Open Mic: The Freestyle's For Free (Part 2)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
King Canarsie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 0-1-0
Form: L
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote King Canarsie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Freestyle's For Free (Part 2)
    Posted: 04 January 2014 at 1:34am
THE FREESTYLE'S FOR FREE (PART 2)
By Mike Anderson

I'm rap's Scully with my multis, lock the doors as I fry bullies
And split them like bananas, they're all coming from Atlanta
I want the world title, then my lyricism's vital
More dope than methamphetamine, with Alex Mack's style
You're all scared to give me the time of day
Call me Donald Trump, first-class, my rhymes pay
Playing suckas out like a flute, or better yet a harp
I will explain it all like I'm Melissa Joan Hart
My writing is defining, so McRobb and Viscardi
Can leave the TV business, 'cuz I'm cooler than your party
Never underrate the rap king of Canarsie
Befallen tragedy, and it's worse than Judith Barsi

ANNOTATIONS
My mulltisyllabic abilities are held in high regard and are legendary, much like longtime Los Angeles Dodgers announcer Vin Scully. ("I'm rap's Scully with my multis")

Atlanta has only one world championship (Braves in 1995) and several of their teams have been unsuccessful in doing much of anything. ("......they're all coming from Atlanta/I want the world title")

A reference to The Secret World of Alex Mack. I have just as much style as her. (".....with Alex Mack's style")

A reference to the lack of feedback I get for my Open Mics. ("You're all scared to give me the time of day")

I'm comparable to Donald Trump because of how successful my rhymes make me. ("Call me Donald Trump, first-class, my rhymes pay")

This is pretty obvious. Just a way to transition into the next rhyme. ("Playing suckas out like a flute, or better yet a harp")

A reference to Clarissa Explains It All and the actress who played Clarissa. ("I will explain it all like Melissa Joan Hart")

I continue the references to the golden age of Nickelodeon. Will McRobb and Chris Viscardi were most famous for creating The Adventures of Pete and Pete, which many consider to be the greatest Nickelodeon show of all-time. But my writing defines a different kind of lyricism, defines who I am, and will define a new era in hip-hop. So they can suck on that. ("My writing is defining, so McRobb and Viscardi/Can quit the TV business.........")

Another reason why they should go: I'm more entertaining than any party you'll ever throw. (".........'cuz I'm cooler than your party")

When I'm underestimated, I go insane and kill another MC. It's more tragic than the abuse and eventual death of child star Judith Barsi. So don't cross me. ("Never underrate the rap king of Canarsie/Befallen tragedy, and it's worse than Judith Barsi")

Edited by King Canarsie - 04 January 2014 at 1:41am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic