Open Mic: Dear Dad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mikey425 View Drop Down

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 1-3-1
Form: LLLNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mikey425 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dear Dad
    Posted: 12 February 2016 at 12:10pm
First Verse:
Dear dad If you were to say fuck it give up and die
I wouldn't hate you one bit, I Would understand y
And that's No lie
You got this Murderer shedding bloody tears
You told me get out the life,
said son there ain't nothing here
So I try
but all I can do is survive
I'm like a jack in the box
I'm trapped in the 425
with no place to go
Where the fuck can I hide
I'm stuck here looking for my little patch of blue sky
During sad times I just sit and reminisce
About cruising down pike,
When I was just a lil kid
If anyone fucked with the family
You were quick to split their wig
Motherfuckers ask me who I am
Bitch, I'm Mikes kid.

R&B type Chorus:
I see the pain in the eyes of my dad
Man it hurts so bad
For your sake father please let go,(I just wanted you to know)
I promise to remain strong
Be a man for Charlie Maggie and Mom
Dad you need to let go.
(Even Though I'll miss you so)
Neek View Drop Down
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Super Mario Slaughterer

Stats: 3-1-0
Form: LWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Neek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2016 at 4:45pm
yeah this piece is so genuine. and I know that it means alot personally, so its fucking amazing how much youve worked toward crafting a personal sentiment. its a compelling read really, and I dig the heartfelt coming to understand your own truths. in the earlier drafts, you kinda hinted you would rage over anyone who spoke ill of your father, but in this draft, I think above everything you let his spirit shine. a loyal family man who wanted well for his family and made sure that you didnt fuck your own life up with mistakes.

very cool piece bro. I am definitely anxious to hear it recorded.
#Bananas
Mikey425 View Drop Down

Stats: 1-3-1
Form: LLLNW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Mikey425 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2016 at 6:00pm
all in due time first it needs one or two more verses, and I need someone who knows what they're doing to make the beat. Plus this iPad doesn't record to well so I need to get the basic set up. Once all that's done it's just a matter of finding the right females voice,
One who sounds like that broad who sang the chorus in the song: R.I.P Soldier by Adolesen
I could sing it myself but it would sound better with that feminine touch. You know how it is.

Honestly this version only took about 15 minutes once I put Little Stroll on repeat, between your lyrics and the beat it just came to me there was literally no effort put into it at all this time around
And wether he ever realizes it or not CheeseBurger Eddie is part of the reason I was able to work like this.
The way he rhymes has a fluidity to it, it makes me think about word choice.

It helped taking a little vacation from LA , I was more focused on the style this site likes to use. Rather then my
own style. To me rap is more than just hip hop. To me a real artist can blend genres together.
Such as Ice T did when he teamed up with Body Count to make Cop Killer. Or how Eminem did Stan with Sir Elton John. I also drew inspiration from DMX's Look Thru My Eyes and so many others.
Thank you NEEK I'll keep working on this.

Btw I can hear improvement with each track you lay down. I'd like to hear a little more rapid fire from you though
I think that's the one ability you're capable of that you don't use enough. With your skill you Could Do something like Jay Z did with Linkin Park. Hey I never thought of that. You're the Jay-Z of the Pacific NorthWest.

AshleyKaos View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Voter of The Month

Stats: 28-63-3
Form: LWLLNQ
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2016 at 10:43pm
emotional. i connect with it but ext time dont use the audio version discriptors kills the emmotional vibe good shit
NUMBER 1 FEMALE MC TILL THE DEATH OF ME
Chainfire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Chainfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2016 at 9:12am
Hey Mikey, that's definitely deep and I can tell it came from the heart. It is definitely a good choice for you. I like it. I can't wait for you to finish the other two verses. And get it on a track. Keep up the good work homie.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic