Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dalinquent View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 29-23-1
Form: WLLLWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote dalinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sal - Red Velvet Cake
    Posted: 02 March 2015 at 5:05am
Sal
Red Velvet Cake

https://soundcloud.com/quentin-themusicman-barber/sal-red-velvet-cake

The story behind this track is that I wrote this track while I was finishing my last mixtape as one of the promo songs for the next one. That was a year or so ago give or take a week or two. The mix is incomplete but it's still one of my favorite pieces to date. Hope you enjoy
barrybondz View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 0-1-0
Form: L
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote barrybondz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2015 at 5:10am
I think this could be a sick track, I mean its mix is unbearable. I can't hear a word you're saying it is so diluted into that instrumental and I have better headphones than most people. I can't even imagine what this would sound like on my phone.
Titu View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 47-19-0
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Titu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2015 at 11:23am
Not bad at all my man.  It just needs to be mastered so we could hear the lyrics properly. Maybe turn up the vocal's volume aswell

Fuck That Fat smelly cunt Donald Trump, a racist asshole who is fucked in the head.

Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote dalinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2015 at 11:27am
Unfortunately the files are all in my mac that died so I have no means of fixing the mix as of yet... one of the reasons I decided to release this
Geeza View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 2-3-0
Form: LLWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Geeza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2015 at 3:26pm
love the instrumental, like your voice too really fits the style. The flow seemed a little off during some points. but ignoring the mixing, sick track man, i love it. If you ever got 100% let me know man, serious, i'd pay for this if it was mixed well.
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2015 at 3:31pm
This was decent. Had a nice feel to it. The beat was pretty dope and u got a good presence. Would be  good to here a more polished end product though. That would be dope.
#bananas
Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Stats: 8-9-1
Form: LWLLLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2015 at 6:04pm
Imm not gonna rant about the mixing as you said your mac died and lost the files I too feel your pain as the PC with alot of my old songs crashed and Ill never get to remaster them. Dope flow, lyrical content was good. I don't think the mix is as bad as everybody said, the vocals are just really low compared to the beat. I still understood almost every word you said i think it's a great track and definitely a fire beat
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote dalinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2015 at 8:03pm
I appreciate all the feedback and the time spent to leave it... unfortunately, outside of equalizing the specific frequencies that contain my vox, this is as good as this will get unless I decide to record again which I absolutely hate or I change the motherboard in my computer. I have been producing and working on sum newer material for e.p./mixtape that I'm still putting details together for so I may be releasing new music in the weeks to come.

Mission, I'm truly sorry fit the lost of your pc. No one should have to experience such lost. 
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner
Speaker of Wisdom & Truth

Stats: 3-4-0
Form: WLLWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2015 at 9:40pm
Sup Dal, nice to see you active again.

Looks like you've elevated loads since the last time I heard your stuff, well done.
Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote dalinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2015 at 9:52pm
sup Scott, it's nice to be active again... Props on the feedback as well, how are things?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic