AshleyKaos View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Voter of The Month

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 28-63-3
Form: LWLLNQ
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *SO COLD* ACAPELA SONG/RAP
    Posted: 22 December 2013 at 9:54am
NUMBER 1 FEMALE MC TILL THE DEATH OF ME
Standard Member
Standard Member

Voter of The Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2013 at 10:21am
just fyi when this track starts off ith singing thts not the way the whole song is I rap the versus nd sing the hook which is only like 3 lines so dnt clik out before u even give it a chance to actually start playing
Standard Member
Standard Member

Voter of The Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2013 at 7:45am
I would be so happy to get feed on this dnt be to harsh though if ya do i get nervouson the mic and my equipment is shit all i have is a webcam thats shity but i still would like an opinion or two i put this up a minnnute ago lol....
Flossaurus View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 22-9-0
Form: LWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Flossaurus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2013 at 7:59am
Yo I would def leave feed on a webcam, believ dat.
Allow me to retort, you cowards is just learnin the shit we been teachin
Standard Member
Standard Member

Voter of The Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2013 at 8:12am
No im saying it effected my sound quality cuz im doin it off a shitty web cam but u shuld still listen nd give some feed if yaa wanna :)
JBrenn View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 40-26-0
Form: WWLWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JBrenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2013 at 3:30am
Dont sing through or speak through your nose… you sound nasally you need to project using your diaphragm. 
Standard Member
Standard Member

Voter of The Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2013 at 4:20am
i kno i hate it other than tht u think its ok?
JBrenn View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 40-26-0
Form: WWLWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote JBrenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2013 at 5:35am
you need to work on flowing… not making weird raises in your tone to show rhyming let the snare carry the beat and hit your hymns on that part the best example of this i can give you is J cole and jay z they have the style that i think would fit you more… until you learn mic presence or get a better mic. good luck ash.
Kiki Spirez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 68-26-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Kiki Spirez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2013 at 2:22pm
I liked this. 

Had its major positives and negatives, but i'm assuming you're new to audio/don't quite have the equipment, like myself, so I understand where you're coming from. 

First off, I liked the hook, the flow, and the feeling behind it. I liked that your voice, when on key, was quite bluesy, like an Amy Winehouse feel, which isn't the direction naturally for most girls, so props for that. 

The bits that have to be addressed.. Firstly, the nasal thing, which has been mentioned. I can tell that you haven't just got a nasally voice that can't be helped, cos some of the chorus was clear. It's just a case of opening your mouth, working your diaphragm and making sure you take decent breath. And like I said, I struggle with audio, so its not the case of me lecturing. I just have a lot of voice training in acting, and there's stuff you can do to help. 

Before you record, do some tongue twisters, starting off slow, then getting faster, trying to keep your sound clear and precise. It's also important to 'bounce' the diaphragm. Before a performance, I jump up and down, with my body completely loose, and let out a 'HA', right from the pit of my stomach every time I hit the ground. You'll notice the freedom vocally that you reveal with practice like that. 

Well done.  
Cee-Jay Outlaw View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 3-3-0
Form: WLLWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cee-Jay Outlaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2014 at 8:38pm
the hit on the nasal vocals were true 

ki pretty hit the nail on the head with what he said dont get disheartened keep it going!
Zinaii View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 47-27-10
Form: WLNNNL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Zinaii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2014 at 9:15pm
Betta then ur otha shit. U need to memorize ur lyrics sounds like ur reading....the singing was passionate im not a singer so i cnt judge it....u need to rap on some beats to get used.to rappin on a tempo n not speedin thru
J504 View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Stats: 25-0-0
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote J504 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2014 at 9:35pm
Ok, so I'm saying this assuming you are serious and not trolling...

Based on this audio, you seem to be a diamond in the rough. I mean, this is way better than your other audio and I see tons of potential with this style. So let's start with what needs work...

Your tone and vocal stylings... As pointed out, too nasally and trying to do too much vocal styling. Also, without much experience, accapela is not a good idea. You're out of tune in some areas and perfect pitch in others.

If you keep singing this over and over tho, you be able to find the right key and vocal stylings to use. Practice indeed makes perfect. You have a really nice voice and the singing/rapping combo can work well. If you've ever heard Karmin before, Amy from that band has mad skills at it even if you don't respect the pop appeal. She's what Ke$ha wished she could do.

You would greatly benefit from a vocal coach and a mentor. If you're serious, take vocal lessons ASAP. If you had somebody with an interest in you and a knowledge of the biz on a starting level you could do some things in a few years. Vocal lessons first and foremost, you need to fine tune what you got. There's definitely a market for what you're trying to do here.

That's not actually you in your avatar tho, right?
Adrenalyn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 1-0-0
Form: W
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Adrenalyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2014 at 9:36pm
i tried to listen to this but my dog kept howling.. xD
fuckoff View Drop Down

Stats: 27-6-0
Form: WWWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote fuckoff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2014 at 9:51pm
you get alotta hate ash but keep at it. and get a mic if you wanna progress.
Standard Member
Standard Member

Voter of The Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2014 at 9:58pm
Yes that is really me in there i Ppreciate the feed as well thank u and i am very seriously but ii just recently became so. ive been doing this for awhile now thinkiing its just a hobby but ice realuzed its what i love to do . but yea thnk u
nd fuk u adrenalyn lol
Adrenalyn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 1-0-0
Form: W
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Adrenalyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2014 at 10:43pm
i kicked my dog out n listened to it, then i played a couple of beats in the background, could make a dope remix out of this. keep it up ash, shit was bumpin.
Standard Member
Standard Member

Voter of The Month

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2014 at 11:23pm
Yea ? lol u should tryn make a beat for me u too goose or collab on one..and where wuld i go to buy a mic? what atuff do i need to make music lol
key3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 1-5-1
Form: LLWLLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote key3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2014 at 12:53am
I'd say with audio you gotta preform your lyrics. so the emotion you are trying to express when you write something down, is there when you record. its easier to do when you memorize your lyrics. cuz if you don't have your lyrics memorized you could end up messing up on saying the lyrics and have to record over n over and through that loss the original emotion cuz frustration...so yea it takes some acting skills. not act as in act like another person just act like you feel a certain way to get the best vocal recording for example a hype track I bump erry now n then is das efx - real hiphop (peterock remix) peep in and think to yourself how bland it would sound if they just read there lyrics listen to the energy they bring. another thing you could do is listen to acapellas of songs that have beats for them you hear theres a tone of emotion to go with the lyrics adding to the type of vibe they are trying to give off to the listener....hope this makes sense...now watch dis nigga grow arms---> Hug  swag
Crow View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 0-8-2
Form: LLLLNN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2014 at 5:21pm
I love how raw you go at it. keep it real chick. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic