Author
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner
Speaker of Wisdom & Truth

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 3-4-0
Form: WLLWLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Hero Next Door
    Posted: 06 November 2015 at 7:16pm
About to tuck into spam an eggs, when the siren blares
Caught unaware, jumpin outta chairs, we run in pairs
Down the pole, the engines roll, to a fire outta control
Speedin thru the cold night, of the dark cities soul
Hit the Blues n Twos, there's no time to lose
suited up fire crews hear the latest news
See the red glow an flames grow, from the ragin inferno
Onlookers pushin to an fro, ta catch a glimps of the show
smell of smoke an ash from the old saw mill
it gives me a thrill, a chance to flex ma skill 
I love to be the hero, the man of the hour
just call me a firefightin jack bauer!
strike an action pose, girls love ma fire hose
See me in tha firefighter calendar bearin no clothes
I enter the blaze, no visibility from the smokey haze
can feel the heat from the firey rays in this deadly maze
cant ignore we're fightin a war, as I storm the nearest door
as the flames sore ever more, I'm deafened by the fires roar
I stumble, my foot catchs an I stagger then tumble
as I struggle to my feet I see a boys body in the rubble
as am shakin, something inside's awakened, surely I must be mistaken
the place was meant to be vacant when I set fire to the basement
I cant take it, steppin into the gates of hell to join satans cell
as the flames begin to swell, I say my final farewell...
Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
levy420 View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 39-33-4
Form: LWWLLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote levy420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2015 at 7:22pm
This was dope scotty filled with multis good transitions an a plot twist all in all a nice read would of liked it a lil bit longer maybe in the begining talk more about what u dove into in the end about how u started the fire in the basement nice to see you dropping opens now. Its been a while since ive had the time to even get on here keep up the good worl sir
I'll explode at the drop of a dime like proximity mines
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2015 at 7:27pm
It's from round 2 of the Heat Wave tournament. If you haven't yet, you should check out the previous battles.

Appreciate the feed though, thanks.
Great and Glorious Supreme Presidential Leader of the People's Democratic Republic of LA
Sammy View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Beacon of Light

Crew: Elision

Stats: 1-1-1
Form: LNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Sammy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2015 at 11:38pm
oh shit so the firefighter staged the fire? thats crazy. I'm going to over-analyze the message a little bit. I feel, more than ever, shit like this can actually happen lol. with social media being the new gods, people would do anything for recognition and notoriety. I like the crux of the story. but i mostly dug the progression. the unassuming and very ideal first half in directly contrast with the dark unveiling .. then finally the ironic ending ha. pretty cool bro. Rhyming was crisp, imo.
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2015 at 7:21pm
Yeah the shit can happen, the idea was loosely based on a fire investigation program I saw like 15yrs ago (kinda like the Air Crash Investigation programs, but for fires) where a fireman or arson investigator set a fire on his way to a fire fighting convention.

I never consciously thought about the "5 seconds of fame" mentality social media has given us, but that definitely fits and is very relevant for times today.

Thanks for the feed.
WolfMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote WolfMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2015 at 7:45pm
Towards the end your rhythm and multis picked up nice. Flow to me was a little rocky in the beginning but as when i write a text piece, i in my mind create my own "beat" if you will so with text for me to just know the flow and pronunciation of your words is un realistic so can't be to harsh on that. 

The story line was cool i enjoyed the plot and the little twist at the end. I can relate to it, near my house there was an old house for fire fighters to burn down and practice, and actually burned down and murdered a homeless person who had snuck in an hid not knowing its purpose to be a practice house for fire squads. 

I do however feel the imagery you could have worked on a bit more this has the potential to be a very visual text piece with just a little bit more description and a little more time spent on it. With text there is no beat for the audience like i stated above, so you gotta capture the visuals as much as possible and hook in an audience that way as a "filler", I can imagine being a fire fighter and having a situation like that would be very devastating and traumatizing and just the setting could have been portrayed a bit more is what i am getting at I suppose.

All in all i thought it was a good piece man different from the normal things i hear and read on these sites. Keep it up man !
~Record~

Wins … Losses

..0.. …   .. 0..

Notez View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 6-3-2
Form: WWNWLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Notez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2015 at 11:04pm
i love a good plot twist in a OM piece....cant say i seen this coming....

from an imagery stand point this shit was dope as hellfire....
coulda used a few tweaks in the wording in some areas as i felt they were kinda basic

but sometimes simplicity is best....

all in all i really enjoyed reading this keep it up scotty......
LordBrokenBone View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote LordBrokenBone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2015 at 9:30pm
Now that was perfectly done...its like reading a very short novel of a multirhyme obsessed author who has a thing increasing the thrill of a plot with everyline...very interesting Scotty, never a dull moment in the whole verse...so real when you read it i even got a bit scared that the fire might kill the hero....and the twist of the plot just had me admiring the creative imagination...picture well painted of a story well told...nice one G
It Aint A Punch With A Glove Over It
MasterChief View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MasterChief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 November 2015 at 6:04pm
Nice one indeed. this is what I mean by thinking outside of the box. you are definitely an open mic hero. good job man and take care of yourself.
Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Crew: Elision

Stats: 41-7-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Exoduzt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2015 at 12:35am
Scotty you actually surprise me when it comes to topicals.  For not posting much you certainly can paint a picture with your words.  Your story telling is pretty on point.  I'd really like for you to post more topicals and to keep getting at it.  When it comes to your rhymes they aren't as bad as I thought they were gonna be.  You proved that in our battle most recently.  If you could find some time keep writing and trying to get that rhyme scheme down.  I feel thats where you need to improve on most is your scheme. I dont know why some people are saying "perfectly done" and sugar coating your nuts.  The story was cool and if you keep writing and working on that scheme you could actually get to a new level.   People need to drop real feed and stop brown nosing..but for real scotty i like your story telling would you be down for a collab?

nice work scoots

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MasterChief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2015 at 6:43pm
Good stuff man. somebody off of here might make it. keep your game strong and build up your skills. your storytelling is pretty good.
Xces View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Xces Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2015 at 6:53pm
The end of the this is the best def.

You started off a bit slow and I wasn't really feeling it, I enjoyed that the story was very guided, but in the last half you really picked up the multi's and had better wording. The topic chosen and how it's presented is great, I think if the start had been as strong as the finish it would have been amazing.

Still a good drop.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote MasterChief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2015 at 7:17pm
I liked it too. this has been an amazing journey so far. you guys know a lot about writing and it is very inspiring to be here.
Scotty32 View Drop Down
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Scotty32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2015 at 7:30pm
Exo, I completely agree with you - The irony of which, is that I would actually prefer honest feed.

Master Chief - you do realise you've fed this 3 times now, are you actually reading it or just droppin a post?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic