Open Mic: Spirit Of Selma

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Real Hip Hop View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Real Hip Hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spirit Of Selma
    Posted: 14 March 2015 at 12:28pm

A firm grip on the choir, move their lips like a liar
The government have stock up on clips to go fire
Like Rick, slick when they hire - they slip us desires
Trip to the strip as a buyer, avoid tax, skip and retire

Just how slick are these people? They trick you with evil
Quick to claim equal. Recession; now pricks  have a sequel
In the 60’s they gave us slashes of Cane when we’re sold
The 80’s they shipped in crack and ’Caine for our nose
Now we are not ‘Able’ to see, it’s the story of ’Cane’ just retold
Got us killing each other, we blame - so their aim is control

The students form a queue, the truants mourn the few
The culprit’s at the pulpit - and the uniform’s a clue
 Is it really current? You really need to place your shame
Basketball owner doesn’t like those whose face is stained
Football fans won’t give a fan a space on the train
College students songs are a disgrace and vain
But Fox News fuels the fire so they can grace the stage
We need to chase the pain and pace our reign
Before the inquisition trace the way of Spain
Get the Ace and gain - we keep running; a race to blame
Keep going against the grain, educate our case and explain

*A ‘race’ to blame*

iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 11-5-1
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2015 at 12:36pm
Awesome stuff here. Extremely knowledgeable and touching on subjects that are relevant and current. Its amazing how it seems that this world is regressing back to where race is still an obstacle to overcome. Its so ignorant to think, no matter the race, one is superior to another. People need to understand that we are human race, and quite frankly we are losing. People are so smart that they are fucking stupid. What borderlines genius and insanity? We've developed so far from neanderthals into planet ruining murderous minded financial greedy pigs. People say, oh you have to speak up and words change things. Peaceful demonstrations change things. No they don't. But neither does violence. The world leaders have all the control. They have exactly what they want. Distraction so they can fulfill their agenda.... Good stuff here... #rantover
A-one AR Royalty View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote A-one AR Royalty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2015 at 2:10pm
RealHipHop great drop. It was highly conscious and insightful. My perception of the topic is a bit different though. I'm a mixed breed. So when I look at certain races. I'm often looking in then out. But as I grow I see how certain secret societies want races to stick together and fight for there rights. But if you think about it. Isn't that a form of segregation. Blacks died for the right to be equal with everyone else within the world. Whites died trying to keep slavery active. But as time has passed certain white families have gained control of the court system and most forms of news and entertainment to keep other races in a new form of financial slavery. And you talked abit about the war on Blacks I'm sorry I mean war on drugs back in the 80's. But as long as secret societies run certain cultures. We will always have forms of segregation. Enjoyed Your OM. Keep it up. AR
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Real Hip Hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2015 at 9:30am
Thanks.

iLL - you are right there's a lot going on we don't know about.

"Racism is still alive... They're just concealing it..."
CHAIN View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Reigning Open Mic King

Stats: 8-4-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote CHAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2015 at 9:58pm
dude, I keep on telling you,

start feeding other ppl shit. Your verses are too ill for you to be dropping them like this..like its nothing.
You gotta play the game.

This one was another classic, imho.

CHAIN View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Reigning Open Mic King

Stats: 8-4-0
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote CHAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 March 2015 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Real Hip Hop Real Hip Hop wrote:

In the 60’s they gave us slashes of Cane when we’re sold
The 80’s they shipped in crack and ’Caine for our nose
Now we are not ‘Able’ to see, it’s the story of ’Cane’ just retold
Got us killing each other, we blame - so their aim is control

well, damn.....
E.V.P. View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 7-4-0
Form: WWLLWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote E.V.P. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2015 at 4:36pm
This was a great read, kind of wish the story was a little longer.. The topic you elaborated on is always a tough one but I think you did an awesome job of portraying your thoughts in a meaningful way, however I felt as though you could've stayed on the topic a little better and ended up scattering your focus. You have a pretty good grasp as to what you need to bring to the table though and with some simple tweaking, you'll make more of an impact.

Keep at'r.
Brimstone View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LWLLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Brimstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2015 at 5:20pm
I think when minorities realize we aren't the minority, and stop trying to illicit things such as white guilt, is when we will make real progress.

Good drop, nice flow to it. Cool you're tryna do your Starbucks thing and get a conversation going.
Cuba View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Legendary Assassin

King of LA

Stats: 47-22-0
Form: WWWWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Cuba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2015 at 11:36pm
This was dope & your name basically says exactly what you're about...interestingly, seemed to be a mix of a cultural mix in here. Like some parts felt UK focused and others were more US focused, maybe that's just me though. I thought there was a lot of positives in here, content wise you were sharp, good understanding of rhymes, phrase wise you absolutely nailed some parts of it.

Equally, I think there was something a bit missing...not sure if it was more the tone of it, but I found it a bit hard to get emotionally involved because you came across a bit 'knowlegding' which is cool but I like to get under the surface of it a little bit...like when you read something by Chain it's equally as intellectual and sharp as you, but he adds that bit of colour/character with it through the way he writes it as a verse.

But that's my being incredibly picky to be honest, you showed a lot of quality in this one. Really good drop.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Real Hip Hop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2015 at 10:28pm

I think it's less about getting white people to feel guilty about racism.

But, more about stopping it.

Some media outlets acts as there are isolated cases and no real issue here.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic