Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Blissful Barrage View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 20-5-0
Form: WLWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blissful Barrage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forget A Keystyle
    Posted: 14 July 2014 at 5:42am

…Put up any lines, I’ll match you bastards

They’re done now throw ‘em to the Lions…Matthew Stafford

Tired of these tough guy personas and when they retracing they statements

LA’s resembling Catfish: The TV Show there’s so many fakes in these pages

If you throw shots at me they’re subliminals that aren’t profound at all

If I throw shots the scene’s painted red and your brain is slithering down the wall

I don’t box for change but I’ll clock you lames you’ll be up then down like stock exchange

So it’s not Louis V Millionaires or Ray Bans when I’m talking rocking frames

My style is terminally ill beyond the healing touch of physicians

And yours is benignant, check out the juxtaposition

Going against me your life flashes before you it’s not long that it ends

And it doesn’t make you more photogenic when I snap your limbs

Weapons gripped fast and I won’t let you slip past as I let go a sick laugh

I’ll open a big gash on you that drips fast with blood as I attack with a pickax

Texters and me are not the same and any comparison y’all got fail

If you thinking you’re my tie (Mai Tai) you must be sipping rum cocktails

Applauding readers posting votes ‘cause I got thought provoking quotes

Only time you could hear cheers is when proposing toasts

You can get a nicer whore right on board that you might afford

But only time you bag a chick involves buying a Michael Kors

I prey on these kids when I’m staying relentless

A few of my punches will have you laying defenseless

Y'all are some of the worst, see how could your bars hurt me

Only holding Mead binders are your writtens five star worthy

Some boasting's soft and failed flow is off, I perused your text

And you're not Mikael Prokhorov so you failed to move the net
Nigma View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Elision

Topical ChampOpen Mic of the Month
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Nigma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2014 at 5:54am
really fresh read. got that old school type of flow and stuff thats a style of your own, really complimented this well. whole intro was really solid, buncha quotables in there. i liked the juxtapose line. photogenic / snap limbs line coulda been touched up, multis in the pickaxe line stood out, good imagery and word choice. same with the stock exchange line, really liked the flow in that one. mai thai line seemed a tad forced too, a little tweak woulda made it stand out imo. ending also solid

enjoyed the read, seems like it was a quick write kinda, just a few lines below what the expectations other lines presented. dope verse regardless.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blissful Barrage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2014 at 2:09am
Thanks for the look, Nigma..
Freeda5thDawg View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 5-1-0
Form: WWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Freeda5thDawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2014 at 8:51am
Pretty solid verse. I thought you kept your punchlines pretty fresh and original for the most part. The flow felt more appropriate for something like face to face, acapella battles but besides the pickaxe, juxtaposition, and Michael Kors rhyme sets, a lot of it either lacked rhythm or lines were too lengthy to have a steady pace. A real cool display of skills and flexing some battle raps though. Very much enjoyed it. 
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blissful Barrage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2014 at 5:50am
Appreciate the feed on this then , yeah...
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Blissful Barrage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2014 at 9:24pm
Oops, bumped it. Some last feed would be appreciated, thanks.
Point Blank View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 92-27-5
Form: WWNWWN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote Point Blank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2014 at 9:29pm
Yea I liked this man, it's good to see you back writing. Some clever plays in here and technically you're a very good writer. I think your main strength is wordplay based on people's names in battles, sort of like you did here with the Mai Tai bar, you're one of the best at that sort of thing. Your verses are always entertaining, it'd be good to see you drop more man
Trizzy Tre View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 30-7-1
Form: WLWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2014 at 9:30pm
Damn Bliss, you are killing the punchlines in this one. Its one after another.

The set ups to each really helped the impact of the punch, no to mention how origianl each of them were. Thats something I've really noticed about your barz, the angles are completely fresh...then you throw your own spin on it and BAM the punch hits even harder. The flow was spot on too...

Solid verse bro
Sirius View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 1-3-0
Form: LWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sirius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2014 at 10:09pm
Loads of great set up and punches and wordplay here. Plenty of variety and clever concepts. Props on bringing all of these elements to the table in one drop. I agree that there are plenty of quotables but also agree that the length of some lines disrupts flow. I was really liking the flow and multis when you dropped this bar:

Originally posted by Blissful Barrage Blissful Barrage wrote:

Weapons gripped fast and I won’t let you slip past as I let go a sick laugh

I’ll open a big gash on you that drips fast with blood as I attack with a pickax

Overall great delivery and a refreshing read.

Red-B View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: eNtiTy

Stats: 2-0-1
Form: NWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Red-B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2014 at 10:17pm
This is a really nice verse here man was a good read definatly, had some good wordplay In here and non directed punches that caught my eye, flow was smooth and had a different feel to me, also schemes where pretty good overall good read and I'll check out ore of your stuff
Keep up and stay blessed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic