Open Mic: The Dad Nobody Knows

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RedNosePit View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RedNosePit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Dad Nobody Knows
    Posted: 02 February 2014 at 5:06am

RedNosePit:

Dad's in a blurr of served scotch, he turns into a hurt sob
I've observed from afar, behind the curtains in the dark
With each gulp his speed slows, those evil seeds grow
I get to see the death of my hero, depressed and tear soaked
Dove into a sea of sheer loathe, unable to swim to shore
Cloaked in a focused war of regrets and unspoken stress
He trys to clear his throat but knows it's a hopeless quest
Consumed by he's sons mistakes, awake late at night
Weight of two on worn shoulders, he's begun to blanket light
Adapted to hate and misfortune, strain, and daily torture
Captain savior is waivoring in his ability, ran out of resources
Walking around in humility, tough as nails, but to be short lived
He's growing older in age and his body just won't support it
He's pushed past forty having withstood smashed bones
A crash known to a few of the locals, he could've passed on
But when superman meets steel he just heals and trots on
U.N.L.M. View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 23-15-0
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote U.N.L.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2014 at 5:24am
With each gulp his speed slows, those evil seeds grow
I get to see the death of my hero, depressed and tear soaked

^This bar was dope as hell...loved it..especially the follow up with "dove into a sea of sheer loathe" great wording right there...

I quite liked it...literally the only thing that caught my eye, in terms of criticism, was that "he's begun to blanket light"..for whatever reason, that phrase isn't sitting right with me...I can't really say why though...Still, the rest was really on-point...Thought the captain savior line was very good and the closer was fitting as well...Enjoyed it immensely, well done. 

edit: Just wanted to add, cause I didn't notice before, that I love when the title fits perfectly with a verse. I thought the title and content of the verse was great. 
H4ZE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: eNtiTy

Stats: 4-6-0
Form: WWLLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote H4ZE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2014 at 6:09am
I thought this was dope af. The wouding was on point through out the whole verse and you had dope milties and internals. I really dont have any critisism on this piece.

My favorite bar was either the one unlm quoted or this one.

Adapted to hate and misfortune, strain, and daily torture
Captain savior is waivoring in his ability, ran out of resources 

I thought that bar was dope af. Keep up the good work bruh.
Beans View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 95-24-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Beans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2014 at 6:19am
Just read a bit... I'll give you my feed when I wake up... But shit I read was dope red.
1-2 Season 1 Final Champ
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RedNosePit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2014 at 9:51am
Aight @ beans.

U.N.L.M.
I appreciate the feed dude. The blanket light was meant to mean he has been accustomed to negativity and pain for so long...when what little good does come his way he shuns it away, pretty much figuring if he embraces it something bad will follow and outweigh any good.
You're right though I probably could have found a clearer way of wording that for the readers.

Glad you enjoyed it.
I only hope others see I can indeed do something besides braggadocio
Although this is NOT my only topical out...I think some of them got lost when I posted too many at once in the beginning.
*shrugs*
yung-screw View Drop Down

Stats: 0-3-0
Form: LLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote yung-screw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2014 at 9:55am
That was awesome, a very fun read
Flossaurus View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 22-9-0
Form: LWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Flossaurus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2014 at 12:03pm
Fuckin dope shit right here
Allow me to retort, you cowards is just learnin the shit we been teachin
spume corrupt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 20-7-1
Form: WLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote spume corrupt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2014 at 6:08pm
Really liked the rhyme scheme here Nosey; This drop was nice and descriptive with some really cool choice of vocab...... I thought you made a good job here setting the scene 0verall
Well done with this
Walking around in humility, tough as nails, but to be short lived
He's growing older in age and his body just won't support it

Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RedNosePit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 February 2014 at 6:36am
Good looks spume
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RedNosePit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2014 at 6:16am
Up
Zinaii View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 47-27-10
Form: WLNNNL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Zinaii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2014 at 6:20am
This was a deep emotional short read but it had a lot of power to it. Sum poetic shit here. Two lines that stood out for me were the first two the way they flowed smoothly and wat u were saying were just ill as fuck. Anutha line that stood out was cloaked in a focused war that whole bar there was sick i ppreciated the vivid imagery very realistic my dude. Stay up
Rapper T View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Stats: 22-27-0
Form: LLLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rapper T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2014 at 8:39am
I liked this drop RNP, reminiscent of my old man. The sob/dark rhyme in the opening bar took some different pronouncing to have it rhyme imo, that bar could've been sculpted better. I particularly liked the blanket light line cos I like things I don't understand and it made me think.

Cloaked in a focused war of regrets and unspoken stress
He trys to clear his throat but knows it's a hopeless quest

My favourite bar cos it held in it some sort of deep truth I could relate to. Passed on/trots on felt like it could have been a more creative closer too but overall this was a cool drop. Keep elevating.
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote RedNosePit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2014 at 8:53am
Served Scotch and hurt sob were what was supposed to be rhymed in the first line.
Observed from afar and curtains in the dark were supposed to rhyme in the second line.

So just to clearify hurt sob and curtains in the dark were not meant to rhyme.
I know you were probably looking for both end rhymes to correlate..
but I rhyme inner with end rhymes a lot...many times leaving my end rhymes not matching.
If I were to rap this to you...it'd be clearer.

In any case I really appreciate the feed and I'm glad you enjoyed.
If I see anything from you in the open mic I will indeed rtf and review ya drop.
Rapper T View Drop Down
Suspended
Suspended

Stats: 22-27-0
Form: LLLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rapper T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2014 at 9:15am
I was trying to pronounce in US accent n sob n dok rhymed well lol, clear to see the inner/end rhymes now too. Stay up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic