Author
Red-B View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Crew: eNtiTy

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 2-0-1
Form: NWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Red-B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1st verse of madness
    Posted: 09 January 2016 at 5:11pm
This is the first verse of Madness a story telling track that is on my upcoming EP called "homeward bound" which means eventually this will be an audio.

Ha, fuck yeah, Im off this Coke and ice.
Finna toll with my life, bitch I roll the dice.
Can't live it twice, so Ima live it vice.
N pop some pills, smoke some weed, n fuck a bitch tonight.
super lit, that's right. Flipping bricks at nine.
Getting paid, getting laid, man this shits the life.
Paradise, air is nice, living life, getting high, hitting guys,
fuck you know you gotta pay the price.
Ahh, I'm the plug of this town
If people need drugs then they calling me now.
But jip and get stupid, you fuck boys I'll lose it
That gun in that glove box I promise I'll use it.
Cuz I... Really don't give a fuck
Go ahead try to cheat me if you feeling tough!
Better yet ask drew if he's feeling tough.
You can find'em in the lake if your lucky enough
Anyway I'll move on I'm bout to flip this brick
Yo, bro lets go, where you park the whip?
Finna meet this young kid where the lights are dim.
Grab the duffle bag filled with the heroin.
N don't scare the kid he might buy again
Let's just get'em so addicted that we profit'n
N yo make this next left, I think I see him, man
pull over right here lets grab the bag, n scram.
So we got out, I hid the gun near my back
Put on my ski mask, I approached and he asked
If I had the stuff, pulled it out n a flash.
You got the money? He looked and he laughed
He pulled out a 9 right at my head
At that very moment, I knew he was dead
"Listen kid, this mistake cost you ya life"
I looked in his eyes cocked it back n I said.
Rebel View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2016 at 5:19pm
I'd prefer you just recorded it and presented this that way because the content doesn't have a whole lot too offer. I'm hoping your delivery saves the day when you record it. Violence, guns, fucking bitches and doing drugs, I'm a total bad ass nonsense. It's old. It's played. Furthermore, I don't know what's worse, actually being about that life and recording it or not being about that life and recording it. lol.
Elite View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Audio Rank: #3
Stats: 5-0-0
Form: WWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Elite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2016 at 5:46pm
^ you do understand this is a topical storytelling verse right with a fictional character, right? Smh.

Furthermore, B, this was pretty dope. Likes how you kept it simple lyrically for story telling purposes. You had a nice dtoryline here and developed your character pretty well. I liked how you had the character walk thru his past and present lifestyle. Cant wait to hear this on record. Hot shot bro, GTE
Red-B View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Stats: 2-0-1
Form: NWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Red-B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2016 at 8:50pm
first off Rebel I feel pretty disrespected. you totally ignored the fact its a story telling / topical track. The beat when I heard it had a story and I was the narrator/director if that makes sense. Maybe you just got the wrong idea but there is more to this track than just "fucking bitches smoking weed and parties" its almost like a movie, I explained this was story telling above and the flow and lyrics are pretty damn good for a story telling joint. Regardless thanks for taking time to read the piece. E also thanks for the feed man and the read.
H4ZE View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 4-6-0
Form: WWLLLL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote H4ZE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2016 at 9:08pm
yo, you showed me this verse not to long ago, i like the direction your going with the story, you already know u have a good flow and shit lol. im excited to see how this comes to life on audio and how you continue the story throughout the next verse. im not really a text head like i used to be so im just judging this off the fact that its gonna be a song, not so much on a technical level. this is dope man keep workin, good shit.
The Rap Daemon View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Stats: 6-14-0
Form: LWLWWL
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote The Rap Daemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2016 at 9:21pm
The rhymes are basic, but being what it is it's not a major thing at all. Flow is on point, and the way you developed the story was probably the best I've seen on the site.. Gradual, and you didn't skip shit too fast or explain things too much, so descriptively it was ace.. Also, the overall story kept the realism without jumping into naturalistic or weird situations, so you were consistent their too, and it was an interesting choice of story put together effectively and wording was great also..

Ah, fuck it,I'm not gonna props you nymore 'coz I'd be going on for too long, so I will end now saying that I look forward to hearing this as audio.
Faggot
Crimson Juice View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Crew: Lyricist Inc.

Stats: 6-11-0
Form: LLWLW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Crimson Juice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2016 at 1:37am
lol the ending kind of reminded me of that slick rick
track children story,and if you know anything about
S/Rik you'll know he's story telling abilitys are 2nd
to none,so I guess that a complement to you,your rhyme
was good,and over a beat it'll sound like multi madness
lol..yeah your contents and concept were good,it also
flowed well on reading in text,on a beat might be a Lil
different, it'll either be ok or fire,you'll have
post a snippet,I'm curious to find out,all on all
it was a nice piece...peace.
IZIAH View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Audio Rank: Unranked
Stats: 2-3-1
Form: WLLWLN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote IZIAH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2016 at 6:31pm
This was interesting, I liked the angle you have gone with it. The living the life with drugs and gangsta shit isn't my type of topical/ storie telling, but I still enjoyed reading this, but let me guess, it isn't finished aye? Cuz the end seemed like there could be alot more in the story, its open to expand. But overall nice work. Keep going bro
~Insight The Inspired~
Rebel View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2016 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Elite Elite wrote:

^ you do understand this is a topical storytelling verse right with a fictional character, right? Smh.

Furthermore, B, this was pretty dope. Likes how you kept it simple lyrically for story telling purposes. You had a nice dtoryline here and developed your character pretty well. I liked how you had the character walk thru his past and present lifestyle. Cant wait to hear this on record. Hot shot bro, GTE

Actually, I didn't.
In all honestly, I read over it pretty quickly and seen the gist of subject matter and that it was a bit on the basic side and lost interest, that's my bad I should have given it more attention than I did and I usually do. However, it's worth noting that I don't have to like the piece, and just because I may not care for it doesn't say much other than I didn't care for this one piece.
Rebel View Drop Down
Banned
Banned

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Rebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2016 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by Red-B Red-B wrote:

first off Rebel I feel pretty disrespected. you totally ignored the fact its a story telling / topical track. The beat when I heard it had a story and I was the narrator/director if that makes sense. Maybe you just got the wrong idea but there is more to this track than just "fucking bitches smoking weed and parties" its almost like a movie, I explained this was story telling above and the flow and lyrics are pretty damn good for a story telling joint. Regardless thanks for taking time to read the piece. E also thanks for the feed man and the read.
Read my reply to E, then go look around at what feedback I do give around the site and tell me I'm trying to ruin someone's day. I'm not, my bad. If I get a good minute maybe i'll revisit it.
Elite View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member

Audio Rank: #3
Stats: 5-0-0
Form: WWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Elite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 January 2016 at 8:47pm
I didnt say you have to care for the piece, its honestly not my interest to care whether you do or not. Opinions are opinions, you like what you like, but i feel that your lack of understanding towards the piece needed to be spoken on. Its no hard feelings, its just what it is
Concrete View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Stats: 33-6-0
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Concrete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2016 at 12:02pm
As Elite was kind enough to explain for Rebel, it's a fictional story. Still, this particular theme is basically beaten to death already, so it's not easy to craft fresh and original gangster bars wether it's bravado or fiction. I can't say you made something new with it here, unfortunately. 

The narrative itself was aight, nicely paced, some fitting imagery. The rather standard rhymeschemes could use some tweaking to make things more interesting tho. As it stands now it's good to decent piece, but the goal should be to write a GREAT piece, right? And I think this one needs some more polish and creative twists to be deemed that. Keep at it.       
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic