suttin that comes straight away - it has to be worked on with most people who rap. Snoop couldn't find his rap voice until Dre took his audios and auto-tuned parts so that he understood the emphasis he had to put on his rhyming words. Funny but true.

The second verse seemed to be off timing quite a lot - but I know you're a huge Em fan so you can pick up a lot of pointers from him on flow timing and also on rhyme emphasis - cuz I feel like that's what you're missing. This was a great first try though - takes a lot of balls to put stuff out there that you know will be getting criticized. The fact you're an actor will put you in really good stead for things like that. So in conclusion - I personally think you need a lot of work, though I also think you genuinely have huge potential. Good shit bro - and just to let ya know - I'm proud of you for this. LI MUTHATRUCKERS !!
BIG GAME View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (2) Likes(2)   Quote BIG GAME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 8:22pm
Yea Split you are acting like real pussy about this whole Boston thing.
We are all effected by it, but don't bring your little crying and bitching here, don't nobody have to respect your feelings.
I guess the next time you make a punchline about the Iraqi war, or Viet Nam, or the Korean War, or Ted Bundy, or Charles Manson, or fat people, retards, and on and on and on ... you need to consider all of the people you're hurting with that punchline. The mothers, sisters, father, and brothers who were killed or lost loved ones through them tragic events.
Man, get the fuck outta here with that bullshit! Yes it sucks about Boston but shit happens like that in life, it's inevitable, get over it and keep it moving. Running around LA crying about it aint helping a damn thing! I'll tell ya that for a fact!
If you are so impacted about it, write something to your defense! Not bitching and crying like a little queer, but do an audio or text about it, I mean that is what this site is all about right?>

Jus saying, you acting like a real faggot right now

Plus you came in here with this I'm an AOL troll and everything is funny to me persona and now we're all spose to feel sympathy for you?
Fuck out of here pusssy!
Manc View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 82-4-2
Form: WWWWNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Manc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 8:28pm
Yea Split - this effects all of us in different ways. For instance - I can't even go near a pressure cooker now without thinking it's gonna explode and spray the remnants of last night beef stew all over me. That shit makes a muthafucker nervous Unhappy
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kiki Spirez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2013 at 8:31pm
Dave, you know I appreciate those words. I love the Streets man, and maybe that's the kind of shit I should go with, cos my background is singing, but i'm not a singer, I love rap. I'll go for a slower beat next time. The reason I went with the one I did (as well as it being dope to me), was that Cee had shown me two, one is fucking beautiful, but he'd put some proper work in to it, whilst this one, he'd knocked up in no time at all. So I thought, if I was going to mess about with this, i'd never ask to do it on the fully done beat. So that's a p.s. to you all, when you judge the beat, Cee knocked this up in no time, this aint even close to the finished article, i've heard that, and it's fucking dope as fuck. 

Back on to the feed.. Lol.. Yeah man, the flow thing, I still need to get on top off. Cos I have a flow in Opens, but flow is clearly a different thing in Audio. I think I have to start simple, then see if I can cross over my Open Mic form in to the Audio. Appreciate your support man, and you know i'll do anything to add more and more to this crew. 

I've shown more balls that some would. Middle of a tourney, and I have my first half arsed crack at an audio.. That's a punchline waiting to happen.. But good, you guys use that.. It'll make a change from the same name plays LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic