Audio Mic: An Attempt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
m1k3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote m1k3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: An Attempt
    Posted: 25 July 2014 at 7:44pm
I never recorded an audio piece.  I don't have the correct equipment and I have no idea what I'm doin', but here it is..

https://soundcloud.com/mbison-3/evil-quatrains

I form evil quatrains, torture from the Renaissance age
pressin' hombres 'til thier body is concave
welcome to the mindset of hip hop's enclave
beyond brave, hand feeding tigers chopped steak
in the Sunderbans, a place where humans are entrees
" donde ? " A thousand miles east of Bombay
I leave cities destroyed like Pompeii
mouth is Mount Vesuvius, even when I'm blasè
This is metaphysical work
I don't give a shit what you're worth or how your AK's itchin' t' burst
drop a dope written or burn
I transform rappers to cinders in urns etched with their definitive words
Ransom View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 2-0-0
Form: WW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ransom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2014 at 8:40pm
Hey man this is a start and a good one at that... nice multis and good choice of beat.. you audio is pretty clear... The most impressive thing is you never got off the beat for a first time thats rare.. man just keep at it... 
~Lyrical Death Dealer~
"The Mike Myers of Papyrus"
nigerchu View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Hunger Games

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 3-6-0
Form: LLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nigerchu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2014 at 9:20pm
Well, you did better than me! LOL

This was good for a first time and the lyrics are nice. Maybe it's just my headphones which are a little old, but I think your voice is a little low. Did you low the volume of it? Rest of it is fine and you should keep at it. Stay up.

Peace.
HUNGER GAMES
m1k3 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote m1k3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2014 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Ransom Ransom wrote:

Hey man this is a start and a good one at that... nice multis and good choice of beat.. you audio is pretty clear... The most impressive thing is you never got off the beat for a first time thats rare.. man just keep at it... 

This means a lot coming from you.  You're very experienced when it comes to audio work.  Thank you.

Originally posted by nigerchu nigerchu wrote:

Well, you did better than me! LOL

This was good for a first time and the lyrics are nice. Maybe it's just my headphones which are a little old, but I think your voice is a little low. Did you low the volume of it? Rest of it is fine and you should keep at it. Stay up.

Peace.

Thanks for the feedback..  and yea, my voice may be a little low.  I backed up from the mic a little bit for that recording, but I have my vocals and the beat separated in the software I use, so I could make the vocals louder.

SwordedStylez View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 3-0-1
Form: WWWN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote SwordedStylez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2014 at 11:42pm
Dude this was actually pretty nice. You rode the beat ok, could be a little more charismatic with your delivery, really push it into those drums and put some style into it. Your rhymes were tight, funnily enough one my end the production was pretty good (on monitors) I'd say a touch more compression (Maybe at 4:1 ratio) with a slight gain boost, then as a post insert on your output channel a bit of stereo imaging to give your voice more room to breath and I think this'd be a very solid first track. Props.
Music

Ink - Always remembered, never forgotten (as a fake as fuck piece of shit who tried to steal 2 persona's)
Skep View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 1-1-0
Form: LW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Skep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2014 at 12:08am
Originally posted by Ransom Ransom wrote:

I co-sign this, there is really nothing else I can really say!!! Everything will come with experience. Keep recording, and fuck around with mixing, only way to know the nooks & crannies.
KOTD Contender
Live Battle Artist
The True Audio Champ
Verbal Assassin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic