Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Geeza View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 2-3-0
Form: LLWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Geeza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuck That Hit Snooze
    Posted: 03 July 2015 at 11:47am

My last 3 drops you were all quick too ignore
But my latest battle loss ya'll quick to ensure

Not a single bit of feed in over 2 weeks
Are my lyrics that shit? Should i just do beats?

How the noobs gonna improve when you chooose to snooze
like a system designed so the vets dont lose

Every time im online i offer anyone feed
But still im the one who has not recieved

I thought it was cus of the lack of meaning
so i dropped Chain Gang about the depression we been in

But nothing. Yet vets get a tonne of feed in hours
no wonder they turned their seed too flowers

Best of luck too anyone who just joined this place
Cus the lack of respect too amatuer work is a fuckin disgrace
Sky Scrapur View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 0-1-0
Form: L
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sky Scrapur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2015 at 1:36pm
True lyrics though i believe it takes time to be finally recognised. This is like the real world, you can't actually go up without making friends with the "big fish". Wisdom bro just wisdom.

Overall good flowing and meaningful verse.
iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 11-5-1
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (1) Likes(1)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2015 at 1:41pm
This seemed more poetic then it did hip hop in material. You're touching on not getting feedback, but people vote against you in battles. I have to agree with your last bar that any new person here does get slept on. We promote a community like environment but it really isn't. Scoot says it best, people here want all the credit but do none of the work. Unless someone has some talent, then they get fed. Yeah it sucks but at the same token, coming from my perspective, I can only say the same thing so many times before I'm tired of wasting my time. Personal experience, I've given so much feedback to people, stating what they should try, and it's either I'm a hater or they never take it into consideration and still drop the same garbage. So, it really is a take and give scenario. Shit, my latest pieces have been slept on, so dont even trip. Lastly, people vote against you because you lose. No other reason than that. Truthfully. If you had the better verse you would win. This verse was the same, nothing special. Decent flow. Def not 4 stars though.
Geeza View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 2-3-0
Form: LLWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Geeza Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2015 at 5:43pm
I just wanted to say this has nothing too do with being pissed about losing, i forgot too put expos that my fault, i aint gonna say its cus im hated or anything. This is just how i feel about the no feed thing, its pretty shitty when you aint getting nothing for weeks then the first thing you get is negative. But as i said i fully accept that lose, thats not what this is focused on.

I hear you about people not taking the advice given in feed, but dont paint all with the same brush man, some people will some wont thats life. I wanna learn, but i dont pick stuff up quickly, i tend too stick too what i can do effectively. And i think thats the same with most people. But the sense of community is alive in the chatrooms, but theres no trace of it in the "noobie" om's. Its noobs feeding noobs which really gets no where. Cus you dont feel you can learn from them.

iLL ScriptureZ View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 11-5-1
Form: LWWLWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote iLL ScriptureZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 July 2015 at 6:12pm
Fair enough, and I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. "Negative" feed is the best feed. People praising everything you drop, even if it's great, really isn't helpful. It's nice to hear, yeah, and builds confidence but being able to take harsh critiques really can drive someone. Hone into finding a nice flow, maybe a little longer than here. Find a direction and write about it, which you did here. Work on multi syllable rhyming and using them not only at the end but in the beginning and midr parts of lines. There's a start.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic