Author
DressToKill View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 78-62-0
Form: LLWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First Verse Of A Track
    Posted: 22 April 2013 at 2:16am
http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=12284085&q=hi&newref=1
This is the first verse of a track I'm working on, I haven't edited the vocals whatsoever. I also know that the last line of the track is off flow, I'm working out the kinks to it as we speak. I would just like some feedback, thanks.
The original comeback kid
BIG GAME View Drop Down

Stats: 29-4-0
Form: WLWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BIG GAME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2013 at 2:44am
Not bad at all, nice flow. I would say do a dub and just hit the last couple of words at the end of every line. That would tighten it up.
You have the audio at fairly decent levels right now, whatever isn't comprehendible at this moment should be able to be cleared up with a dub track which will add some emphasis to the words. Not bad though, actually a pretty good verse, just the way you kinda dropped your voice at the last word every 2 bars are so, sounded a tad repetitive to me. That's a big reason for why I think it needs the dub. But yea, I'd definitely keep working on this track if I were you.
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2013 at 2:46am

Like I said, there is zero editing. But I will continue to work on this, thanks dude!

Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2013 at 11:01am
uppin
Kiki Spirez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 68-26-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kiki Spirez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2013 at 11:16am
Nice flow/beat man, around the point of 'i was told to feed my inner angel' the drop in the beat made your presence on the mic really sick. 

You definitely have no problem with delivery for me. Just still got that last hint of 'i'm not too sure' in your voice, but that will go when you get in to it. 

Good second effort dude.
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2013 at 11:34am
Thanks, dude! Appreciate you listening
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2013 at 6:41pm
Anyone else?
BIG GAME View Drop Down

Stats: 29-4-0
Form: WLWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote BIG GAME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2013 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by BIG GAME BIG GAME wrote:

But yea, I'd definitely keep working on this track if I were you.

^

I hope you didn't take that the wrong way.
I meant it like, "Yea keep this going, you're getting somewhere with this one".

lol, not like

"This needs A LOT of work!"
spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2013 at 6:56pm
Is the link working ?lts throwing me elsewhere
Might be my phone its usually ok on soundclick though
Will have a look when I get to a pc mate

Manc View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 82-4-2
Form: WWWWNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Manc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2013 at 7:15pm
Nice shit Dress. I can see you improving quite fast. Shawns right about the layering. Dub it and say the rhyming words on there own, but use a different tone and pitch. Itll make it sound meaty.

Ive just set up audacity but my mics shit. Im gonna give it a crack tonight I think
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2013 at 7:24pm
@BG - no offence taken, man. I got what you were saying from the start

Spume - sounds good, dude. I appreciate it!
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote DressToKill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2013 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by Manc Manc wrote:

Nice shit Dress. I can see you improving quite fast. Shawns right about the layering. Dub it and say the rhyming words on there own, but use a different tone and pitch. Itll make it sound meaty.

Ive just set up audacity but my mics shit. Im gonna give it a crack tonight I think

Thanks a lot, Manc! I'm working on getting more comfortable. LA is gonna be on their audio shit!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic