Open Mic: Trying to Turn the Tables on Racism

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ghul View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ghul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trying to Turn the Tables on Racism
    Posted: 14 August 2014 at 1:44pm

I grew up ‘round too much clownin’ in a town with racist people.

Place is lethal for any race of people unless your face is equal.

It’s straight evil yet they chase the steeple ‘nd angels keep low,

And He knows, He don’t see no equal in these bros who steep low.

I see folks in white hats who dislike blacks, I might snap.

I might stab you political hypocritical dicks with a mic jack!

I fight back, you go to church then throw a curse at a black youngin’.

I’ll tan ya with cans of paint ‘til ya change, reverse Mike Jackson kid.

Sun kissed black ‘nd Jack, ya see the accostin’ hits hard.

This the dark life, strife ‘nd dark nights with a cross in your yard.

How’s it feel now to deal? You reel from all the threats ‘nd

All the questions, they’re all depressin’, when’s this mess end?

Media pestin’, speed to ya testin’‘bout “bein’ the first black to”-

Do this ‘nd earn that too, baitin’ hate by referrin’ back to-

The fact you ain’t white, we ignite racism by talkin’ ‘bout it.

2014 ‘nd we slippin’, trippin’ over it cause we can’t walk around it.

*Spoken Outro*

What does white and black have to do with it?

People are people, race shouldn’t be brought up.

It’s 2014, we’re all equally American!

I’ve been a witness to this shit for too long.

Zinaii View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 47-27-10
Form: WLNNNL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Zinaii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2014 at 4:25pm
This was a dope social commentary piece right here; I liked this shit a lot. You came out strong and focused. The mike jackson line and the youngin line kind of read awkwardly; but when you got past that; you got right back focused and threw some dope ass lines; shit i was even thinking about one of them. Bein the first black to; that line i was like damn; that shits true. And thats what you wanna do in a piece like this u wanna make ppl think so u got your point across. I loved the emotion u showed in this to. Overall man this shit was awesome ill be keeping my eye out for your om's
nomedic View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Hunger Games

Stats: 35-25-0
Form: WWLLWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nomedic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2014 at 5:07pm
Politically this was globally relevant theres only one part i diidnt like Nd Zin highlighted it other than that this was a sick piece flow was off the charts and multis aswell especially your internals fam in your opening bars one part that made me crack was the "first black to" idea it pisses me off we all human beings if aliens come here to destroy the world they wont destroy whites nor blacks but humanity as a whole lyrically this was solid homie good shit
Ghul View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ghul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2014 at 5:39pm
Thanks guys this stuff has bothered me for a while so I really wanted to voice my opinion on that. I understand you guys on the Jackson line, to catch the flow you almost have to read "Jackson" as two separate words and stress the "son" syllable, but you obviously wouldn't get that through text. I appreciate the honest feed guys, thank you.
Point Blank View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 92-27-5
Form: WWNWWN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Point Blank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2014 at 7:11pm
I really enjoyed reading this man, your closing two bars of the verse in particular were really powerful. The flow was smooth as fuck throughout and your rhymes/internals were really impressive. Good job Ghul
Ghul View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ghul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2014 at 7:28pm
Thanks a lot Point, you're one of the top writers on here so I am happy you even noticed this, much appreciation and respect.
Ghul View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ghul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2014 at 2:21am
Bump
H4ZE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: eNtiTy

Stats: 4-6-0
Form: WWLLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote H4ZE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2014 at 2:48am
I read this earlier man it's dope asf. Flow was sick all the way through. It was on some real shit and it sent a very powerful message, you killed this, your multis and internals are always dope asf and you impress me every time. I could feel the emotion you put into this. Dope piece man fr.
Keep writing and stay blessed man. Peace.
Ghul View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ghul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2014 at 6:34pm
Thanks H4ZE, I appreciate it
The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2014 at 6:44pm
Great drop from you ghul. 
Definitely a powerful piece that held a great flow. Your internals really made it for a smooth read from start to finish. I really liked that mic jack line as well.

On the critique side, there was a few slips up on the rhyme scheme and a couple off multi's in your internals, but nothing that affected the verse too much as far as the flow went. The youngin end rhyme didn't do it much justice, and you rhymed low as an end rhyme twice back to back. 

Definitely a nice verse from you though. 
Go my Minions!

Ghul View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ghul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2014 at 9:42pm
Thanks for the honest feed Law, I love that you told me what I can do better as opposed to just saying it was dope, thank you. 
nigerchu View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Hunger Games

Stats: 3-6-0
Form: LLWLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote nigerchu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2014 at 9:59pm
Nice drop, Ghul. Content had obviously some passion, I culd notice that you wanted to talk about this. Rhyming wasn't dope, but still good, and the flow was good too. Some lines in there really showed the true shit, dope. Overall, nice work. Stay up.

Peace.
HUNGER GAMES
Trizzy Tre View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: EMPIRE

Stats: 30-7-1
Form: WLWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Trizzy Tre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2014 at 10:21pm
Ghul....this was an all around great piece. By far from anything I've checked from you this was your best. Very impressed with your flow and how you deliveried the verse line for line. Lots of emotion in there and worded nice. The opening set of barz started it off real smooth flow wise and it kept on from there.

Well done man.
Ghul View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ghul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2014 at 12:39am
Thanks Tre and nigerchu, I appreciate your feedback
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic