Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dougysnuggy View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 13-11-5
Form: NWWWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dougysnuggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just finished this beat
    Posted: 15 February 2015 at 4:22am
https://soundcloud.com/douglas-ryan-pennell/fuck-you-mr-garrison

Let me know what you guys think. Have only gotten positive reviews but I am looking for some critique.
Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Stats: 8-9-1
Form: LWLLLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2015 at 5:19am
haha well ill drop feed since im a maniac when it comes to having my beats perfect im very picky. So first off, i love the beat components. Good drum pattern. I think the claps could be cleaner they are a bit abrasive maybe a little more on the low pass would help. The saw at the last verse would have been nice throughout the whole beat. One thing it really lacks is a bassline, this track really would be on a whole nother level with some bass in it. All in all, I give this a B- to B. Good work bro i could definitely spit on this.
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dougysnuggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2015 at 5:32am
Yeah, I'm not too good with Basslines. I really get confused trying to put them over the drums. But Im getting better each time I go to make a beat. But thanks.
Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Stats: 8-9-1
Form: LWLLLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2015 at 5:43am
No prob and tbh I don't even know how to make a good bassline I've only made one beat so far and it was mediocre at best and not even classified hip hop. But i definitely know what a good beat sounds like and with a few adjustments this one has real good potential
virginiaslimsworld View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote virginiaslimsworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2015 at 11:57pm
It's missing something. The intro was too long. After the first couple of seconds I was looking for the beat to drop. It has potential, I just think you need to sit back and figure out how to make it sound more "full," if  that is the right choice of words.
http://virginiaslimsworld.com - Free Giveaways for Independent Artists
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dougysnuggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2015 at 2:21am
Fuck you guy ^

Bumping for any more feed?
Shankley View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Kratos Kind

Stats: 37-43-1
Form: WNLWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Shankley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 February 2015 at 11:11am
First of all virginia is a girl, thought you'd like to know...

Secondly I'm not an audio head but to me it sounded alright the high notes (not sure if that is the correct term) to me were a little too high almost to the point where it puts you off listening. If you could tone that down a little, it'd be a whole lot better. The beat overall was nice, good job Doug. Thumbs Up 
The Amount of Fucks given: Zero
dalinquent View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 29-23-1
Form: WLLLWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote dalinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2015 at 5:47am
this was surprisingly better than i expected... you have sum real potential... i don't particularly like the structure of it, nor the melodies but as a producer, i appreciate the craftsmanship to it... keep at it
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dougysnuggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2015 at 5:38pm
Elaborate a bit more? 

This is the type of feed im looking for. 
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote dalinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2015 at 7:02pm
well, like i said, i appreciate the work that went in but as far as production goes, you have to consider what the intended use is... what avenue are you producing for... if its going to be for rap, then the melodies should be made with intent to accompany a vocal. The vox should be considered because in the finish product, it is what really has to shine... most vocal clarity lay sumwhere around the 1k frequency so you should having too much goin on there... and the highs need to be toned down a bit as well... As far as the structure goes, it was too random forme to imagine a song to it... all music have movements but most the time, they are based on strategy. for instance a 4 bar intro to build suspense before going into a 8 bar hook then settling after that in a 16 bar verse.. the structure will come with time tho, jus listen to songs and try and decipher the structure of them... the best thing you can do is study the kinda music you want to produce and try to recreate the sound... pay attention to the instruments they use and so on
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dougysnuggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2015 at 8:01pm
Thanks a lot for that. Im really looking for advice like THAT. You seem to know what youre talking about. And I kind of need a mentor. Are there any beats of yours I could listen to? And perhaps personally get more advice from you?
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote dalinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2015 at 10:47pm
I have sum older work that is available on soundclick
www.soundclick.com/ayepeezee
I have more recent work on soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/quentin-themusicman-barber

as far as being a mentor, i have alot going on right now but if your willing to wait a week or so, i can probably help you out... how would we communicate tho?
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dougysnuggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2015 at 10:49pm
I followed you on twitter. 
Standard Member
Standard Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Dougysnuggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2015 at 10:52pm
god damn these beats are nice
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote dalinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2015 at 10:58pm
i dont have access to my twitter... ill try and get it back tho
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic