Author
DressToKill View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 78-62-0
Form: LLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Audio Snippet
    Posted: 20 April 2013 at 5:28pm
http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=12281785&q=hi
First of all, I am brand new to audio. Even hearing myself on the mic is different for me let alone editing a track, lol. I just wrote a little "freestyle" to a beat on soundclick and recorded myself. So if anyone has any tips/pointers I am using Audacity to record. So lemme know, folks.
The original comeback kid
Manc View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 82-4-2
Form: WWWWNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Manc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2013 at 5:33pm
Ive also used Audacity to record. I'll check this when I get home bro n give you my honest opinion. Looking forward to it
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2013 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by Manc Manc wrote:

Ive also used Audacity to record. I'll check this when I get home bro n give you my honest opinion. Looking forward to it

Awesome, thanks fam.
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2013 at 7:21pm
Anyone else?
BIG GAME View Drop Down

Stats: 29-4-0
Form: WLWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BIG GAME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2013 at 7:32pm
I listened,
It's very short so there is not a whole lot to go off of.
I think that this does show that you have good potential to do a nice audio though!
I'd say your levels are all good with the software, but not the tone of your voice. Not that you have an annoying rap voice, I'm just saying that you need have better mic presence. That is what i have noticed with a lot of people, they are missing one of the main parts of the ingredient, mic presence! That is when ya almost become one with the mic. Ya got to have the headphones loud and be standing or at least on the edge of your seat, not afraid to raise your voice. You are not only relaying lyrics, you are also rapping, being that last instrument.
In the beginning ya kinda reminded me of Vanilla Ice ...lol... no hate, it was just because of your mic presence.
You already know you are a brilliant writer so your lyrics are always going to be on point.
I'd say, try a complete audio. Write a track with a DTK swag just like ya do your OM's and record it with better mic presence.(more energy, emotion)
Tip: Audacity has a timing problem as far as I can remember, so every time you record a track, ya need to back it up like a tenth of second or some shit, same with Krystal.
But not bad overall, shows that ya definitely have potential.
After hearing this, I can definitely see you recording a dope track.
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2013 at 7:40pm
Thanks a lot, man! I know I need major work and that'll come with comfortibility on mic. I just feel almost awkward atm, probably just the awkwardness of hearing yourself and having certain expectations of yourself. Good looks on the advice/feed
Kosmosis View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 11-15-1
Form: WWLLNL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kosmosis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2013 at 7:48pm
dude you got a great voice, great rhyming, and idea of rhythmn/timing...

this was dope to me!
Receiving backhanded compliments from Orion since 11-28-13.

Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2013 at 7:53pm
Thanks a lot, Kos! It's a different feel for me
Manc View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Manc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2013 at 7:54pm
Ok - if this is your first try then you should be proud, cuz it was pretty decent for a first timer. You went off time a bit with your flow, but cutting out certain words so that it doesn't sound like you're forcing your flow, and practice, will make all that fall into place. You also need to put more oomph into it. Your presence is lacking a bit cuz you basically rap at speaking volume. Your tone is fine - could understand you for the most part - and majority of the time, your flow was there. There were just a few parts where you went off a bit but that's expected for your first time trying it.

If you can rap along to an Eminem track without going off beat - then you have the potential to perfect your flow.
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2013 at 7:58pm
Thanks, Manc! It's great to get some positive feedback. I wasn't sure what to expect to be honest. I'm going to try and drop a full track in the next couple days, hopefully ill improve a little.
Manc View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Manc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2013 at 8:04pm
It WILL improve. Practice makes perfect bro. Plus - it's not often that people who rap can spit suttin for the first time having not done that particular verse before - and get it spot on. Ya need to practice so that you can clearly sound out your emphasis words and so that you can get the tone perfect. Nas is perfect to listen to so ya can see how tone works when you rhyme. He can use a rhyme words and 4 lines later, rhyme that word with suttin the same tone, so that you know thats what he was rhyming with cuz he has a lot of complex schemes in his tracks. If that makes sense. He's my fave to listen to to get me in the writing mood.

You'll end up practicing the same lines over and over till you get it right. N then theyll just come out perfectly without effort, cuz it becomes second nature. Keep at it bro
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2013 at 8:11pm
I'm a huge Nas fan myself as well. I get what your saying by saying he has a complex flow, really complex lyrics to accompany them to
Jams View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 3-5-0
Form: WLLLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Jams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2013 at 10:02am
nice drop dress....nice with multis and im glad to see you getting on board with audio.. I just got a new mic and downloaded audacity as well... there are some really helpful youtube videos for mixing if you just type in audacity tutorial or somethin like that..the daydreamin cover I made was not mixed but just rapped and I let the second take slide because I re-rap as I write so often that minimal mixing is required with proper breath control.. but def do the youtube thing, as I work on my second track it makes all the difference when you need to put emphasis into a line to be able to catch a fresh breath and spit it
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2013 at 1:38pm
Will do for sure, man. Thanks a lot!
Kiki Spirez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 68-26-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kiki Spirez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2013 at 10:13pm
This was nice man, good first attempt, you know from my thread that I know how you're feeling with the 'fuck this is awkward thing' of hearing yourself back. 

You seemed hesitant and choppy at the start of the verse, flow wise, but soon got in to it, and the lyrics couldn't be doubted, some nice multi's. 

Keep going with it dude, we'll grow in this shit side by side haha
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2013 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by Kiki Spirez Kiki Spirez wrote:

This was nice man, good first attempt, you know from my thread that I know how you're feeling with the 'fuck this is awkward thing' of hearing yourself back. 

You seemed hesitant and choppy at the start of the verse, flow wise, but soon got in to it, and the lyrics couldn't be doubted, some nice multi's. 

Keep going with it dude, we'll grow in this shit side by side haha

Well definently have to stay on point with each other! I'm sure we can make some progress, haha.

Thanks Keeks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic