Audio Mic: "Walk" - EL1TE (Prod. by Mr. KDN)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Elite View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: eNtiTy

Audio Rank: #3
Stats: 5-0-0
Form: WWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Elite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Walk" - EL1TE (Prod. by Mr. KDN)
    Posted: 11 March 2015 at 10:42pm
Really emotional track for me, tribute to my parents. My Mom is the strongest woman I know in this world, and I know my Dad would feel the same, so I made a track to show my love for them and how I grateful I am to have had them. This will be on my next independent album, Long Nights. I hope you enjoy, thanks.

Elite View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Elite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2015 at 10:42pm
Lyrics (Sorry for the double post, lyrics were on my phone and I posted from my laptop.)
When I was younger, i was never as ambititous as i am now
It was hard growin up with a single mom and no father round
I really miss him, and it makes me sad that i rarely show it
Cus tho i remember him, i was too young to truly know him..
being 6 and seeing your dad pass, talk about a rough patch
in a conscious state of mind, theres an empty void, and i need him back..
If you got it twisted, please loosen the knot
Because no matter what, losin a parent is losin a lot..
Whenever i see him in a picture, or better yet in my dreams
Its a happy state, and the best movie couldnt write the scene..
So when i see these kids, angry with their parents and yellin
It really wows me and makes wonder how you could be so selfish

Parents are the only ones who are there for you
And care for you, the only ones with the intent to ensure that your successful too
So while your hangin out, drinkin n smokin with your friends..
Just remember your creators, and be sure to walk for them...

I learned from my sister that my father never liked rap
So if i told him my love for hip hop, i wonder if he'd like that
Its hard to get support without the man of the house
A sons true best friend, the one who helps him when hes down and out
I have flashbacks at times, so far back that my mind goes
Like when id ride in the passenger side of his blue Bronco
And when i see my mom cryin, it shocks me how she is so brave
I just wanna cry every time i visit his grave..

So i say, walk for what you believe in
Walk for all your dreams
But just know you wouldnt be walkin at all if it wasnt for them..

If it wasnt for them..
If it wasnt for them... x2

Parents are the only ones who are there for you
And care for you, the only ones with the intent to ensure that your successful too
So while your hangin out, drinkin n smokin with your friends..
Just remember your creators, and be sure to walk for them...

So i say, walk for what you believe in
Walk for all your dreams
But just know you wouldnt be walkin at all if it wasnt for them..

If it wasnt for them..
If it wasnt for them...

The Law View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
God of the Minions

Battle Royale Champ

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 64-8-8
Form: LNWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Law Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2015 at 11:18pm
Dope shit elite, Liked the beat and you had a nice delivery and flow in this, 
It was deep/meaningful, and hook was nice as fuck too. 

I really like this track from you and it's def. AOTM material. 
Go my Minions!

Titu View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 47-19-0
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Titu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2015 at 11:20pm
WHat... A... Fucking... Gem!!!

Dope shit.  This track was very raw and relateable.  You totally killed it.
And i agree with law,  AMOTM!!!  Everything on thia track is flawless.  Well done
Fuck That Fat smelly cunt Donald Trump, a racist asshole who is fucked in the head.

Elite View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Elite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2015 at 11:21pm
thanks boys, really appreciate the feed on this one.
Rutter knows best View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Crew: EMPIRE

Text Champ

Stats: 44-12-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rutter knows best Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2015 at 11:59pm
This was dope. Massive propz elite. The beat and chorus were perfect, created a great backdrop for the topic. You'll always be able to improve on technique and delivery but this had a heartfelt genuine feel throughout. Had are rawness to in, and i ain't gonna lie this is my Favorite audio i've heard on this site. Stick to this style, honest heartfelt music. Your young man e, don't get caught up in the bullshit, keep being yourself, because this was all you, and you shined bro.
#bananas
Elite View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Elite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2015 at 12:04am
Some of the nicest feed I've ever received on here. Massive props on the looks fam, I'm really appreciative of it.
Ransom View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 2-0-0
Form: WW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Ransom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2015 at 10:57am
Very emotional track and that makes it a great outcome.. I think the content could of been  little more vivid, but it was from he heart man and that trumps everything else.. Props fam
~Lyrical Death Dealer~
"The Mike Myers of Papyrus"
Mission View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Mic of the Month

Stats: 8-9-1
Form: LWLLLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mission Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2015 at 4:32pm
Definitely my favorite track i've heard from you. Flow was solid, emotion was very hearfelt and relatable. You did a good not quite great but good job of depicting your story and memories and expressing yourself. Aside from technical aspects in the rhymescheme at parts lyrically it was pretty much perfect and the vocals were mixed clean af. Great track, I'd say lets wait to call this AOTM, considering Ransom's 2 drops i think it's a pretty tough choice but ima be listening to both of those and this again and heavily considering this to get my vote. Good work bro
Elite View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Elite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2015 at 7:54pm
thanks guys.
H4ZE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 4-6-0
Form: WWLLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote H4ZE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2015 at 10:46pm
from the begging I can feel the emotion. Deffo see the elevation right off the bat, I feel like the vocals were a little quiet, may just be me but maybe turn them up a bit. Lyrics were great, and flow was smooth. This was one of your best drops for sure. Good shit homie.
Red-B View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 2-0-1
Form: NWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Red-B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2015 at 11:34pm
Everything about this track is absolutely dope man the beat is amazing enjoyed the hook and most importantly your lyrics/message in this piece gave me chill man deffo a really emotional track felt the pain and I could tell from knowing you and just the track this came straight from the hear I especially felt for you when you said it makes you sad when you see other kids disrespect there parents when you don't even have your dad.... Anyway man dope track lyrics packed the most emotion and meaning and this is a big step up on all levels
Elite View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Elite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2015 at 11:37pm
thanks for all the love and appreciation guys, I really feel like this is a stepping stone for me and my music, and I'm just glad y'all are here to be witnessing it. Thank you again.
dalinquent View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 29-23-1
Form: WLLLWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote dalinquent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2015 at 4:58am
This track was cool... beat is ill, real somber feel to it... flow was cool though I personally don't like punch ins and I heard a few thru this, they were done well enough and mixed good so it wasn't all that bad... I will say your voice was way too monotone for the track... I could tell there was emotion there but I didn't really hear it... only thing holding this back for me... props tho
Elite View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Elite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2015 at 7:38pm
Thanks for the feed, but I really feel like you focused more on the production than on the track's message itself which is the entire point of it. I couldn't do a full verse in one take, if I did that I would be stumbling all over the beat and heaving in breath really loudly and I don't really think the message would be as affective with so many distractions like that. And as for the vocals, I didn't think this was the right track to really put as much aggression in as my other tracks, that would only take away from the emotion of the track trying to roughen up my vocals. Just a few things I wanted to address, never like leaving the feeders hanging. Thanks for the look.
Stupendipidous View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Hunger Games

Stats: 0-6-0
Form: LLLLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Stupendipidous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2015 at 1:06am
this was fucking sweet man loved it from beginning to end a really nice tune to calm the nerves and nspire u to look back at everything we all take for granted really really good work cannot wait to find more of ypur audio stuff and look it up
Titu View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Stats: 47-19-0
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Titu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2015 at 1:36am
Originally posted by Elite Elite wrote:

I couldn't do a full verse in one take, if I did that I would be stumbling all over the beat and heaving in breath really loudly and I don't really think the message would be as affective with so many distractions like that.

I have this lil tip for the breathing issue..  I had the same problem when I was a kid, mainly due to smoking .  I was told this technique by a doctor. 

Fill a bottle (1.5 l or whatever is available)  with water. Take a tube and put it inside bottle's mouth with one end in your hand. Now hold the bottle upside down in a small tub or any other bowl that is filled with water, with bottle's  top end (opening)  inside the water surface in the bowl. That way,  water wont come outta the bottle.
Now,  Take a deep breath and blow the air in the bottle.  It will push the water outta the bottle.  Mark the bottle (to compare the reults and improvemnts in future) . Take 1/2 min rest between every set. Do it like 5 times in one sitting.

And everynight before you sleep,  try taking a deep breath from your mouth and hold it for as long as you can..mark the time and slowly exhale it out witya nose. Do it for like 10 min.

Not only these exercises will help you increase your stamina, but it will also strengthen your pulmonary muscles.  It will help your red blood cells to adapt to carry more oxygen to the cells. It also relaxes your body and helps Attention deficiency. And if ya smoke,  it will fasten the process of cleaning ya lungs from all the tar and stuff. Benefits are countlss...   And the best thing is, you can see the results in days.

Hope it helps.
Fuck That Fat smelly cunt Donald Trump, a racist asshole who is fucked in the head.

Elite View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Elite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 March 2015 at 1:40am
Nah I don't smoke, shits fucking nasty as fuck to me, but I've had really bad asthma since I was about 6. Maybe I'll try this some day, thanks for the tips.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic