Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Patient Zero View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Text Rank: Unranked
Stats: 0-1-1
Form: LN
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Patient Zero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Superstitious
    Posted: 13 May 2016 at 8:43pm
I woke up feeling strong vibes of dread with milk spilt over my best books. then I stepped out with my left foot on the wrong side of the bed. Yeah I should have just lied there instead but I had more to do at the post-office, it was so ominous as I walked out my bedroom door the horseshoe fell on my head. clicked on the news: some dumb fella had just been smoked by a serial killer! ThenI broke my mirror dumbly opening up my umbrella. And then I spilt the salt yet another bad-shit omen, probably not good so I went to knock on the wood & tipped a candlestick over. Fumbling for change but had no looseness, and then I tripped over the broom and not a moment sooner, when I opened my wallet all I had were deuces. Then stumbled over the television cables looking for my lucky bracelet, left the house with my hat on the blankets & my new shoes on the kitchen table. A frog leapt onto my backpack I just can’t stop attracting these laments, stepped all over the cracks in the pavement just trying to dodge a black cat. Then I heard an owl hoot three times and wondered if it mattered? Then walked straight under a ladder trying not to read between the lines. Yeah, Just when thinking my life so pleasant & not some old wives tale, I opened my mail & someone had sent me a knife for a present. But I spied a calendar amongst a group of pictures with my eyes strained & hurting, it was Friday the 13th! I guess I’m lucky that I’m not superstitious.
Droidian View Drop Down
BIG GAME KILLER!

Stats: 7-2-0
Form: WWLWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Droidian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2016 at 5:35am
it's an interesting subject. ..germane to the day. i found the format slightly tricky to work with as i read.   just when i thought i had a sense of the schemes, i'd get tripped up..

i'd like to see it reformatted so i could really explore the schemes.

the pattern i got, however, was like
line 1 AB
line 2 BA

interesting approach. see it poetry, but rarely in rap.

some of the rhymes were a bit mismatched

in the final bar: group of pictures/superstitious...some assonant moves here that work - moreso in audio...doesn't scan quite as well in a written. but i can def see how it could be bent in a certain way.

group - soup
of - uh
pic chuhs- stitious

others, like laments/pavement...not as successful as the vowel sounds don't align.

AshleyKaos View Drop Down
Standard Member
Standard Member

Crew: Tha Syndicate

Voter of The Month

Stats: 28-63-3
Form: LWLLNQ
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote AshleyKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 5:10am
I can see your an u foreground story telling atmosphere type writer audio wise.   .work on your struggles and make your syllables rhyme better with the second ending rhyme of a bar and you'll improve exponentially
NUMBER 1 FEMALE MC TILL THE DEATH OF ME
Exoduzt View Drop Down
Superior Member
Superior Member
NaCl

Crew: Elision

Stats: 41-7-5
Form: WWWWWW
Post Options Post Options   Likes (0) Likes(0)   Quote Exoduzt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2016 at 5:29am
Gotta be honest...Switch the format up.  It will make it much easier to read and you'll get better responses.  Def have to switch the format homie...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic