Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Point Blank View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 92-27-5
Form: WWNWWN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Point Blank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Skeleton Ki
    Posted: 17 July 2013 at 6:42pm
Just gonna rip Ki with a quick Key...

You don't wanna swap lyrics with me if you're in it for beef
I'll leave you hanging by a thread off of the skin of your teeth
It's easy to see that no one's weaker than Ki
This actor 'can't remember his lines'? That's funny, cos neither can we!!
Drops nice pics with his verses but still wack as an artist
This Dr.Who fan couldn't be 'out of this world' if he was trapped in the tardis
So stop frontin like you're hard cos mass destructions on the cards
I'ma leave you chopped up ...
...just like the structure of your bars
My punches leaving scars as I wreck him with ease
You know the 'joints' I drop are tougher than an elephants knees
So why you steppin to me? Have some respect for PB
Or you'll be going fucking nowhere when I break your skeleton Ki
Nothing on your CV but tons of foolish credentials
Just lookin at that uni you went to would prove that you're mental
And I'ma steal that girl you like cos I'm one hell of a charmer
How the fuck you gon 'attract her (a tractor)' when you dress like a farmer
You say I'm 'tired'? Yea I am, of the same old shit...
I'm sick of reading your tame punches everyday son cos they don't hit
You've been here long enough to know that you're wack kid
Totally hopeless at battlin' and thinks he's dope cos he's active
He's a joke and a faggot, we know this lyricist lacks threat
He couldn't be involved in a 'killer play' if he auditioned for Hamlet!
Nothing flows in his verses, his persona is worthless
So I'll leave Spirez crashing and burning like explosions in churches...

Edited by Point Blank - 17 July 2013 at 6:56pm
spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2013 at 6:54pm
Ha ha lmfao
Yo done up a nice one here point
Dress like a farmer...got im
Hamlet was word perfect
Well this exchange of shots is entertaining if nothing else

The_Guy View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 16-12-0
Form: WLWWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The_Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2013 at 7:55pm
Nice drop pb... had a Good flow and there some Good punches and shots thrown here...decent response to ki...nice choice for the title as well
The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2013 at 8:38pm
Great flow and some really nice punches. I liked the skeleton key line. That was crack. Very consistant and read smoothly throughout. I have been enjoying these open mic drops going back and forth between you guys. 

I do have one bad critique to this drop, I know you said it was a key anyways so prolly why you didn't catch  it but the attract her wordplay was kinda forced. The wordplay itself read smoothly but as a whole it doesn't make grammatical sense IMO. 

"How the fuck you gon attract her when you dress like a farmer"
"How the fuck you gon a tractor when you dress like a farmer"
^^ reading it that way doesn't really make sense to me.. what's it mean when you "gon a tractor" 

Either way besides that little input, the drop was dope. Structure of his bars line was nice also. 
Go my Minions!

-Orion- View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Crew: Renegades

Text Rank: #1
Stats: 90-4-1
Form: WWWWNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote -Orion- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2013 at 9:01pm
Damn...bOss
. . . Now who said they fuckin' with me?
They just said that FUCKIN' with me
They didn't mean it
Nah . . .
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2013 at 9:49pm
That was ballin'
Trizzy Tre View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 30-7-1
Form: WLWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2013 at 10:45pm
Bawse!!! (Rick Ross voice)

Oh fuck...lol harsh shit FAM. The opening bars were sick

fuckoff View Drop Down

Stats: 27-6-0
Form: WWWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fuckoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2013 at 10:46pm
flow/delivery was sick 

Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Point Blank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2013 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by The Law The Law wrote:

Great flow and some really nice punches. I liked the skeleton key line. That was crack. Very consistant and read smoothly throughout. I have been enjoying these open mic drops going back and forth between you guys. 

I do have one bad critique to this drop, I know you said it was a key anyways so prolly why you didn't catch  it but the attract her wordplay was kinda forced. The wordplay itself read smoothly but as a whole it doesn't make grammatical sense IMO. 

"How the fuck you gon attract her when you dress like a farmer"
"How the fuck you gon a tractor when you dress like a farmer"
^^ reading it that way doesn't really make sense to me.. what's it mean when you "gon a tractor" 

Either way besides that little input, the drop was dope. Structure of his bars line was nice also. 

Thanks for the comments man, good to get some criticism now and then aha. Yea when I was first writing it I just left it as attract her but when I read over it again I realised it sounded like a tractor which linked to the farmer play and I couldn't really be assed implementing it properly so just left it as I did aha.

Cheers for the feed everyone
Kiki Spirez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 68-26-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kiki Spirez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2013 at 11:11pm
I liked this man, very direct, and the flow complemented a lot of the lines very well. 

Laughed at the tractor play and the 'remember his lines' bit, funny that in my whole time here, no one's made that reference haha 

Good response bro, been on my phone all day, but had a 40 min train journey to jot down a couple of bars, so I got you.
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2013 at 11:13pm
What's up PB, I thought this was an enjoyable piece broseph. My intelligence quotient hypothesizes that this wasn't exactly a legitimate keystyle, more so a quick write of concepts you had brainstormed. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.  I enjoy how strict you are with your multi rhymes, gives it a smooth touch that some rappers around here are slack on. I enjoyed how you approached this diss from several angles with metas/similes, and a variety of other literary devices. One thing I disliked throughout the verse was how blatantly you spelled out the wordplays. To me that came across like a crossword puzzle with the answers lightly stenciled, completely takes the fun out of reading for wordplay with it's made so obvious. It's as though you're catering to morons and I feel that people should have to work to comprehend the dopest parts of the verse. That was the only theme I disliked throughout the verse, now I'll break down so quotes that I felt deserved a comment/critique.

"Or you'll be going fucking nowhere when I break your skeleton Ki"
Felt the 'fucking' was out of place. I know you were trying to keep the syllables balanced but I feel adding profanity that adds little to the line is almost lazy and could definitely be ironed out. I realize that this was a (semi) keystyle but best not to create bad habits for yourself.

"How the fuck you gon 'attract her (a tractor)' when you dress like a farmer"
Although, as addressed by Law, this only made sense in one context, I feel the worded was dope enough for it to stand alone. It would obviously have a tremendously increased wow-effect if it were to have two segregated meanings but I don't have a problem with it how it was. Read more as a line alluding to a tractor in relation to dressing like a farmer then it did as an intentional double entendre. 

He couldn't be involved in a 'killer play' if he auditioned for Hamlet!
Alongside the tractor line, the elephant joint line, and whatever other ones I'm forgetting, these are examples of lines I feel would come across as being more memorable if the wordplay was was in quotes. You word things well enough that the reader should be able to figure it out, and when you allow someone to figure it out on their own it will be much more memorable to them.

Last thing I'll mention, I really enjoy how you stray away from played rhymes schemes and use unique multies. Solid piece broseph, take care.
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2013 at 11:22pm
I think it's partly to do with the emphasis you place on the phrase in a punchline though, I get what you're saying from traditionalist perspective and really I agree with you...but I guess he's imagining rapping it saying KILLER PLAY so putting something to emphasise it punctually is fair enough...

Quality feedback though, Nigs is in the place
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2013 at 11:26pm
Originally posted by Cuba Cuba wrote:

I think it's partly to do with the emphasis you place on the phrase in a punchline though, I get what you're saying from traditionalist perspective and really I agree with you...but I guess he's imagining rapping it saying KILLER PLAY so putting something to emphasise it punctually is fair enough...

Quality feedback though, Nigs is in the place

That's the difference between audio and text IMO, and it all boils down to personal preference.

Knew I was forgetting something, 

"Nothing flows in his verses, his"
I really liked some of the little things you were doin too, you don't always always need multis, sometimes small assonant repetition does the trick nicely.

Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Point Blank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2013 at 11:31pm
Yea Nigma is clued up for sure, I respect your opinions. Cuba hit the nail on the head really, it's merely for emphasis and delivery, although I completely agree that it's not needed since this ain't audio. Nobodies ever really picked up on it being an issue but if that's the case then I'll stop doing it. 
CHAIN View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Reigning Open Mic King

Stats: 8-4-0
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CHAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2013 at 5:33pm
Point is the truth

Keekz you cant fuck with him lol

I actually liked the tractor line.
+Sick-Witted+
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic